List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Anyone else think Sydney's youth have a lot of similarities to ourselves?
I kind of hope that some of our players turn out like some Sydney players.
Fin Macrae = James Rowebottom
Harvey Harrison = Chad Warner
Nick Daicos = Callum Mills
Arlo Draper = Ollie Florent

Also Bianco hopefully becomes similar to Sidebottom, Reef becomes similar to Crisp, Carmichael becomes similar to DeGoey will hopefully be pushing for best 22.

I know this is best case scenario, just a thought.
If Harrison turns in to Chad Warner we are doing well!

Surely nobody here can still be hanging on to any hope that we’re gonna get a good outcome from the Grundy trade? It really IS Treloar all over again.

It is very clearly a forced sale (salary dump) and the only buyer knows it. And that only buyer hasn’t seen Grundy play since ANZAC Day, before he suffered season-ending PCL and stress fracture injuries, so will be wanting a heavy discount for taking on that injury/mobility/form risk.

Referring to Grundy as an All Australian etc and expecting that to support a strong trade price is also fantasy-land.

Keeping him isn’t an option either. We need the money to pay others to whom commitments have been made, Whilst Grundy is no doubt angry about being forced out the door and will now not want to stay - and certainly not on lower money.

It’s an unholy mess but hopefully this is the final painful act in fixing our previous list management incompetence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m pretty sure he slept with [mention]Gone Critical [/mention]’s wife, so he knows who he is.

Also got into a punch up with a team mate on the training track after joining the Crows iirc.

Solid form in the SANFL, but it's a pretty bog average competition really when it comes to forward lines so not hard for an AFL squad member to excel.

Had a couple of ok games at AFL earlier this season but couldn't hold his spot in a weak Crows lineup after that.

Surely nobody here can still be hanging on to any hope that we’re gonna get a good outcome from the Grundy trade? It really IS Treloar all over again.

It is very clearly a forced sale (salary dump) and the only buyer knows it. And that only buyer hasn’t seen Grundy play since ANZAC Day, before he suffered season-ending PCL and stress fracture injuries, so will be wanting a heavy discount for taking on that injury/mobility/form risk.

Referring to Grundy as an All Australian etc and expecting that to support a strong trade price is also fantasy-land.

Keeping him isn’t an option either. We need the money to pay others to whom commitments have been made, Whilst Grundy is no doubt angry about being forced out the door and will now not want to stay - and certainly not on lower money.

It’s an unholy mess but hopefully this is the final painful act in fixing our previous list management incompetence.

Agree.

He’s 28, hasn’t played his peak footy in years…and that contract is huge.

I’m thinking we will get Demons pick 32 at best…

And despite the tantrums on here, we’ll just have to lump it.

The Treloar dump WAS a good outcome. Painful, incompetently handled , but definitely the right decision.

Treloar most was a salary dump because his contract was heavily backloaded….and as a consequence we mostly had to subsidise the Dogs for what we owed him. Grundys case is different. The new regime can’t justify his contract and thinks we need to invest in other players/positions.

They could have let him leave. It's 100% on the club, if you were offered 900k to play for the club you love you would say no?

Sent from my RMX3201 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He squeezed every last possible cent out of the club for a ridiculous 7 years under the pretence of going back to SA
Had no interest in going home just bent the club over

Collingwood will make a last-ditch bid to keep flying forward Ollie Henry as he weighs up a move to join Geelong’s back-to-back premiership tilt.
The Magpies do not want to lose the talented goal kicker despite moves to land Brisbane free agent Dan McStay and GWS speedster Bobby Hill.

Henry, 20, played 15 games this year after 10 last season and is considering trying to make a move to join his brother Jack at Geelong next year.

Henry celebrated his brother’s role in the premiership win over Sydney Swans on Saturday but is yet to formally submit a trade request to Geelong with Collingwood

At 186cm, Henry has drawn comparisons to Geelong great Steve Johnson for his natural forward craft although Henry is still considered a developing prospect.

Henry is out of contract and has so far baulked at attempts from the Magpies to secure an extension from him beyond this season.

Collingwood is adamant there is a bright future for him in black and white as it looks to continue its remarkable rise under Craig McRae in 2023.

The club has told the second-year forward it wants to re-sign him and play him in the senior side next year despite plans to nab McStay and Hill as well.

However, Henry remains tight with his Geelong-based family and has attracted strong interest from the Cats.

He squeezed every last possible cent out of the club for a ridiculous 7 years under the pretence of going back to SA
Had no interest in going home just bent the club over
And the only time I saw him asked about that on camera, he pretended to not understand the question.

Anyway, it will be over soon enough.

The sooner the better at this point, and I would hope McCrae handles it better than Buckley did the Treloar fiasco.

His worried about us getting mcstay who wont even play in the forward line and Hill.
His not worried about getting in a forward line with Cameron Hawkins and Stenglein.
Common Henry give me a break!
It’s laughable isn’t it? Lol like whoever is advising this kid ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s laughable isn’t it? Lol like whoever is advising this kid ..
He just wants to go to Geelong to be with his brother. Perhaps he will then regain the power of speech which he seemed to lose at Collingwood. Unfortunately he seems a very shy guy and probably needs his brother's close presence to feel confident enough to make friends and engage others in conversation. He just wants to go and nothing we can say is likely to change his mind. So lets send him to the PSD and hope he ends up in WA or somewhere far away from Geelong.

he is set to meet his manager this week to make a call, so we'll know soon.
Unfortunately l think we already know what it is, be surprise and happy if he stays

And the only time I saw him asked about that on camera, he pretended to not understand the question.

Anyway, it will be over soon enough.

The sooner the better at this point, and I would hope McCrae handles it better than Buckley did the Treloar fiasco.

Oh I've always suspected this was mostly on Grundy personally.

In addition to Ned Guy's incompetence.

But I refuse to believe Grundy and his management didn't take full advantage of Guy's incompetence as a former player Manager out of his depth as a list Manager.

If Grundy truly wanted to stay, I'm sure they could have worked something out by now

• Pendles, Sidebottom, Howe, Mihocek, Cox will all be retiring over the next 2/3 season
  • By that time, the new CBA will be in where we have more cap space
  • Grundy will be eligible for the Verterans list (is that still a thing?) in the next 2 years

If they couldn't work something out with him to redo his contract without him taking too much of a financial hit? Then he doesn't really wanna still be at the club

They haven’t got anything to trade is my guess. Just hope he doesn’t ask for a trade in another 2 bloody years if he stays
I reckon if we can get him to stay now. He won't leave at all. He'll cement his place in our side way before then.

I was hoping for a really good trade period but I think it’s gonna be another treloar smear campaign with grundy

Make us look like a bunch of c**ts again

Interesting few weeks I’m guessing
Smear campaign lol? People love to talk about how we are the biggest club in the land, then sook about media attention. Club shit the bed on Treloar contract and look to on the Grundy one. I can't remember another club FORCING out 2 of their best players so quickly due to poor club management. The story deserves a lot of attention and will get it as all of you sooks will click and share every single headline about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back