Opinion Non-Crows AFL 6: This Is Getting Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is it with the AFL media and Port?

“Strong finish to 2022” was actually 2-5 with wins against bottom teams when they had a chance to make the 8.
They literally have to have been told by the AFL not to say anything negative about the Powa so as not to spook the Powa’s incredibly fickle supporters.

One sniff of anything wrong, especially this time of year, and powa supporters simply wont turn up and open their moth filled wallets.

And if this occurs the powa’s debt rises.. debt which the AFL, not the gimme gimme hand out club, has to service.

They literally have to have been told by the AFL not to say anything negative about the Powa so as not to spook the Powa’s incredibly fickle supporters.

One sniff of anything wrong, especially this time of year, and powa supporters simply wont turn up and open their moth filled wallets.

And if this occurs the powa’s debt rises.. debt which the AFL, not the gimme gimme hand out club, has to service.
Yeah, crazy stuff trying to manipulate the media when their own supporters are well aware of the stink…
Here’s an example from a Poort supporter on a multi-club thread…

I'm very well aware Ken is a dud coach, Port is going nowhere this year and I'm counting the days til he's gone,

Yeah, crazy stuff trying to manipulate the media when their own supporters are well aware of the stink…
Here’s an example from a Poort supporter on a multi-club thread…

I'm very well aware Ken is a dud coach, Port is going nowhere this year and I'm counting the days til he's gone,
You would have to sift hard to find anything as composed and mellow as that on the sack hinkley thread(s)😀

You would have to sift hard to find anything as composed and mellow as that on the sack hinkley thread(s)😀
I did laugh at one of them hoping they'd finish bottom so that they'd get rid of Hinkley and get pick 1.

North Melbourne would be very happy with that scenario.

Just on this..

It says so much about our club and supporters that after 5 years of bottom dwelling and the financial nightmare that was Covid thrown in for good measure… the Club is already back in the black and making very good profits..

Anyone got any updates on the Powa’s current financial position?.. has the AFL bailed them out yet again?..
Hows the “chasing greatness fund” going?.. Any updates?

Just on this..

It says so much about our club and supporters that after 5 years of bottom dwelling and the financial nightmare that was Covid thrown in for good measure… the Club is already back in the black and making very good profits..

Anyone got any updates on the Powa’s current financial position?.. has the AFL bailed them out yet again?..
And did they ever payback all the money the SANFL gave them to keep them afloat.

Just on this..

They released a club statement about their exceptional financial results, and then a few months later released their actual financial reports that did not match their initial statements

Yeah forgot about Jones, possibly more a half back flanker that a full time midfielder but looks like Port are experimenting with that. SSP is about 25 already I think so more an established player already than a developing player.

Port's Jones is only an average player. He will play plenty of games but his poor disposal will be costly.

Also the big body and long hair makes people think he is some kind of tough guy. He is anything but that when you watch him. I think a few Port woke up to that last year. A bit like Dixon, no where near the tough they used to think he is.

I did laugh at one of them hoping they'd finish bottom so that they'd get rid of Hinkley and get pick 1.

North Melbourne would be very happy with that scenario.
Surely this is the quintessential definition of win-win scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll get agreement with that on the Port board.
100%. Has been for the last 5 -8 years.

It is also linked to our lack of genuine KPD.

We get too many numbers back and so always end up kicking long to 3 on 1's.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port's Jones is only an average player. He will play plenty of games but his poor disposal will be costly.

Also the big body and long hair makes people think he is some kind of tough guy. He is anything but that when you watch him. I think a few Port woke up to that last year. A bit like Dixon, no where near the tough they used to think he is.
Yes, he is a poor skilled player that causes turnovers... & we appear to be phasing these types out of our side.

What is it with the AFL media and Port?

“Strong finish to 2022” was actually 2-5 with wins against bottom teams when they had a chance to make the 8.

Was the article written by Kane Cornes?

For some reason, facts don’t seem to apply to Port Adelaide.

They have lost Amon and Wobbie but gained JHF and Junior Rioli. How does that make them stronger in the short term plus their 30+ are another year older?

Jones developed earlier than some boys around his age but eventually everyone ends up in the same place. Reckon this is a classic scenario with this lad.

Yes, he is a poor skilled player that causes turnovers... & we appear to be phasing these types out of our side.
You need to watch him closer, he's way way above average, eventually will be their big bodied mid....and he has explosive power as well.

You need to watch him closer, he's way way above average, eventually will be their big bodied mid....and he has explosive power as well.
His skills are atrocious & yes I watch him closely.

Just read what the Port board think of Jones.

His skills are atrocious & yes I watch him closely.

Just read what the Port board think of Jones.
Yeah, like they're great judges over there, maybe watch closer with your own eyes instead of taking the word dumb Powa supporters...and btw I have zero interest in ever visiting the Powa board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back