Corona virus and other pestilences. Poxes ‘n stuff. Part 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Measles cases increasing in many countries as vaccine participation drops. The anti vax fraudsters have a lot to answer for if that trend continues.

One interesting thing here is the relationship between people who were hesitant on the new covid vaccines, vs people who are genuinely anti-vax (ie against all vaccines and hold conspiracy theories about them).

I think covid has probably taken a lot of people who were in the former group, and pushed them in to the second. I'm not sure to what extent this is due to them being preyed on because they become open to misinformation, but I think there also has to be some accountability for the over-usage of the term itself to group all of these people together and thus push them in to that identity.

One interesting thing here is the relationship between people who were hesitant on the new covid vaccines, vs people who are genuinely anti-vax (ie against all vaccines and hold conspiracy theories about them).

I think covid has probably taken a lot of people who were in the former group, and pushed them in to the second. I'm not sure to what extent this is due to them being preyed on because they become open to misinformation, but I think there also has to be some accountability for the over-usage of the term itself to group all of these people together and thus push them in to that identity.
It is not the generally hesitant man in the street I am referring to.
Those shoving the anti vax message ( with big money behind and to them) are responsible for this.
Of course some are genuinely concerned, or were at first and had questions, but the fear mongering, promotion of conspiracy theories which brought in the flat earth types and general disinformation by grifters and nefarious characters hooked them in even deeper.
The ‘wellness’ industry has done well out of this very conveniently.

It is not the generally hesitant man in the street I am referring to.
Those shoving the anti vax message ( with big money behind and to them) are responsible for this.
Of course some are genuinely concerned, or were at first and had questions, but the fear mongering, promotion of conspiracy theories which brought in the flat earth types and general disinformation by grifters and nefarious characters hooked them in even deeper.
The ‘wellness’ industry has done well out of this very conveniently.
Yes this is a fair call and I agree.

I just wonder at the same time did those on the pro-covid vaccination side play in to it/exacerbate the problem by grouping those hesitant people under the same tag. The reality is there was a wild spectrum of responses to the covid vaccines (examples below) and there were people (not saying you), often in the media that tried to group anybody that wasn't in the 100% blind faith group in to the same bucket.

1. Pro-vaccination but not willing to take the covid vaccines
2. Willing to take the covid vaccines but not the mRNA ones (waiting for novavax or similar)
3. Pro-vaccination but waiting for more data/evidence on the covid vaccines
4. Willing to take the covid vaccines but not at their current age
5. Willing to take the covid vaccines but also be critical of where they didn't live up to what was said about them and call for a level of accountability/investigation on this
6. Genuine anti-vaxxers who think that the MMR vaccine causes autism
7. Blind faith pro-vaccinators who think the covid vaccines worked perfectly

Yes this is a fair call and I agree.

I just wonder at the same time did those on the pro-covid vaccination side play in to it/exacerbate the problem by grouping those hesitant people under the same tag. The reality is there was a wild spectrum of responses to the covid vaccines (examples below) and there were people (not saying you), often in the media that tried to group anybody that wasn't in the 100% blind faith group in to the same bucket.

1. Pro-vaccination but not willing to take the covid vaccines
2. Willing to take the covid vaccines but not the mRNA ones (waiting for novavax or similar)
3. Pro-vaccination but waiting for more data/evidence on the covid vaccines
4. Willing to take the covid vaccines but not at their current age
5. Willing to take the covid vaccines but also be critical of where they didn't live up to what was said about them and call for a level of accountability/investigation on this
6. Genuine anti-vaxxers who think that the MMR vaccine causes autism
7. Blind faith pro-vaccinators who think the covid vaccines worked perfectly
I doubt there was a majority with ‘blind faith.’
For instance I am pro vaccines generally but I certainly discussed and searched far and wide for info about the covid vaccines, including many scientist and medical friends, and I finally decided that the risk of having one was small against the risk of severe covid.
There was someone on this forum promising us that five months into 2021 our players would start dropping dead on the field in front of our eyes. This fed by the anti bax conspiracy theorists.
Indigenous communities in Australia were and are also targeted by these types which is a big concern too.

Think I probably have Covid at the moment. Going for a run at 5:30pm. Then maybe a beer or 2 afterwards.
Another ignorant post from someone who doesn’t understand the difference between an immune response to exposure from the virus (which can be mild) and the long term possible repercussions of the disease, which may not be so mild.
Enjoy your beer and run, make hay while the sun shines I say, you probably won’t be one of the unfortunate ones, so your gloating can continue.

Tested positive for Covid this morning. Had sniffles all day and mild fever. Ate some chilli and garlic noodles and now drinking bourbon to kill off what's left. No hint of the heart flutter that the last bout caused.

Probably go to work tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Through my own clinical practice I've seen my patients post covid vaccination experience myocarditis, pericarditis, transverse myelitis and Guillain Barre Syndrome and more. Whilst I also have patients who are going through long covid, the frequency of this (in my practice at least) pales in comparison to those who are presenting in my office vaccine injured.

This study of 99 million people connects some alarming dots.

Covid jabs have been linked to rare occurrences of heart, brain and blood disorders, a worrying study by researchers in Australia and New Zealand has revealed.

Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines were found to cause a slight spike in neurological, blood and heart-related medical conditions, according to the findings from the Global Vaccine Data Network.

Those who got a third AstraZeneca jab had a 6.9-fold increased risk of contracting another heart condition, pericarditis, the inflammation of the cardiac muscle, a statement from the University of Auckland said.

A first and fourth dose of Moderna’s Covid jab had a 1.7-fold increased risk of myocarditis and a 2.6-fold increased risk of pericarditis, respectively.

AstraZeneca’s viral-vector shots — which differs from the mRNA technology of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines — proved to have an increased risk of a type of blood clot in the brain.

Disturbingly, the study found people who received AstraZeneca’s jab had a 2.5 times greater risk of developing Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare neurological disorder in which the immune system attacks the nerves.

Possible safety signals for transverse myelitis, a spinal cord inflammation, were identified after patients received viral-vector vaccines.

Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, the inflammation and swelling in the brain and spinal cord, were also detected after both viral-vector and mRNA vaccines, the researchers found.

Through my own clinical practice I've seen my patients post covid vaccination experience myocarditis, pericarditis, transverse myelitis and Guillain Barre Syndrome and more. Whilst I also have patients who are going through long covid, the frequency of this (in my practice at least) pales in comparison to those who are presenting in my office vaccine injured.

You have to be careful where you spread that information

Here it is written in a less boneheaded way than Adelaide now's clickbaity crap.

Largest ever global study of COVID vaccines finds small but real link to neurological, blood, heart-related conditions

So, basically, the vaccines increase your risk of heart inflammation from very very very low to very very low.

Your anecdotal experience that these "vaccine injuries" occur more frequently than incidence of long covid doesn't seem to be reflected in statistics.

Of course, people who've been jabbed can get long covid anyway. But the incidence is significantly lower compared to being unvaxed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back