Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My two idiot Golden Retrievers just stole and ate 2 large racks of lamb from my kitchen bench that were left out to get to room temperature.

There goes $30!

Little campaigners. I couldn’t even punish them because we didn’t discover it for 10 minutes.

No such thing as bad dogs, only bad owners. Do you think that one snagged both?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There’s a fair chance the younger female one did and I’m certain that she’s the one who got her paws up on the bench and worked out how to drag the tray off.

She’s an evil genius.

The older male one is too stupid to work it out but could have joined in the feast when the score hit the deck.

There’s a fair chance the younger female one did and I’m certain that she’s the one who got her paws up on the bench and worked out how to drag the tray off.

She’s an evil genius.

The older male one is too stupid to work it out but could have joined in the feast when the score hit the deck.
My dog once dug up and chewed a hole in a copper water pipe. Flooding the front yard in the process.

She’s an evil genius.

I know it’s a waste of good lamb but I love it when dogs commit their version of white collar crime by outsmarting their owners.

In other news, Stonnington Council have seen fit to replace my Green Waste bin with a Green Waste and Food Waste bin. You can only put unpackaged food waste in there. To do that I would need to take the food waste past my golden retriever who is a far better food scrap recycler.

What sort of a dickhead would chuck unwrapped fish leftovers in their bin?
IMG_6565.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it’s a waste of good lamb but I love it when dogs commit their version of white collar crime by outsmarting their owners.

In other news, Stonnington Council have seen fit to replace my Green Waste bin with a Green Waste and Food Waste bin. You can only put unpackaged food waste in there. To do that I would need to take the food waste past my golden retriever who is a far better food scrap recycler.

View attachment 1495821

You’d be surprised. I’m in the middle of helping my apartment building to move to a better recycling system. I’ve been gobsmacked by the resistance and ignorance, albeit the building has an (ahem) older demographic.😳

I’ve also heard some shocking stories about what people throw down the building’s rubbish chute. Microwaves. Printers. Personal papers with LOTS of private details.

View attachment 1495821

Boroondara council call it a FOGO bin. They gave us a small bin for the kitchen with some compostable bin-liners.

You’d be surprised. I’m in the middle of helping my apartment building to move to a better recycling system. I’ve been gobsmacked by the resistance and ignorance, albeit the building has an (ahem) older demographic.😳

I’ve also heard some shocking stories about what people throw down the building’s rubbish chute. Microwaves. Printers. Personal papers with LOTS of private details.
Our recycle chute is forever being blocked by boxes which people have not bothered to tear into strips. The blockages usually occur on holidays after a night's merriment. The carboard box that contained slabs fits rather securely into the sides of the chute, and is very often the culprit when the chute is blocked. Staff usually manage to unblock it, though the contents can require softening up with water poured from above.

The call out fee to have it unblocked was $400 a year ago, rising to $800 on Sundays and $1000 on public holidays. CCTV cameras can determine the culprit and a breach notice along with the unblockage invoice can be issued. The next step is to try and get the renter (it's always them as they have no financial skin in the game, hence don't care) to pay the the bill.

Our recycle chute is forever being blocked by boxes which people have not bothered to tear into strips. The blockages usually occur on holidays after a night's merriment. The carboard box that contained slabs fits rather securely into the sides of the chute, and is very often the culprit when the chute is blocked. Staff usually manage to unblock it, though the contents can require softening up with water poured from above.

The call out fee to have it unblocked was $400 a year ago, rising to $800 on Sundays and $1000 on public holidays. CCTV cameras can determine the culprit and a breach notice along with the unblockage invoice can be issued. The next step is to try and get the renter (it's always them as they have no financial skin in the game, hence don't care) to pay the the bill.
As a kid I remember discovering the wonderment of a high rise rubbish chute whilst on holiday in Surfers. I chucked an awful lot of crap down there.

There are far too many who have followed your example.
Karma appears to have punished me - in the form of living with 3 adult females who buy an awful lot of online packages as well as a decent amount of alcohol.

They appear to live happily in the belief that cardboard boxes magically fall apart once placed whole into the recycling bin and that as long as you can push down the contents of the kitchen bin, you can shove more stuff in it.

Karma appears to have punished me - in the form of living with 3 adult females who buy an awful lot of online packages as well as a decent amount of alcohol.

They appear to live happily in the belief that cardboard boxes magically fall apart once placed whole into the recycling bin and that as long as you can push down the contents of the kitchen bin, you can shove more stuff in it.
Could you send them to Boroondara as rubbish refugees?

They sound like decent people. In my last apartment block, sans chute, if the box was too big for the bin, it was simply stacked behind it for some other poor bugger to tear apart.

They sound like decent people. In my last apartment block, sans chute, if the box was too big for the bin, it was simply stacked behind it for some other poor bugger to tear apart.
I get that in my office building. The caretaker and I have become friends due to him witnessing my observance of proper bin etiquette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back