Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest, everyone is looking for a reason as to why SS was delisted...

But at the end of the day, he had 4 years on the list to transition into a professional footballer, and he didn't.

There's no doubting his ability, so this falls solely on SS's shoulders.

And if I was being harsh, to all the people trying to find excuses as to why it wasn't him, is probably the reason he's in this position, everyone making excuses for him instead of just calling it as they see it. In his eyes, why change, as it's never his fault
Agree and I think the club made it's mind up a good while ago about this, well before the end of the season, which would explain my frustration of playing him out of position. The club was not going to give him any favours because he had run out of them.

To be honest, everyone is looking for a reason as to why SS was delisted...

But at the end of the day, he had 4 years on the list to transition into a professional footballer, and he didn't.

There's no doubting his ability, so this falls solely on SS's shoulders.

And if I was being harsh, to all the people trying to find excuses as to why it wasn't him, is probably the reason he's in this position, everyone making excuses for him instead of just calling it as they see it. In his eyes, why change, as it's never his fault
beautifully summed-up. terrible waste of talent

Gone but not forgotten.

Anybody have Stacky on tiktok ?

Is he:

a) training the house down ?
b) putting in the hard yards ?
c) moved back to WA ?
d) Moved back in with Dimma ?

Is there any news ?
He is eating healthy
Is training
Not sure where he is

Agree and I think the club made it's mind up a good while ago about this, well before the end of the season, which would explain my frustration of playing him out of position. The club was not going to give him any favours because he had run out of them.
another obvious factor would have been George and Aarts were well out of favour going forward, and there was a forward position there for the taking that could apply pressure and kicks snags..... and Clarkey had and nibble and then MRJ announced himself and said "thank you very much and thank your mother for the rabbits".

another obvious factor would have been George and Aarts were well out of favour going forward, and there was a forward position there for the taking that could apply pressure and kicks snags..... and Clarkey had and nibble and then MRJ announced himself and said "thank you very much and thank your mother for the rabbits".
Not going over this again but George wasn't that out of favour, played the first 11 games. The week Stack was probably our best they promoted George again over him. Writ large.

Not going over this again but George wasn't that out of favour, played the first 11 games. The week Stack was probably our best they promoted George again over him. Writ large.
Going FORWARD i specified.... if stack had turned up fit as a fiddle in jan/feb, he plays R1 or straight in as soon as george or aarts were floundering.

I might be in the minority, but I'm glad he is gone. The worst thing the club could do is to carry him through another season of unprofessionalism.

He was given so many chances to show he could be an AFL footballer but was either too lazy or uncommitted to do the hard yards.

I look at all the chances Stacky got and shake my head, given you look at his talent and compre his journey to a fellow teammate in Lambert.

I'd be telling Sydney that if he wants another chance, he plays VFL football on an AFL supplied fitness program and prove he will do what it takes to get abck onto an AFL list, with his career hanging in the balance.

Time to nut up or shut up for Stacky.

I might be in the minority, but I'm glad he is gone. The worst thing the club could do is to carry him through another season of unprofessionalism.

He was given so many chances to show he could be an AFL footballer but was either too lazy or uncommitted to do the hard yards.

I look at all the chances Stacky got and shake my head, given you look at his talent and compre his journey to a fellow teammate in Lambert.

I'd be telling Sydney that if he wants another chance, he plays VFL football on an AFL supplied fitness program and prove he will do what it takes to get abck onto an AFL list, with his career hanging in the balance.

Time to nut up or shut up for Stacky.
I reckon he would be well aware of that, about 3 months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he'd done enough hard work we would have upgraded him. I'm disappointed but it's on him. Hope he smashes it in the lower leagues next year.

He's still young enough for a second chance with someone, but he ran out of chances with us.

Will be curious to see if Adelaide come into contention with Shedda being there
I think the crows would ask shedda about him but he would be well aware of all the sh!t Richmond had to do just to get him playing VFL
would be a big call to say yes

If any club makes a call to him i would say it has to be a club that believes they have the support to get the beat out of him and that would be after a train on period. Unless its carlton or Norf they just take anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back