Opinion New AFC HQ: We're on like Donkey Kong!

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer Thebby to Brompton. Just so long as they can get rid of the other tenants.
The main carrot at Brompton was ownership of the land. Great investment for our clubs future.

Agree, need to sort out the SANFL co existing at Thebby if we are to go there. Other than that as good a place as anywhere.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Graeme Goodings on 5AA this morning:

Govt has the report and we’ve heard nothing. When we asked Mal he said he’d let us know when he has something to say.

Even then it looks like it would go to tender and that’s another 6-9 months process.

Thebby has lots of appeal and they are still progressing down that path. Bigger, talk of AO and MCG sized ovals. I don’t know enough about the site but I didn’t think it was bigger enough for this?

But it looks like Thebby
Mal got the report and didn't like it.

RSA asked to recheck it?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

RE: the area the what looks like units or housing to the left are not part of it.
All the AFLW will be played there once completed

As someone who lives in Brisbane, I would rather put a bullet in my eye than commute to Springfield every day.

Not sure if players would want to live anywhere near there, and not sure that the commute will be attractive for them.

I think with Thebarton, expect more than we thought on previous pages maybe.

I don't think it will be a simple realign the oval, keep the old stands stuff we were talking about, the whole thing would surely go?

Richmond are or are planning to demolish their Punt Road, Jack Dyer Stand built in 1914... If they can do that, we're not going to be concerned about preserving the heritage of something that is of no relevance to us.

If they want us, we'd push our weight around and get what we want. Bowls? Move it, community centre, gone (or incorporated for funding)

If we're going to keep up or improve on the other developments in planning or under construction around the competition I'd expect something pretty impressive on the site.
The bowls is being moved as part of the South Rd Development as is the Community Centre. However, there will be a huge (gymnasium type size) thing built over where the bowling greens currently are which is required to filter air from the tunnels.

The Thebarton Oval complex itself wouldn’t be big enough for two ovals, but Kings Reserve would comfortably fit an extra two footy ovals, or a footy oval plus soccer ovals and still have some room for the landscaped area. Kings Reserve isn’t available until after South Rd is finished though, as it’s being used for storing machinery/dumping earth from the tunnels project.

As someone who lives in Brisbane, I would rather put a bullet in my eye than commute to Springfield every day.

Not sure if players would want to live anywhere near there, and not sure that the commute will be attractive for them.
Not live there....Well they can walk from Ash Bartys place, that Brookwater golf estate is very exclusive. The commute will be an issue until they sort out the centenary hwy single lane congestion issue, right up there with southern expressway one way.

On ASUS_I003D using BigFooty.com mobile app

More for background

More for background
The obsession with car parking in the city is bizarre. Greg Griffin campaigning against the Bikeway because nobody will come to a law office unless they can park right out the front? Only 30 lanes to get into the city? How would they survive?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

More for background
From an ACC perspective - Are they ****ing morons (Dont answer that, rhetorical, I already knew the answer) - Your residents live inside the city. It'd be a greater affect for those living outside, and who cares about their vote for ACC elections. Bring in the tourists, bring in the economic improvement.

From a 70% of Adelaide perspective - Who gives a ****. Doesn't affect me

From the 30% of Adelaides population that lives in the East/North-East - Thank ** they didn't shut Rundle Road and turn it into a festival space. 80% of the year, I (Someone that lives in the East) couldn't give a **. For 15% of the year, I'll tolerate it. But for 5% of the year, you'd be a ****ing moron to eliminate Rundle Rd completely. There's 8 lanes (each way) servicing the Eastern/North-Eastern suburbs. Every road closed eliminates 25% of traffic flow. We can close 1 without a major issue. But closing 2 puts a serious strain on infrastructure. But to eliminate another one outright altogether? It screws over too many people. If politicians had a brain, one would expect the roles to be reversed, you'd expect the ACC to try and shut it for the park space, and the state government look at the bigger picture and demand it remains to allow Eastern-siders into the town. Weird how it's the other way here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The chosen developer, MAB Corporation, is being put up for sale. I wonder whether they would be wanting to back out of the deal themselves.

Victorian property identities Michael and Andrew Buxton are testing buyer interest in their 26-year-old property development group, MAB Corporation, fuelling expectations of a potential sale worth more than $1 billion.

It is understood the Buxtons have had Rothschild & Co’s investment bankers quietly approaching rival property groups and cashed-up investment managers, ahead of a formal two-stage process that could get under way as soon as next month.
Did anyone listen to the Triple M rumor mill on Friday?

Ditts said MAB is now sold and has pulled out of Crompton and now Crows are back in the box seat.

They usually have a pretty good hit rate and also always the thought that Roo has planted it as well (he stayed quiet).

Or could be a negotiation tactic on Thebarton.

The Crompton review was finished and with Mali now. There were rumours Thebby was signed off and we held off on announcing to let the camp stuff blow over.

Wonder if we’ll hear more this week.

Brisbane are talking about playing their games out there during the redevelopment phase of the Gabba for the Olympics. And Springfield is a nice area. It's just so damned far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back