News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just how *n selfish can you get though?..

hassling him and working on him pushing a “we want you to stay and play with/for us for $200k less a year just because it benefits us…”

I‘d be *ing embarrassed to even consider forcing that kind of pressure on the kid..

they should leave the lad alone to make the best decision for him, his family and his future.

they are basically asking him to forgo nearly a million dollars for their own selfish wants…
Touk miller comes across as a bit of a tosser.

hassling him and working on him pushing a “we want you to stay and play with/for us for $200k less a year just because it benefits us…”

I‘d be *ing embarrassed to even consider forcing that kind of pressure on the kid..

they should leave the lad alone to make the best decision for him, his family and his future.

they are basically asking him to forgo nearly a million dollars for their own selfish wants…
I’d be pissed if we weren’t doing the same if it was one of our players. Remember when Lever wanted to leave?

All departing players need to stay strong once their decision has been made. I would hope that the money would be a minor part about why Rankine wants to come to the club. What I liked about Dawson was that he genuinely wanted to play for the crows. The money was fairly similar to the swans I believe.

Last edited:
I’d be pissed if we weren’t doing the same if it was one of our players. Remember when Lever wanted to leave?
yeah, I remember when Lever wanted out..

the crows said nothing to the media about any of it.. they kept it private and in house.. they didnt have players fronting up to the media saying shit like Miller has about how they are gonna go around Rankine’s place and hassle him to stay..

and the media pretty much 100% backed allowing lever to go home… they were all aboard..

yeah, I remember when Lever wanted out..

the crows said nothing to the media about any of it.. they kept it private and in house.. they didnt have players fronting up to the media saying s**t like Miller has about how they are gonna go around Rankine’s place and hassle him to stay..

and the media pretty much 100% backed allowing lever to go home… they were all aboard..
Serious? Can’t recall Tex’s comments?

Well yeah it is, we’ve targeted him with a big deal which means we want him badly. If we don’t get him then that’s a big letdown and problem. Also what message does that send to future recruits? That we won’t follow through to get the deal done?

Having said that we will do a deal, we might have to pay more than we want to but we will. This year or next years first plus a sweetener.

This is just rinse and repeat rubbish from the media. Happens every year with any high profile trade - and particularly with us

Not worth a moment of thought

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious? Can’t recall Tex’s comments?
i remember Tex walking into the club and demanding that his salary was reduced in order to free up salary cap space that could be used to offer some of the younger players like lever and mcgovern more coin..

dont remember Tex fronting the media saying he was gonna be going around levers place and hassling him to stay though..

i remember Tex walking into the club and demanding that his salary was reduced in order to free up salary cap space that could be used to offer some of the younger players like lever and mcgovern more coin..

dont remember Tex fronting the media saying he was gonna be going around levers place and hassling him to stay though..
You can’t remember the heat Tex was putting on Lever “stay for success” and all the crap that went with it? We apparently ostracised Lever, we aren’t in a position to whinge about a club trying to keep a player.

Really surprised anyone has a problem with this. If Rachelle was leaving I hope like hell our leaders would try and talk him around, wouldn’t you?

The media fronted up to Tex about his phone calls to Jake. Come on, you are being beyond one-eyed on this.

I just saw some numpty on Facebook post the following

"Pick 5 or 6 won't get it done so you either pay up or Gold Coast will happily send him to West Coast for nothing"

Does anyone honestly think that any list manager in the league would actually knock back a Top 5 pick in favour of sending a player to a rival club for nothing?

Surely people really aren't that dense.

Still in the anger/irrational part of the grief cycle. We have been there before too

Of course they will take it, they would be absolute idiots not to.

Ultimately I suspect the deal will get done for 5 and possibly some future pick swaps, we wouldn't have chased Rankine unless we were fully prepared to give up our first rounder this year.

The club said as much early in the year. Finished with the draft and now trying to trade in for needs/experience/class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back