• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who might be interested I've created a thread over at the Draft hub which allows BF draft fans to participate in creating a 'crowdsourced player power ranking'. You can read about it on that thread or go straight to the survey site here to cast your own votes towards a crowdsourced ranking.
Hope plenty of Crows fans can join in.
Update: have received a bit over 2600 votes in five hours on the BigFooty 2022 National Draft Crowdsourced Rankings! If you're a draft guru or an interested onlooker we'd love to have your input into this different approach to ranking the prospective draftees for 2022.

It's very simple - just go to Who is the better prospect for the 2022 AFL National Draft? and rank the player you think is better from each random pair that are shown...do it as many times as you like and see what player combos you get shown.

Here's a snapshot of the top 10 so far but you can see the full results here. Love to have you join in!

Note: the survey is about choosing which player you think is the better prospect so the scores you see below are the estimated chance (based on the BigFooty crowd responses) that a player will win (i.e. will be chosen) against any other randomly chosen player (from the pre-populated list of ~45 top prospects). For example, a score of 100 means the player is predicted to be selected every time and a score of 0 means the player is predicted to not be selected every time.

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 1.27.18 pm.png

Update: have received a bit over 2600 votes in five hours on the BigFooty 2022 National Draft Crowdsourced Rankings! If you're a draft guru or an interested onlooker we'd love to have your input into this different approach to ranking the prospective draftees for 2022.

It's very simple - just go to Who is the better prospect for the 2022 AFL National Draft? and rank the player you think is better from each random pair that are shown...do it as many times as you like and see what player combos you get shown.

Here's a snapshot of the top 10 so far but you can see the full results here. Love to have you join in!

Note: the survey is about choosing which player you think is the better prospect so the scores you see below are the estimated chance (based on the BigFooty crowd responses) that a player will win (i.e. will be chosen) against any other randomly chosen player (from the pre-populated list of ~45 top prospects). For example, a score of 100 means the player is predicted to be selected every time and a score of 0 means the player is predicted to not be selected every time.

View attachment 1456942
Something not working there if Sheezel is number one.

Something not working there if Sheezel is number one.
Why he's probably the most naturally gifted player in the draft.......but only if you're a Victorian club would you be confident he's a career player at your club.

Why he's probably the most naturally gifted player in the draft.......but only if you're a Victorian club would you be confident he's a career player at your club.
Might end up being decent trade back bait for a VIC team looking to poach him. I know a lot of people have made that connection with the Hawks, but I wouldn't put it past the Tigers either, especially if they keep sliding back down the ladder.

Phillipou falling right where our first pick will be. Suspect we'll fall to pick 4 overtaking GWS in the run home, then out to pick 5 if as expected Ashcroft nominates Brisbane. With our rebuild likely to take some time, best to go local.

If Ashcroft nominates Brisbane, will Norf make the same mistake they did with gifting Nick Daicos to the Pies, who only had to match pick 4 minus 20% so just 1600 points. Surely they'll make Brisbane pay pick 1 this time.

That would be 2400 points needed, got no idea how Brisbane find those points if they stay top 4, even with compo pick for McStay.

Might end up being decent trade back bait for a VIC team looking to poach him. I know a lot of people have made that connection with the Hawks, but I wouldn't put it past the Tigers either, especially if they keep sliding back down the ladder.
Any Victorian club won't have any fears selecting him I wouldn't think...interstate teams will be wary I think.

WCE would be very very brave.

Any Victorian club won't have any fears selecting him I wouldn't think...interstate teams will be wary I think.

WCE would be very very brave.
WCE have form in picking WA players, sliding back in the draft to where they know they'll be. They may contemplate that strategy this year to take the two best WA players rather than missing them both with the picks they hold and getting Vics who will have to suffer a rebuild.

Might be some clever pick trading this year, including during the draft, I hope we are part of it to turbo charge our rebuild.

Phillipou falling right where our first pick will be. Suspect we'll fall to pick 4 overtaking GWS in the run home, then out to pick 5 if as expected Ashcroft nominates Brisbane. With our rebuild likely to take some time, best to go local.

If Ashcroft nominates Brisbane, will Norf make the same mistake they did with gifting Nick Daicos to the Pies, who only had to match pick 4 minus 20% so just 1600 points. Surely they'll make Brisbane pay pick 1 this time.

That would be 2400 points needed, got no idea how Brisbane find those points if they stay top 4, even with compo pick for McStay.
Word is Deven Robertson ( 1 year to run on contact) and Tom Berry out of contract I think though footywire say 2024 have been touted as having AFL clubs interested with word they both may be seeking more opportunities elsewhere. Some points to be had there

Both are essentially midfielders, Tom Berry especially has been used as small /medium pressure forward whenever he's played AFL but continues to dominate in the VFL playing midfield. Unbelievably Tommy was used as the Lions medi-sub 8 times in 2021.

Wardlaw at 3 (if hes still on the board) seems a no brainer.

Wouldn't be too unhappy for Phillipou or Sheezel if Wardlaw gone.

Is there any possibility North take (Busslinger KPP) and WC take (Hewett local mid) ?

Wardlaw at 3 (if hes still on the board) seems a no brainer.

Wouldn't be too unhappy for Phillipou or Sheezel if Wardlaw gone.

Is there any possibility North take (Busslinger KPP) and WC take (Hewett local mid) ?
Get ready for the melts from the usual suspects if we take George Wardlaw or Jhye Clark...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get ready for the melts from the usual suspects if we take George Wardlaw or Jhye Clark...
nah… the melts will come when we use our first pick this year to trade a player in instead of taking it to the draft to pick the best midfielder available..

Because the club already believes its midfield is “stacked” as it is..

I see where you are coming from but personally I could not care less if he is seen as the best player in the draft and we got him at pick 3.

Edit - easy answer, we offset that with our 2nd and grab a Keeler or another of the talls and average out their heights
You're dreaming if you the usual suspects won't run the "short people" up the flagpole as usual. How does grabbing a tall forward or a tall defender average out the height of our midfield.

Not being a smart ass here but how many times have you seen George Wardlaw, Elijah Tsatas, Jhye Clark or Harry Sheezel play at any level?

You're dreaming if you the usual suspects won't run the "short people" up the flagpole as usual. How does grabbing a tall forward or a tall defender average out the height of our midfield.

Not being a smart ass here but how many times have you seen George Wardlaw, Elijah Tsatas, Jhye Clark or Harry Sheezel play at any level?
I have only read about wardlaw as he has been out of the champs injured but that he is still talked up by the draft scribes as being right up there says he must be pretty damn good. Tsatsas too and as an outside mid thats not too shabby on the inside with pace as edps and a few others have said screams big need for us I have only seen the players on the champs games this time round. Lets hope both wardlaw and tsatsas make appearances before seasons end so we can get a real close look at those 2 players one of which may well be in our colours next year

Also the pick a tall and average the height was a joke...surely you could see that

How many posters are complaining about Soligo? How many would be complaining now had we taken Serong over McAsey?

Its to do with the quality of the player and you know that. But you wont have a bad word to say about Hamish's recruiting so there is that.

And yes, you do need some balance in the midfield, you must acknowledge that at least.

I have only read about wardlaw as he has been out of the champs injured but that he is still talked up by the draft scribes as being right up there says he must be pretty damn good. Tsatsas too and as an outside mid thats not too shabby on the inside with pace as edps and a few others have said screams big need for us I have only seen the players on the champs games this time round. Lets hope both wardlaw and tsatsas make appearances before seasons end so we can get a real close look at those 2 players one of which may well be in our colours next year

Also the pick a tall and average the height was a joke...surely you could see that
Here ya go..#1 Oakleigh Chargers..

Keep an eye on #18 teammate KPD/interceptor Jed Rule

How many posters are complaining about Soligo? How many would be complaining now had we taken Serong over McAsey?

Its to do with the quality of the player and you know that. But you wont have a bad word to say about Hamish's recruiting so there is that.

And yes, you do need some balance in the midfield, you must acknowledge that at least.
I just want the best midfielder in the draft I don't care if he's 177cm (Lachie Neale) or 195cm (Patrick Cripps).

Mutineer ....thoughts on Barnett ?

I think he'd make a great KPD .....has the size, mobility, and aggressive game to succeed

Where do you think he goes in the Draft .....1st rnd ?
2nd round

I've seen Ed Pascoe and others with that view but I think he gets drafted essentially as a Ruckman IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back