No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Is Fine GIF

As much as this is a "WTF!?" moment, and as much as it seems to make no logical immediate sense...it's clear that our game style and plan doesn't stack up well, particularly against teams higher ranked. There have been times where we look disorientated and like a bunch of blokes that had only just trained together for the first time. Unfortunately that's on the head coach, and as nice as Ratts seems, he just appears unable to get any synchronicity or cohesion happening. Personally I would have given him the year, but perhaps it's just better to rip the bandaid off now.

I would take Hird in a heartbeat. Couldn’t give a s**t about his past indiscretions. He’s a competitive beast with ultra high standards. Bloke doesn’t know how to lose.
He wouldn’t even have time for an interview because he’d be too busy scooping up his bath water and guzzling it down his fat gob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh yes let's get Yze, the guy rejected by Essendon, North, and the Giants. That's the man for us!

The key to selecting a great coach is to find someone who gets the best out of a particular group.

Your line of thinking is precisely why 'supercoaches' like malthouse and blight failed miserably at the blues and saints.

It's all about finding the right match for what our list need to achieve their best.

It is utterly irrelevant whether any candidates have been rejected elsewhere.

In fact- I would argue that given how idiotic essendon have been in their 'processes' for selecting coaches... I personally would consider being rejected by them as a tick in any candidates box.

Last edited:
The key to selecting a great coach is to find someone who gets the best out of a particular group.

You're line of thinking is precisely why 'supercoaches' like malthouse and blight failed miserably at the blues and saints.

It's all about finding the right match for what our list need to achieve their best.

It is utterly irrelevant whether any candidates have been rejected elsewhere.

In fact- I would argue that given how idiotic essendon have been in their 'processes' for selecting coaches... I personally would consider being rejected by them as a tick in any candidates box.
What’s the opposite to a giant hug?

Our list needs that

Whether there is a coach lined up for the job or not, we need to make sure there is a lengthy process headed by Walsh, and who he wants, because otherwise it's gonna be a shit storm stuck in a cycle.

Experienced Coaches
  • Buckley
  • Ross
  • Pyke
  • Hird
  • Leppitsch
  • Simpson (If we Poach)
Inexperienced Coaches
  • Yze
  • Harvey
I personally would love for Pyke to come to us, whether as a forward coach or as the actual coach. But what he's done for Sydney and how they play is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back