Opinion Non-Crows AFL 6: This Is Getting Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Their midfield is pretty stacked with young talent, huge holes either end of the ground though. They need to find 2 decent KPDs and a Ruckman for a start if they want to mix it with the top teams. Possibly another KPF too if the young kid Georgiadis doesn't stick around.

JHF will be a superstar in a few years no doubt, got some things to work on right now though.
So their premiership window is closed and need a rebuild, they need more than a decent KPD and ruckman for the rebuild who are very difficult to trade in young quality KPD and ruckman. Our weakness in the current rebuild has always been the midfield but I'm very bullish of Soligo (who will be equal if not better than Butters), Rachele (who will be equal Rozee). So outside of JHF who are their Berry/Schoenberg/Pedlar in their midfield? Duursma is a winger and his development has stalled and I'm not sold on Bergman as a midfielder (seem to be a winger).

So their premiership window is closed and need a rebuild, they need more than a decent KPD and ruckman for the rebuild who are very difficult to trade in young quality KPD and ruckman. Our weakness in the current rebuild has always been the midfield but I'm very bullish of Soligo (who will be equal if not better than Butters), Rachele (who will be equal Rozee). So outside of JHF who are their Berry/Schoenberg/Pedlar in their midfield? Duursma is a winger and his development has stalled and I'm not sold on Bergman as a midfielder (seem to be a winger).
Who is our young ruckman? You’ve said they are difficult to trade in. Surely that’s a hole then?

Who is our young ruckman? You’ve said they are difficult to trade in. Surely that’s a hole then?
I've seen enough of Thilthorpe around the ground and clearance to suggest he will be an elite ruckman and a very good resting forward which will trouble the 3rd best defender. His vision by hand in clearance is second to only Walker, the game against Collingwood last year is the elite ruckman he will become.

I've seen enough of Thilthorpe around the ground and clearance to suggest he will be an elite ruckman and a very good resting forward which will trouble the 3rd best defender. His vision by hand in clearance is second to only Walker, the game against Collingwood last year is the elite ruckman he will become.
You think we will turn him into a ruck and not a key forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But are they quality though.....we got lucky with Jacobs as he was behind Carlton's pecking order and developed into a quality ruckman. He wasn't known as a young quality ruckman so we got him cheaply.
Hickey, grundy , fort , pruess , ladhams just over the last few years who is to say verall or barnett dont blossom and want to come home or we chase someone like tom dekoning ?

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hickey, grundy , fort , pruess , ladhams just over the last few years who is to say verall or barnett dont blossom and want to come home or we chase someone like tom dekoning ?

I certainly wouldn't call Hickey and certainly Grundy young when they got traded. The others were young when they got traded but not as quality so they went cheaply in their trade, Ladham has the most potential of all of them but we know why he left......

I certainly wouldn't call Hickey and certainly Grundy young when they got traded. The others were young when they got traded but I wouldn't consider them as quality so they went cheaply in the trade, Ladham has the most potential of all of them but we know why he left......
You would be after a player who is between 22 - 25 who has developed into his body and ready to play not a 19 year old thats why most teams trade for rucks

You would be after a player who is between 22 - 25 who has developed into his body and ready to play not a 19 year old thats why most teams trade for rucks

Mr MysteryGuest
What about Tom de Koning? Taller by 1cm than ROB and by this pic can climb all over Mason Cox.. 23yo, 24 in July. I think he’s holding off re-signing with the Blues… 0A4F3243-97E1-48E6-8F54-4E1510CD3292.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back