News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

If Heritage Bank get the nod, the ground will get another rebranding shortly after following Heritage Bank's merger with People's Choice Credit Union. At least that will be more a Bankwest Stadium becoming Commbank Stadium situation rather than going out seeking a new naming rights sponsor (won't stop a few trolls trying to make a say it's the club not able to hold on to sponsors).

If Heritage Bank get the nod, the ground will get another rebranding shortly after following Heritage Bank's merger with People's Choice Credit Union. At least that will be more a Bankwest Stadium becoming Commbank Stadium situation rather than going out seeking a new naming rights sponsor (won't stop a few trolls trying to make a say it's the club not able to hold on to sponsors).

If it is from the 1st of March, I can definitely see us waiting until then to announce the sponsorship deal then. Why change all the signage and make the announcement for something to change a couple of weeks later?

People's Choice Heritage Bank & Credit Union Stadium. Sounds good to me!

‘The suns have got heritage bank stadium on lock down’

‘The vault door closes on bontempelli, he ain’t going nowhere, at heritage bank stadium’

‘And Anderson strolls into goal and cashes in, at heritage bank stadium’

‘Chol turns on a dime, at heritage bank stadium’

‘King has kicked a bag tonight thanks to rolled gold service from the suns mids, at heritage bank stadium’

That should get you started Dwayne.

More major events for the Carrara sports precinct with the Super Netball Team Girls Cup being staged at Gold Coast Sports Leisure Centre

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This potentially affects us. Ticketmaster obviously does ticketing for us and Live Nation regularly schedules evens at Metricon like the Harry Styles concert next month. I've heard from a few locals that the cost of tickets to see Harry Styles are just ridiculously high and perhaps this domination in the marketplace is to blame. That certainly seems to be the argument in America with the cost of Taylor Swift tickets going through the roof.

If Ticketmaster and Live Nation are forced to separate then I wonder how that affects us. I'd hate to think we'd lose events but I also don't want people to be forced to overpay to attend events on the Gold Coast. It's a tricky one.

Pink is coming to Carrara
That's a huge get! P!nk literally holds multiple biggest selling touring records in Australia and is sure to pull massive crowds again this time next year. The Queen attendance record is under some serious threat with recent Album of the Year Grammy winner Harry Styles headlining later this month and P!nk confirmed for next year. Queen pulled 39,607 to their Carrara concert in 2020 but I think it's entirely possible both Harry Styles and P!nk will break that record.

It’s heritage bank I can see the sign on the old Metricon building beside the scoreboard

was wondering how they'd be able to keep it a secret to the general public before they announce haha.
if you can post a pic of it here that'd be a cool scoop!

Sorry didn’t get a pic was too far away to get a pic with an iPhone but if someone is driving past you could drive up to the gate and snap a pic easily

Remove this Banner Ad

News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back