List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our list was not terrible, The club had endured 30 years of hell, was down trodden, it had Grimes, Cotch, Rance ,JR, Edwards etc..

We picked up Martin, Astbury and Grimes in 2009

How is getting to finals in 2013 a acheivement? It is about winning premierships
Our list was terrible. We turned over 38 players in Dimma’s first three years (with compromised drafts because of the new clubs). That alone speaks for itself. It’s basically a full ground up rebuild - and honestly has never received the credit it deserves. Making finals in 2013 was a huge achievement and deserves more respect. Whenever people talk rebuild as a pathway for clubs I’m just amazed the Tiges aren’t the first thing people allude to.

Our list was terrible. We turned over 38 players in Dimma’s first three years (with compromised drafts because of the new clubs). That alone speaks for itself. It’s basically a full ground up rebuild - and honestly has never received the credit it deserves. Making finals in 2013 was a huge achievement and deserves more respect. Whenever people talk rebuild as a pathway for clubs I’m just amazed the Tiges aren’t the first thing people allude to.

Some of it was crap.

Mosts lists are.

We brought in some crap to, don't worry about that, when Dimma was coach

Do you want me to go through them??

When Matty Clarke came in it improved things

The others astounding thing is Richmond did it in the middle of compromised drafts. Damian Barrett wrote an article saying Richmond needed draft concessions as we had no chance of rebuilding. We were 0-9 and being compared to Fitzroy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some of it was crap.

Mosts lists are.

We brought in some crap to, don't worry about that, when Dimma was coach

Do you want me to go through them??

When Matty Clarke came in it improved things

That recruiting drive was a ridiculous success the second that siren sounded in September 2017 against Tex’s power rangers…

We won two more after that.. It’s genuinely concerning that anything with a functioning brain cell could be negative about it AT ALL.

Nostradamus predicts Hopper and Taranto come we win 2023 flag. Riewoldt, Cotchin, Tarrant retire on top. Harry McKay chooses Tigers as FA 2023. Media loses their sh1t. We win 2024, 2025, older players like Dusty, Grimes retire. We tank for 1 year load up at draft. Spring back up. Noah Anderson, Tom Green hit FA come to Punt Rd. Before 2030 we win our 20th Flag despite all the rule changes and fact we get even less frees for and more against. The Norm Smith is renamed the Dusty. Richmond now have 200,000 fans and New AFL CEO Benny Gale who rescinded the equalisation measures means the Tigers buy the MCG outright and as landlords bleed all other teams dry for the privilege of playing on our ground. 2050 AFL collapses due to lack of interest as Tigers have now won 40th Flag with a team made up entirely of kids who are half Dustin Martin half leggy Vegas showgirls who are all built like Richo and completely unstoppable. Benny commisions the bloke who made that Brazillian statue of Jesus to do same but with Dusty's head and covered in Tatts, places at Gate 2 forcing all opposition to walk under the 8th wonder of the modern world..... Man I'm bored at work. Hurry up trade week 😂😂

images - 2022-09-10T165729.367.jpeg download (19).jpeg

That recruiting drive was a ridiculous success the second that siren sounded in September 2017 against Tex’s power rangers…

We won two more after that.. It’s genuinely concerning that anything with a functioning brain cell could be negative about it AT ALL.

The recruiting drive was before Hardwick for a lot of it.

Remember Nason and Arnott as well as others?

I forgot about that! Great point …. 13th placed Tigers, who hadn’t won a final for 15-years and had won 2 finals in the last 35-years …. lose one of their best players who was still only 29yo to an expansion team who just came off a 2-point PF loss ….

Where was the melting about equalisation and fairness then?

I know a bunch of Tigers on BF ring SEN regularly … I hope to hear this great point about Deledio next week … please !!

Chris from Camberwell?
Paul from ringwood?
Hahaha
There are some beauties
Whos the chick umpire who rings dwayne all the time? (It's not about me dwayne, I'm hoping it's better for others)

Next call hi dwayne remember me I'm the 1 who called about the umpire abuse. I this and I that

Dwayne tried to interrupt

But I and only I

Hahahaha
****ing shocking

Me me me

Would anyone begrudge Grimes if Brisbane approached us and offered their pick 13 for him on a 3 year deal, and he wanted to go?

He is currently contracted until the end of 2023.
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

The others astounding thing is Richmond did it in the middle of compromised drafts. Damian Barrett wrote an article saying Richmond needed draft concessions as we had no chance of rebuilding. We were 0-9 and being compared to Fitzroy.

Wish I had that article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Richmond related but apparently Carlton are shopping around Z Williams and willing to pay a chunk of his salary.

Just goes to show they know they stuffed that deal on an average player and have a cap issue now.

Not surprising; they’ve got some major players out of contract next season who will demand money: Curnow who they’ve now paid, McKay who will want the same or better, Silvgani who is now important, Pittonet who is their best ruck, Motlop who is possibly their best small forward, Nic Newman who is important and De Koning who is their best prospect.

They’ve consistently brought in players around that $700k a year, McGovern, Jack Martin, Adam Saad, Zac Williams, Adam Cerra) and apparently into Blake Acres this year.

A contract crunch is set to happen I suspect. Shopping Williams (contract ends in 2025 I think) and not making a call on Setterfield and delisting Stocker seem to be the early impacts of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the Netflix series ‘untold’ …. there is an episode highlighting how one of the referees was betting on games he was refereeing…. the episode highlights how referees talk behind the scenes about coaches they like, different calls they make based on team/player, and biases they have.

If you ever wondered why we are on the receiving end of free kick discrepancy then this Netflix show opened my eyes immediately. Given Balme slammed the umpires end of 2016 and Dimma has had his share of run ins it’s obvious why we get screwed.
Yeah, I was thinking the very same thing while watching it Noid. Human psychology definitely makes allowance for an unconscious (or even conscious with the right incentive, as spelled out in the show) mechanism which could lead a group of administrators and/or referees to conspire. The verbal drubbing handed out by Balmey could easily provide such a pretext ... and there's no way the umps don't engage in the footy media either, so the rubber-gloving we cop there wouldn't help our cause. The footy public make it very easy for them to punish us - it plays into their narrative.

The funny thing is reading the conspiracy theories of non-Vic clubs detailing how the AFL is a corrupt organisation with a clear mission to protect the Victorian-based clubs at the expense of the non-Vic, who then on the other hand outrightly deny and scoff at any suggestion that there could also be another targetted agenda against a club within that organisation :tearsofjoy:

Mr Magic,I'm a 42 year tiger member and tigers first win in season 2010 was round 10 with tigers loosing 13 AFL games in a row from 2009 until 2010 round 9,
Headlines were ,IS this the AFLs worst ever side.
How are they going to rebuild with 2 new sides coming taking their picks. Screenshot_20220910-174535_AFL.jpg Screenshot_20220910-174419_AFL.jpg this Screenshot_20220910-175243_Google.jpg this above is round 9,2010,our 13th straight loss.

Nostradamus predicts Hopper and Taranto come we win 2023 flag. Riewoldt, Cotchin, Tarrant retire on top. Harry McKay chooses Tigers as FA 2023. Media loses their sh1t. We win 2024, 2025, older players like Dusty, Grimes retire. We tank for 1 year load up at draft. Spring back up. Noah Anderson, Tom Green hit FA come to Punt Rd. Before 2030 we win our 20th Flag despite all the rule changes and fact we get even less frees for and more against. The Norm Smith is renamed the Dusty. Richmond now have 200,000 fans and New AFL CEO Benny Gale who rescinded the equalisation measures means the Tigers buy the MCG outright and as landlords bleed all other teams dry for the privilege of playing on our ground. 2050 AFL collapses due to lack of interest as Tigers have now won 40th Flag with a team made up entirely of kids who are half Dustin Martin half leggy Vegas showgirls who are all built like Richo and completely unstoppable. Benny commisions the bloke who made that Brazillian statue of Jesus to do same but with Dusty's head and covered in Tatts, places at Gate 2 forcing all opposition to walk under the 8th wonder of the modern world..... Man I'm bored at work. Hurry up trade week 😂😂

View attachment 1504807View attachment 1504808
I Am Not Okay With This Wyatt Oleff GIF by NETFLIX
frustrated oh my god GIF by Four More Shots Please

Another article lol. Everyone is so pressed.

Why are they complaining?
If they hate Richmond so much, and we all know they do
They should be happy that we are signing them for 7 years if it’s such a big mistake?

Then they can laugh at us when it fails right?

They truly are ****en morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back