Peggy O'Neal A Memorable Farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

As they say, all good things must come to and end .So it saddens me to hear that Peggy will no longer be club President by seasons end, but taking up a new role with the Commonwealth Games of Victoria

She was appointed to the club during a very difficult period. Starved of success, with huge challenges on and off the field she has been nothing short of inspirational. She has also conducted herself with the utmost professionalism and a wonderful role model for aspiring women everywhere

We have been fortunate to have had her for the last nine years so its with mixed feelings I wish her well in the next faze of her professional and personal life

So thank you Peggy for all of the tireless years of reshaping and restoring our club to its glory years.

We will miss you

We have been truly blessed as a club to have 2 great leaders at the same time in Peggy and Benny. I've always said that you need to get the off-field stuff sorted out, and the on-field success will follow. Never truer than their time at the helm of the mighty Tigers.
Peggy has been a fantastic President, never one to hog the spotlight, and be outspoken. A class act.
We owe Peggy so much.

Last edited:

I got the chance to introduce my daughter to her, earlier in the day before the Geelong Prelim final. I remember being quite emotional. She and Benny and Dimma rebuilt the club I love. We all owe her a huge debt of gratitude and that's what I told my daughter. Sometimes the people you need the most don't look or sound how you expect.

Thank you Peggy. A Richmond legend.

Just hope someone half as good takes over, she’s one of a kind
succession is tricky.....
I can remember our long, unsettled years. ..and do not want to return to tnem. How do we get a Prez? does the Board appoint someone?
another Woman would be good. Are we going to have an EFC-like power struggle at Board level?
It seems like coterie groups have some power ar W/Hill. Dunno about Punt Road..
Maybe the illuminatin will do its work via Henrietta Rothschild?

I got the chance to introduce my daughter to her, earlier in the day before the Geelong Prelim final. I remember being quite emotional. She and Benny and Dimma rebuilt the club I love. We all owe her a huge debt of gratitude and that's what I told my daughter. Sometimes the people you need the most don't look or sound how you expect.

Thank you Peggy. A Richmond legend.
She used to go to VFL games (finals?) at a ground in Port Melbourne and sit in the stands with the plebs. Tiges scarf on. Used to see Benny at Gold Coast games too ~ easy to spot and quick congrats.......5,000 people and no cavernous grandstands like the G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Peggy O'Neal A Memorable Farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back