Opinion Non-Crows AFL 6: This Is Getting Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought at the time it was more Luko thank Rankine, did we make some big offer to the Suns for their Pick 2?

We'd have bitten Gold Coast hands off for either of them. I can't remember if we did or it got nixed beforehand.

I’m not bullish on Richmond like most commentators.

Think I had them finishing 9th at the end of the minor round.
On the flip side, Melbourne look very slick. Grundy is going to be a valuable asset for them up forward where they lacked last year.

Last edited:
On the flip side, Melbourne look very slick. Grundy is going to be a valuable for them up forward where they lacked last year.
I thought their plan was to play Gawn mostly up forward & Grundy in ruck... as wanting to extend Gawn's playing career?

Think they were talking of something like a 70/30 Grundy/Gawn ruck split.

Can only see Collingwood regretting offloading Grundy, just seems very short sighted

Of the two sides in last years top 8, I reckon both Collingwood and Richmond are most likely to miss.

Geelong, Melbourne, Brisbane, Fremantle, Sydney are locks as far as I’m concerned.

The issue then becomes who replaces them - Carlton but who else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the two sides in last years top 8, I reckon both Collingwood and Richmond are most likely to miss.

Geelong, Melbourne, Brisbane, Fremantle, Sydney are locks as far as I’m concerned.

Not sure Fremantle are a lock... they are like the Pies where could easily go either way.

Imo, Richmond will make the finals.

Gawn more valuable behind the ball I reckon.
That's not how they sold it to Grundy to get him to the Dees.

Goodwin & Gawn sat down with him & mentioned Gawn is willing to give up most ruck duties to extend his career.

I understand that, just reckon gawn is wasted up forward.
It will be interesting to watch if Gawn struggles to make impact up forward.

I have tipped the Dees to not make finals as I suspect their forward line may struggle.

One of the better ranked teams is likely to miss finals.

I think Freo could be wobbly. They lost a lot of players - Acres, Lobb, Mundy, Logue and Tucker all played significant games for them last year. At the very least their depth may get tested this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Freo could be wobbly. They lost a lot of players - Acres, Lobb, Mundy, Logue and Tucker all played significant games for them last year. At the very least their depth may get tested this year

Their best 22 is good... but they traded out their depth, so if they get some injuries, they miss imo.

I feel similar about Freo, they're far from being a lock for the 8.

I think they could finish anywhere from 6-10.

In my ladder predictions they most probably won't be in my Top 8

I thought the Suns and Port were good chances of making the lower part of the 8, but both have looked shit in the pre-season. Still might not mean much, but it's made me re-think a bit. The sides I'm confident that are no chance of making it are North, Hawthorn, Essendon, West Coast and St Kilda.

It will be interesting to watch if Gawn struggles to make impact up forward.

I have tipped the Dees to not make finals as I suspect their forward line may struggle.

One of the better ranked teams is likely to miss finals.

I think for them to get value out of the trade it really comes down to how much impact either player can make up forward. If they can snag a couple of goals each game (combined) that's a win. Otherwise who cares if you win the tap outs when you're opposition ruck is resting.

Surely will still make finals. Grawn, Grundy, Trac, Oliver, Langdon, Hunter, Brown, Kossie, May, Lever etc Then you have the coach and staff who know what it takes to win it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back