Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of a big footy checklist of things in that article to be honest.

Mainly it's good to see us not flying completely under the radar, we need the blowtorch on us If anything is going to change.
I think its time the coaching duties were handed over to the bigfooty brisbane forum (ruling by a weekly rotating committee in the style of Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

I think its time the coaching duties were handed over to the bigfooty brisbane forum (ruling by a weekly rotating committee in the style of Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Although we only have one Lester.. How do we field a team of 22 of him.
Just a sec seen a movie about this

A little humour
Actually not mind if he was picked.. given so much to the club
1659574299276.png

The Fagan bashing is getting a bit out of hand now. He takes us from the wooden spooners to a regular top 4 side and now he's David Teague? Jeeze.
I think it is fair to question if he is the guy who can take us to a flag. However, he has been great for us and has been instrumental in not just our on field success but turning around the club culture and being seen as a destination club rather than a place where after you're drafted you look to get out ASAP.

Although we only have one Lester.. How do we field a team of 22 of him.
Just a sec seen a movie about this

A little humour
Actually not mind if he was picked.. given so much to the club
View attachment 1465517

A team of Lester's would make every oppo team a team of Simon Black's - things would appear to be moving in slow motion every time they had the ball

100% agree on Robinson and Lyons, love them both for what they’ve done but currently just aren’t doing it; we would definitely benefit from the drive of a young gun looking to prove themselves (ie prior, dev).

Gardiner I will say has looked better the last couple weeks, last minute of the Richmond game aside. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of finding form post long term injury, but with Payne looking the goods I think he’s on borrowed time too.

Less than a minute to go - and we were a point down - he had to play on, or they would have set up and we are no chance. If it came off he is a hero. It did not, but we were already behind anyhow. Darcy did the right thing - at the time I thought good thinking, bad luck.

Last edited:
Less than a minute to go - and we were a point down - he had to play on, or they would have set up and we are no chance. If it came off he is a hero. It did not, but we were already behind anyhow. Darcy did the right thing - at the time I thought good thinking, bad luck.
He was also a bit stiff not to get a 50 for the hold by the Tiger player after taking the mark

I agree he had to play on.
Its the 5 goals from a 5 gamer that is the concern. From the TV most of the time Gardiner and a lesser extent Answerth were marking him.

The most frustrating part about it all was that this is the type of error we should have been forcing Richmond into an hour earlier. Luke Hodge on SEN the other day echoed exactly what I was saying to mates at the ground as early as midway through the second quarter. I just struggle to get my head around if a pleb like me sitting in the outer in seeing it, how are the coaches not?

The most frustrating part about it all was that this is the type of error we should have been forcing Richmond into an hour earlier. Luke Hodge on SEN the other day echoed exactly what I was saying to mates at the ground as early as midway through the second quarter. I just struggle to get my head around if a pleb like me sitting in the outer in seeing it, how are the coaches not?
Probably because you can see it being at a level you can see the whole ground. Standing on the boundary gives you absolutely no benefit whatsoever. If Fagan wants the assistants to make the moves as they are the only ones that can see, well, you know what.

Probably because you can see it being at a level you can see the whole ground. Standing on the boundary gives you absolutely no benefit whatsoever. If Fagan wants the assistants to make the moves as they are the only ones that can see, well, you know what.
Yeah this is another thing isn't it. But even the assistant coaches, they are perhaps preoccupied with their specific parts of the ground. What about the footy manager? What's his role on game day? Not trying to troll here, simply keen to understand how the pieces fit together etc.

Bit of a big footy checklist of things in that article to be honest.

Mainly it's good to see us not flying completely under the radar, we need the blowtorch on us If anything is going to change.
Is bigfooty considered social media b/c when i listen to the roar deal, they often refer to the Lions fans on social media and to me alot of what the refer to sounds like a lot of the stuff on bigfooty moreso than alot of what i read on FB which doesnt go into the detail like the discsions on bigfooty which are far greater talking points than FB if that makes sense. Just a thought lol

Is bigfooty considered social media b/c when i listen to the roar deal, they often refer to the Lions fans on social media and to me alot of what the refer to sounds like a lot of the stuff on bigfooty moreso than alot of what i read on FB which doesnt go into the detail like the discsions on bigfooty which are far greater talking points than FB if that makes sense. Just a thought lol
Yes.

I think Fish has a secret account on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Gunston is an UFA at the end of the year, 5 years younger than Buddy and plays to a good level at both ends of the ground.

The Fagan bashing is getting a bit out of hand now. He takes us from the wooden spooners to a regular top 4 side and now he's David Teague? Jeeze.
I think Bill Stephen would be a more apt comparison.

I have a proven and winning record with the U10’s. Happy to put myself forward.

A team of Lester's would make every oppo team a team of Simon Black's - things would appear to be moving in slow motion every time they had the ball
I wanted to like this post because you mentioned Ryan Lester, but then I thought I would love it, because you have rightly identified that Lester is a great running footballer with a massive tank.

I was right behind him watching it - there was no excuse to miss that kick- terrible skills. It wasnt bad luck - he kicked it too low and too soft

I was right behind him watching it - there was no excuse to miss that kick- terrible skills. It wasnt bad luck - he kicked it too low and too soft

So, you have run a half marathon, whist being physically bashed about the whole game, and the leg is not quite perfect in the last minute? Bit of luck if Fages picks you instead of Darcy next week. Like I said right idea, bad luck.

He did got done for HTB anyway, so your view on the result is irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back