Past Player - Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: ND Pick # 10 - Patrick Dangerfield - Geelong Falcons

Patrick Dangerfield (BP, Centre) - 5 April 1990, 188cm 80kg. Vic Country/Geelong/Anglesea
"Weaver: Was on-fire early for Geelong in the backpocket where he beat all comers as a rampaging backpocket. Given the tough tagging tasks in the carnival so is perhaps under-exposed. Big-bodied centreman / onballers are rare and sought after and Dangerfield fits the profile. He is tough as teak and kicks the ball well. No Jordan Lewis (yet) but clubs after someone to fill that sort of ruck-rover role won't have too many options and Dangerfield will be close to the best of them.
"
"ant555: Patrick Dangerfield-188cm, 80kg-Geelong Falcons. Was played mainly as a tagger during the Champs and has played a bit of back pocket at times for Geelong. His is ok by foot and has a good build for a midfielder. Plays tough and doesn’t mind getting a hard ball.
"
"foj1: ""Rodney' is a bottom age tall midfielder/ defender with the athleticism that Essendon should be coveting. Recently participated in some fitness tests at VU as part of a group of players who missed testing at the start of the year.
He won the beep test and ran two sub 3 second 20 metres. Dangerfield is an AIS scholarship holder who toured South Africa and was a standout performer over there. His season starting off terrifically well playing mainly in the backline with occasional runs on the ball. His form has tapered but I put that down to fatigue- It has already been a long year!
Dangerfield can play both inside and outside of the contest, possesses good disposal and makes good decisions with the ball. He is also very good in the air which I like in my midfielders. He may begin his career a bit like Mark McVeigh and start in the backline but unlike McVeigh I expect him to quickly become a very good AFL onballer. I strongly considered Dangerfield with pick 20 and would be slightly surprised if he lasted this long come November.
"
user_offline.gif

Happy with our first pick. Boy do we need a bit of pace :thumbsu:

Geez, I bet half of the people that are crying in here are just going by his name and haven't even seen him play footy before.

Fast mid is what you needed really. Top 10 percent in the sprint. Averaged 7 disposals and 3 marks at the U18 champs.

Im shocked you overlooked Ebo but this kid sounds right up your alley.

Do I glean from the write ups on Rodney that there's a slight ? over his skills?

Apologies for overreaction, but I hope this doesnt come back to bite us on the arse

Good luck to the kid and welcome to the afc

SEN said he won't be playing footy next season?
Didn't catch the reason though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's going to saty in Victoria for another year why did we draft him? Did we know this before-hand surely we spoke to the kid before we drafted him. I can't believe we overlooked Ebert, I hope we've done the right thing.

Matt Rendell you are unbelievable. We miss out on Ebert for a kid who wont even BE at the Crows next season. I dont care about this kids name no matter how good it is, thats just another f*** up to add to the list. Usually we say good luck for next season, but Patrick, good luck for year 12. :mad::thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back