Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We used to know an English guy back in the 90s who used to have a bath every day instead of a shower. He said that it was normal there. I reckon he was just a bit off myself. We did a renovation a few years back and my wife got this huge bath in the middle of the room and it never gets used. It's so big it starts getting cold before it's filled enough to sit in. It would go alright with a pink gin and tonic otherwise. I'm planning an outdoor bath up in the bush though. I've looked at too many Instagram picture of impractical ideas.
A group photo of Gringo’s mates and acquaintances

52559A75-008B-42CA-A446-7CADA0F6FDAB.jpeg

Growing up in the UK most houses didn't have showers they had baths

House we are building has a free standing bath

Come at me and my Mr Matey bubble bath mofos

Well there you go, we thought he was a bit mental. Good luck with your bath that won't get used Mr Matey.

Well there you go, we thought he was a bit mental. Good luck with your bath that won't get used Mr Matey.
I remember Mr Matey! Back in the day, we had one bath a week, which seems quite disgusting now. Maybe there was a water shortage in the UK in the seventies matey.jpg

Inluencer 😱

11BFDC9B-3039-4352-BA0C-D696E0925549.gif

A46F941B-E14E-495B-A512-F4B85AA4FB4B.gif

Yep same here, always had baths as a kid and not showers. They were and maybe still are the norm in England.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I remember Mr Matey! Back in the day, we had one bath a week, which seems quite disgusting now. Maybe there was a water shortage in the UK in the seventies View attachment 1445197

I remember back in the 90s there was a show hosted by Jean Paul Gautier called Eurotrash and they had a segment with a tory politician saying that he cleaned himself with a wet rag and never took a bath as an attempt to excuse ****ing up being one of the highest rainfall countries on earth but having water shortage. It must have been a thing.

their asking for pick assistance too, **** me, going for 4th coach in 3 years, and watch the AFL bend over backwards. they made their mess let them clean it up like we had to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit to us though :tearsofjoy: Bloody legend.

181010-Slater-hero.jpg

Origin of the Species was so over hyped. Just head clashes and head shots and the commentators bust a nut about the greatest sport in the history of the multiverse.

Found it a poor game of RL, with little attacking flair. That no 13 for the Maroon neanderthals should be rubbed out for the rest of the season. Cheap shots from behind, head shots, what a filthy dog.

Harry McKay on 360 talking about how a few years ago he reached out to Nick to pick his brain

Hope Max does this

Listening to SEN this morning they were discussing the priority pick for North. I really can't see why you'd reward them. We have had to come and patch up the list with older players, state league players etc. We made our own bed but they should have to as well.

I think if anything the shit sides after 3 years of bottom 4 should get a soft cap exemption to get a good recruiter in and maybe access to a priority in the mid season or preseason draft like how GC got Sam Collins. Getting a 2nd round pick who will take 4 years of development and probably struggle in an uncompetitive environment seems dumb.

Listening to SEN this morning they were discussing the priority pick for North. I really can't see why you'd reward them. We have had to come and patch up the list with older players, state league players etc. We made our own bed but they should have to as well.

I think if anything the s**t sides after 3 years of bottom 4 should get a soft cap exemption to get a good recruiter in and maybe access to a priority in the mid season or preseason draft like how GC got Sam Collins. Getting a 2nd round pick who will take 4 years of development and probably struggle in an uncompetitive environment seems dumb.
At this point the AFL just need to take control of that club. Not much else will help.

It always seems like people think that the problem is the players they have , and not the players they can't get.

In 2016 North delisted DalSanto, Petrie, Harvey, Firrito, Farren Ray, Nahas, and a couple of others. Traded out Bastenac.
Simple Maths, 10 out. About 7 of them fairly decent.
Traded in Ahern and Hrovat, Drafted in Simpkin, Larkey Zurharr and some potatoes.
They paid nothing for those trades and got value for that amount. 3 keepers out of a normal draft is pretty normal.
So they now have a deficit of 3 players. But obviously will take time for them to do much.

2017, out go Hansen, Andrew Swallow and Lindsay Thomas and a couple of others. ( Wagner and Mullet listed by other teams ). Traded out Sam Gibson.
OK so by losing 6 players they must have expected a decent haul of 6 players in.
Unfortunately their jewell in the crown, Davies Uniake , is a spud and i've never heard of their second round choice. They had traded their 3rd on Hrovat.
That meant they had to make up numbers with a number of late picks. Credit , they got Xerri. Hartung not such and inspiration.
So they managed to get 2 players in ( counting Davies-Uniacke) . Lost 4 or so decent players. Deficit 2 . Deficit since 2016 5.

2018: Not enough players who can play, trade first rounder for Polec and Pittard. No loss with the Academy pick Thomas. They still delist 9, including Hartung, and Waite, and their 2016 2nd rounder.
They had a normal sort of draft , Thomas and a couple of other likely types. Lets call their deficit since 2016 4.

2019: Did some clever trades. downgrading their 3rd in exchange for a future 2nd from Essendon. Giving up their first ( Caleb Serong pick) for a 2nd and Melbournes future first.
Problem was , the future was the famous 2020 draft. Very unlucky.
Pick up delisted Josh Walker. Why?
Delisted 7 including Wright, and Thompson, and Hrovat.

2020: Traded Sean Higgins and Ben Brown to get Stephenson in.
Free agent Corr. Trade for Lachie Young. Whatever.
Don't know if Phillips will be any good, maybe on the Mackenzie time scale.
I don't know the other picks ( Highmore seemingly a great choice by us ).
We had to reduce list sizes , but 11 players seems a lot. How were they ever going to replace those?
I'm actually surprised they have any players on their list at the moment.

2021: Clever move on Hugh Greenwood, though he's a bit of a meat and taters player, would be more suited to a team like ours than carrying the load at North. They still found 8 players to delist Including Polec.

Jesus they churn through players.
They probably do need a priority pick, but they are still going to be a disaster.

Maybe we can offer to trade them Matthew Allison for their priority pick. They are probably stupid enough to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back