Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes sense that the Olympics saga is going to be a 10 year job negotiating Gabba upgrades, Lions' fixtures, potentially wrangling out an upgrade to the Ekka showgrounds too etcetera. Would be a good point to transition to another person. However, if I were Swann I would be reticent to be tied to the Bombers. Swann already has a strong reputation. The politics of the Bombers is a perfect way to tarnish any legacy you leave behind.

Essendon is a challenge. Is Swannie getting a bit long in the tooth for the long term commitment that would need?

If he does, good luck to him and thankyou. IMO he would be happy if Noble stepped into his shoes. What a mentor for David.

Essendon is a challenge. Is Swannie getting a bit long in the tooth for the long term commitment that would need?

If he does, good luck to him and thankyou. IMO he would be happy if Noble stepped into his shoes. What a mentor for David.
Fake news. Swanny hasn't even got a phone call from them. Move on...more garbage from the gutter media making their selves relevant.

Attachments

• 0848F13E-A86F-4D17-9F87-2C1891418C1C.png
    0848F13E-A86F-4D17-9F87-2C1891418C1C.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 58
Fake news. Swanny hasn't even got a phone call from them. Move on...more garbage from the gutter media making their selves relevant.
Probably loving life in Brisbane too. Still, nothing lasts forever and wouldn't surprise to see him move back to Melb at some stage now that the Springfield objective has been achieved. Has been a massive part of the club's success and would love him to stay around a few more years.

Probably loving life in Brisbane too. Still, nothing lasts forever and wouldn't surprise to see him move back to Melb at some stage now that the Springfield objective has been achieved. Has been a massive part of the club's success and would love him to stay around a few more years.
If he moves back he will be on his own because his wife & family wont move back. (same as Hodgy's wife)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense that the Olympics saga is going to be a 10 year job negotiating Gabba upgrades, Lions' fixtures, potentially wrangling out an upgrade to the Ekka showgrounds too etcetera. Would be a good point to transition to another person. However, if I were Swann I would be reticent to be tied to the Bombers. Swann already has a strong reputation. The politics of the Bombers is a perfect way to tarnish any legacy you leave behind.

Agreed, cannot imagine going from a club as well structured as ours is (now) to the bombers, where the board is stacked with old boys club types that would roll their own grandmothers if it got one of their mates a look in.

No thanks.

Good to hear, while no doubt Noble would be a great CEO for us, Swann has yet to put a foot wrong so would still rather him at the wheel.
Love Swanny and want him to stay but I would be just as happy with Noble at the helm, we are such a bloody well run footy club now.... massive kudos to the likes of Wellington, Swann along with Lethal and the rest of the crew on the board.

Jake Anson as well has been exceptional in charge of the Springfield project, I wonder if he stays on now that it is completed.

Love Swanny and want him to stay but I would be just as happy with Noble at the helm, we are such a bloody well run footy club now.... massive kudos to the likes of Wellington, Swann along with Lethal and the rest of the crew on the board.

Jake Anson as well has been exceptional in charge of the Springfield project, I wonder if he stays on now that it is completed.
From what I hear when he's on the Roar Deal, Jake is up to his neck in the planning around the Olympics, ie which venue(s) we'll need to play at over the next 10 years and what work might need to be done to and around those venues. I'd be very surprised if he moved on or was moved on right now, but then again I have no idea how these things work.

Working on the Olympics infrastructure team would have to be a tempting prospect.

Working on the Olympics infrastructure team would have to be a tempting prospect.

Feels like the natural next step for him. He is so passionate about sport in Queensland and leaving a legacy. Probably the perfect job for his skillset.

Hmm wonder what’s next for Mark McVeigh now that he has moved on from GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back