Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this picture, he was standing when the tackle was laid, now hes basically lying down.

He’s done exactly what the afl said would result in No free, arm up and dropping at the knees.
Unfortunately the poor bloke doesn’t know how to take a tackle anymore.
DAAD03ED-8998-42F0-A709-7CCED8335E51.jpeg

No. I'd be very happy for umpires to call play-on EVERY time a player throws their arm up in the air - Rowe included.
IMO he had the opportunity to let him go once he had made the initial tackle, but held on too long I thought. A bit like hanging on to someone too long in tackle once they have disposed of the ball.

This is what makes umpiring a difficult job.

At what point was this going to be a legal tackle? He's not even looking at the tackler, his arm is by his sides and he's about to get coathangered.
View attachment 1456174
You cant say by that photo it was going to go high, it could be the top of his shoulder. Plus he'd be aware he was about to be tackled. Have a look at the video, he standing upright and then hes lying on the ground. He was playing for it.

You cant say by that photo it was going to go high, it could be the top of his shoulder. Plus he'd be aware he was about to be tackled. Have a look at the video, he standing upright and then hes lying on the ground. He was playing for it.

I don’t even care if the free was there or not.

We’ve had to put up with this shit for 15 years. That’s how long this has been an epidemic.

Players who do this are so f*cking long overdue for some summary justice.

More of this please.

I was at the G yesterday for that Pies Dons game. Far out the atmosphere when Elliott kicked that goal was insane. Was up in the nosebleeds and you could literally feel the stand shaking underneath your feet.

Mind you, he launched a grenade from that pocket at the G on the Members side, Im surprised that whole stand didnt come down. It was some goal, I had so much money riding on that goal, lol.

Lets not forget, he took a clutch mark inside 50m from the last kick inside game time.

It is one of the all time great kicks for goal after the siren, from that distance and angle out.

I mean FFS we have potatoes who routinely miss set shots from 30m straight in front regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found this on the Main Board.

And No, I didnt set this up, I love Kenny at Port.

76142710-1b57-49e2-a0f5-1863dfce96fb-jpeg.1455753

I don’t even care if the free was there or not.

We’ve had to put up with this s**t for 15 years. That’s how long this has been an epidemic.

Players who do this are so f*cking long overdue for some summary justice.

More of this please.
Yep **** the cheats, Ginnivan literally ends up sliding with his knees on the ground from a standing position when he's first tackled.

He’s done exactly what the afl said would result in No free, arm up and dropping at the knees.
Unfortunately the poor bloke doesn’t know how to take a tackle anymore.
View attachment 1456124
You've picked a single frame that doesn't show that he was taken high well before he put his arm up. Does a player getting tackled just need to stand limp and allow himself to be tackled? Even more so when someone has their arm around your throat.

You've picked a single frame that doesn't show that he was taken high well before he put his arm up. Does a player getting tackled just need to stand limp and allow himself to be tackled? Even more so when someone has their arm around your throat.
He was already bending at the knees on impact and leans into the tackle, this is precisely what they clarified.

Mind you, he launched a grenade from that pocket at the G on the Members side, Im surprised that whole stand didnt come down. It was some goal, I had so much money riding on that goal, lol.

Lets not forget, he took a clutch mark inside 50m from the last kick inside game time.

It is one of the all time great kicks for goal after the siren, from that distance and angle out.

I mean FFS we have potatoes who routinely miss set shots from 30m straight in front regularly.
We talk about how bad the crows are at times but the bombers should never have lost that game. If we go in reverse :
  • Jake Kelly somehow gets beaten by his man and he makes no real attempt to spoil
  • 3rd man over the back fails to absolutely crunch the pack or spoil
  • Bianco on the wing by himself
  • Pendles plays on from the point with no immediate pressure
  • Bombers players fail to set up for a point, waiting to celebrate a goal

Was the most embarrassing defending I've seen this year

We talk about how bad the crows are at times but the bombers should never have lost that game. If we go in reverse :
  • Jake Kelly somehow gets beaten by his man and he makes no real attempt to spoil

Someone said it yesterday, (not sure how true it was) the first kick bypassed about 14 bombers.

I think you need to also acknowledge the fact that the Pies have trained in these scenarios many times in training, be it a few points up or down.

The coach and players interviewed after the game, all stressed this aspect in the interviews.

It wasnt just the Bombers poor effort in the last few minutes, but also the Pies ability to have composure and execute what they simulate at practice during training in matchday.

These H&A close wins of theres will hold them in good stead come finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back