Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking more than likely he will be our next PM.
Mal is a dead man walking on the numbers yesterday. Can’t possibly survive.
I’m a leftie, well known, so I’m having a real giggle at the party that “doesn’t knife sitting Prime Ministers”.
Well, #2 knifing is very very close.
Could not happen to nicer group really,probably the only halfway decent person among them is Julie Bishop and yes your summation of Turnball,s chances are correct and yes I would call myself a true believer also.

I must admit I am as appalled at the thought of Dutton as pm as I was at the thought of Trump it beggars belief really.

Probably. I don’t have the technical inclination or motivation to correct said settings.
What setting do you have the site on? There was a notice about change.

Look down the bottom of the page,left hand side, under 'Home', I have mine on cool.

I changed it and now I can't see the name or avatar, just 'show ignored'.

The study by CSU and ANU has been discredited.
A million birds a day?
So 350 million a year. 700 million in two years. Over a billion after 2 and a half.
Simply, if these figures were correct there wouldn’t be a bird left in Australia right now.
But haters love to put this up as pure fact.
Shhhh....... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-13/greg-hunt-feral-cat-native-animals-fact-check/5858282
now I’m repeating myself here. I’ve no time for feral cats, and have no issue with their eradication.
I do have an issue with people who want to claim that all cats are feral. Simply not true and responsible cat ownership should be encouraged.
The reason we have feral cats is due to feral humans. And that’s verifiable.

Can you provide some evidence that the study I referred to has been 'discredited'? So far your only argument against the findings of the study seems to be that you find the numbers incredible. It is estimated that 11 billion birds land in Australia each year, which means that cats are estimated to kill 3-4 percent of them.

The link you've provided is to an article which in no way contradicts the findings of the study released last year. On the contrary, two of the main voices in the article were also authors of the ANU/Charles Darwin Uni study, and the article you've linked goes further by estimating that feral cats kill around 75 million native animals each day, which includes a lot of reptiles, mammals, and birds.

All of this is separate to the issue of your avatar, which remains offensive in its own right.

EDIT: You've changed your avatar, which I appreciate very much.

Can you provide some evidence that the study I referred to has been 'discredited'? So far your only argument against the findings of the study seems to be that you find the numbers incredible. It is estimated that 11 billion birds land in Australia each year, which means that cats are estimated to kill 3-4 percent of them.

The link you've provided is to an article which in no way contradicts the findings of the study released last year. On the contrary, two of the main voices in the article were also authors of the ANU/Charles Darwin Uni study, and the article you've linked goes further by estimating that feral cats kill around 75 million native animals each day, which includes a lot of reptiles, mammals, and birds.

All of this is separate to the issue of your avatar, which remains offensive in its own right.
Hahaha..typical animal hating fwit.
The numbers your study quote are simply unsustainable. The numbers don’t stack up.
Birds would not/could not exist in this country on those numbers. As the fact check found.
UNVERIFIABLE.
You love to hate, that’s fine. But try and use an unverifiable report from similar minded fwits to back yourself up.
And, as I’ve stated many, many times, I’ve no time for ferals. And as a hater, you’ve conveniently dismissed that in my post you quoted.
The report is discredited, by the fairytale numbers and the ABC.
And, news flash. The avatar was changed an hour before your post!
Not really up on the real world are you?

So cats are on the agenda again.

After my last post I rang the local council. They said they have an agreement with the two vets in town.
Take them in & they'll be checked to see if they have a chip or can be potentially be saved as a pet.

Fair enough I thought, I don't actually want to kill someones pet on the off chance it is one. Took two in in 2 days. Was then told if I bring anymore in I'll have to pay $70 to have them destroyed.

My other option was to have council come on my property & set traps. Now it's been my experience here & in Melb that getting involved with local council is just ends in bullshit & dollars. So they can get ****ed.

Wash up is it's cheaper for me to use a bullet & keep council of my property.

Which I did 2 days ago, no pleasure. It's what I'll be doing from now on. Bad luck if your pet ends up on my property.

Six down, millions to go.

Hahaha..typical animal hating fwit.
The numbers your study quote are simply unsustainable. The numbers don’t stack up.
Birds would not/could not exist in this country on those numbers. As the fact check found.
UNVERIFIABLE.
You love to hate, that’s fine. But try and use an unverifiable report from similar minded fwits to back yourself up.
And, as I’ve stated many, many times, I’ve no time for ferals. And as a hater, you’ve conveniently dismissed that in my post you quoted.
The report is discredited, by the fairytale numbers and the ABC.
And, news flash. The avatar was changed an hour before your post!
Not really up on the real world are you?

You changed your avatar, congratulations. It still doesn't explain why you paraded it around for so long, either oblivious to or uncaring of the fact that it was offensive.

So, you've decided to lash out and call me a fwit. You've also declined to provide any evidence for your assertion that the Charles Darwin/ANU study has been discredited. I think that there's a connection between these things: you don't really have an argument, so you've opted for bile.

I love animals...which is why I'm concerned about the extent of their destruction by feral cats. And no, I didn't dismiss your own stated distaste for feral cats, I just found that statement to be irrelevant compared to your baseless claims and offensive (former) avatar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Politics..................this is absolute gold from Julie Bishop

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has skewered Karl Stefanovic on the Today show, after the host speculated about the future of Malcolm Turnbull's prime ministership.

Taking it in her stride, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop answers Karl Stefanovic's question "what's it like talking to a man on death row?" Vision: Today Show

The breakfast TV host opened his interview with Bishop on Wednesday with the pointed question: "What is it like talking to a man [Turnbull] on death row?"

But the barb failed to land, with Bishop returning fire with a fiery observation of her own.

"Well, I'm talking to you Karl," she said. "What are you suggesting?"

Politics..................this is absolute gold from Julie Bishop

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has skewered Karl Stefanovic on the Today show, after the host speculated about the future of Malcolm Turnbull's prime ministership.

Taking it in her stride, Foreign Minister Julie Bishop answers Karl Stefanovic's question "what's it like talking to a man on death row?" Vision: Today Show

The breakfast TV host opened his interview with Bishop on Wednesday with the pointed question: "What is it like talking to a man [Turnbull] on death row?"

But the barb failed to land, with Bishop returning fire with a fiery observation of her own.

"Well, I'm talking to you Karl," she said. "What are you suggesting?"
That was as good a take down as you'd get.

Karl's ex says hi too.

Are you a Floyd fan too?
Not a huge fan, but do enjoy the music.
Saw Roger twice at Rod Laver.
The first was the entire Dark Side album as the first half of the show, with the hits the second half.
Dark Side was the best album ever, and I never thought I’d see it performed live. A privilege.
The second was the Wall in its entirety. With the styrofoam bricks being pushed over towards the end.
One of the bricks landed on top of a female security guard. She wasn’t in a good way, hurt her neck.
A dampener on an otherwise great night.

You changed your avatar, congratulations. It still doesn't explain why you paraded it around for so long, either oblivious to or uncaring of the fact that it was offensive.

So, you've decided to lash out and call me a fwit. You've also declined to provide any evidence for your assertion that the Charles Darwin/ANU study has been discredited. I think that there's a connection between these things: you don't really have an argument, so you've opted for bile.

I love animals...which is why I'm concerned about the extent of their destruction by feral cats. And no, I didn't dismiss your own stated distaste for feral cats, I just found that statement to be irrelevant compared to your baseless claims and offensive (former) avatar.
All you had to do was post your distaste. As Jmac did.
You didn’t even look before you finally posted, stating your distaste hours after the avatar was changed.
Everything else I can’t take seriously after that mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back