Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rachele and Rankine definitely enjoying themselves good to see they are bonding off field will help with connection
One of the best things about this team is how much the boys all love each other

It’s the advantage of having a lot of young blokes coming thru together

Also helps that most of our senior guys are decent blokes ….. there’s no JJ’s and McGoverns around

Just a cursory look on the GWS game thread for R1, there seems to be a bit of a consensus on this side being their best unit for R1..to my eye, with a new coach and a better game plan, we are really going to have our work cut out here - that is a very strong looking side on paper

B: Connor Idun, Sam Taylor, Isaac Cumming
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Nick Haynes, Lachie Ash
C: Finn Callaghan, Harry Perryman, Jacob Wehr
HF: Josh Kelly, Jake Riccardi, James Peatling
F: Toby Greene (c), Harry Himmelberg, Jesse Hogan
R: Brayden Preuss, Tom Green, Stephen Coniglio
IC: Leek Aleer, Callan Ward, Conor Stone, Adam Kennedy.
Sub: Xavier O'Halloran
A little bonus that Daniels and Bedford are likely going to be out with injury

But agree , we will definitely have our work cut out given how many gun players they have on paper and with a new coach spike

He seems to know what he’s doing too re Kingsley

Can deal with a loss if we beat Richmond at home and go 1-1

I’ll be v excited if we are able to beat giants

Your forward line has a terrifying mix with Rachele and Rankine at the feet of Fog and Tex.
I think Giants backline is strong but we have a lot of midsized defenders like Idun and Cumming who can switch on smalls and talls. If Fog gets matched with Leek/Haynes I could see him having a strong day.
Giants main issue is still where the goals come from and the Crows have a lot of scoring power. It's 50/50 for me

Kane said Fog is the biggest improver he has EVER seen in a player 12 mths. Mentioned 31 goals last half of last year and could win Coleman this year if we have a decent year. Bucks said not convinced about him as yet. Needs to see more to be convinced

Around 7am Bucks raised the 'Adelaide Crows' as one of his top 5 highlights from the Preseason. Mentioned a number of 'no name players' that are good Berry, Schoey, Mc Adam, Himmelberg, Keays, KPD's, and talented forward line names.

Overall very complimentary towards the team and said we were the big winners of the pre season. Bucks also said very impressed with the club over the last 14 months (assume Burgess apt etc) and praised Nicks for playing a hard, frenetic style of play. There will be no easy wins against us. Kane said we were pound for pound the most talented team meaning we extract maximum results from the ability of our players. Kane also said we are better than anyone is giving us credit for and can challenge for the 8

Most compliments I can remember hearing on SEN for many years..
I'll have to have a listen, but TBH I'm a little sick of this team on 'no names' nonsense - although it's conflicting - It's good to fly under the radar, which is what Kane doesn't want us to do, but it'd good to be recognised for what could be the best example of a rebuild possibly ever (no AFL help) - if we succeed.

The Vics are obsessed with the Hawthorn rebuild and Sam Mitchell - and will hold this as the gold standard regardless of what we do.

Reality is that only Kane will watch all our games and then will be able to criticise if we don't perform and promote if we do (just as he does for Port as the Vics don't watch them either), but with all the Sunday games, playing at home, playing in Ballarat and Tassie, the reality is that Buckley and the other Vics won't notice us unless we win more than 12 games.

After a massive off-season recruiting spree, I think this time next year we will be discussed as a team to shake the 8. It's too much really to Vics can't really care about a rebuilding team from Adelaide this year when there are some many Vic clubs.

A little bonus that Daniels and Bedford are likely going to be out with injury

But agree , we will definitely have our work cut out given how many gun players they have on paper and with a new coach spike

He seems to know what he’s doing too re Kingsley

Can deal with a loss if we beat Richmond at home and go 1-1

I’ll be v excited if we are able to beat giants
If we bring our pressure, we will win.

Your forward line has a terrifying mix with Rachele and Rankine at the feet of Fog and Tex.
I think Giants backline is strong but we have a lot of midsized defenders like Idun and Cumming who can switch on smalls and talls. If Fog gets matched with Leek/Haynes I could see him having a strong day.
Giants main issue is still where the goals come from and the Crows have a lot of scoring power. It's 50/50 for me
I think it’s a good match up for both sides to kick the season off

Just a cursory look on the GWS game thread for R1, there seems to be a bit of a consensus on this side being their best unit for R1..to my eye, with a new coach and a better game plan, we are really going to have our work cut out here - that is a very strong looking side on paper

B: Connor Idun, Sam Taylor, Isaac Cumming
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Nick Haynes, Lachie Ash
C: Finn Callaghan, Harry Perryman, Jacob Wehr
HF: Josh Kelly, Jake Riccardi, James Peatling
F: Toby Greene (c), Harry Himmelberg, Jesse Hogan
R: Brayden Preuss, Tom Green, Stephen Coniglio
IC: Leek Aleer, Callan Ward, Conor Stone, Adam Kennedy.
Sub: Xavier O'Halloran
Good looking side, but we should be able to stretch their backline.

yeah, but its their very powerful midfield that worries me
Indeed - it should give us a good early indication of whether we have improved in this area.

I think they their forwards have the edge on our defenders too.

yeah, but its their very powerful midfield that worries me

I'm more concerned about a new coach. It's a list primed for a dead cat bounce.

Still the name of the game is pressure. Bring it in big enough quantities to shut down GWS ball movement and the forward line will do the rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cloke had a couple of good years primarily from a gun midfield. Like Ian Perrie for us, Quinten Lynch at WC.

Roccas were good, but not great forwards.
At the age of 24 Cloke kicked 69.48 for a grand final side, then 50 and 68 the next two dragon. Ian Perrie never kicked 40 in a season.

Last year they absolutely torched us in the contest, dominating contested possessions and thrashing us 20-4 in contested marks.

Their bigger bodies seem to cause us the most issues.
I have no confidence going into this game. More confident against all teams at home.

Cloke had a couple of good years primarily from a gun midfield. Like Ian Perrie for us, Quinten Lynch at WC.

Roccas were good, but not great forwards.
Sav is the 15th greatest goalkicker in VFL/AFL history

Sav is the 15th greatest goalkicker in VFL/AFL history
Different era, when goals kicked were the most they ever will be. He wasn’t in the best of his time.

He had a long career, but was never really at the peak of the best.
Gary Ablett, Matthew Lloyd, Fraser Gehrig, Tony Modra, Tony Lockett had him covered.

Adelaide Crows news: All the latest from West Lakes ahead of round 1 of the 2023 season​

Rory Sloane attended just one centre bounce in the Crows practice match against the Eagles. See his thoughts on being pushed out of the onball group here.Former Adelaide captain Rory Sloane says he was confident he would be able to hit the ground running in his return to footy following his season-ending knee injury.
Sloane suffered a ruptured ACL in Round 5 against Richmond last year, which ended his 2022 campaign.

Less than 12 months since the injury Sloane has made his return to footy, playing in the Crows internal trial and in matches against Fremantle and West Coast during Adelaide’s pre-season trip to Perth.

He impressed in the trial game against the Dockers, and then backed it up with 18 disposals against the Eagles as the Crows recorded a pair of wins that has them seemingly in good shape for their round 1 clash against GWS.

The 32-year-old told News Corp that good planning by Crows head physio Tim Parham and strength coach Josh Manuel was behind this strong return.

“Yeah I felt good, it is great to be back,” he said.

“I watched enough footy last year so it was great to be able to help out on the field and help out our group.

“You do the work, that’s why you do all the rehab and the pre-season.

“Tim Parham and Josh Manuel, our physio and strength coach, they have put a mountain of work in helping me get my body right.

“That was the plan to make sure I came back as seamlessly as possible. “Those two in particular have done an incredible job for me.”

While he has been used all over the ground by the Crows during pre-season, Sloane made his return to competitive action on a wing for Matthew Nicks’ side.

With Sam Berry now entrenched as an on-baller with Rory Laird, and Harry Schoenberg, Josh Rachele and Izak Rankine getting more time in the middle, Sloane was only at one centre bounce for the Crows against the Eagles.

He said he would play whatever role required for the Crows.

“I’m just enjoying being out there and being in a position where I can help this group continue to get better and that’s what we feel like we are doing,” he said.

“It is nice after watching a lot of footy being able to influence it on the ground.”

Robbo caught up in past glories in the main?

Mark Robinson names his top 50 players ahead of 2023 season​

It is the most anticipated list in the AFL. Robbo’s Top 50 is here for 2023. Who took out the number one spot? See the full list now.

ROBBO'S TOP 50 BREAKDOWN​

Teams
Geelong: 6
Richmond: 6
Carlton: 5
Western Bulldogs: 5
Melbourne: 5
Sydney: 4
Brisbane Lions: 4
Collingwood: 4
GWS Giants: 2
West Coast: 1
North Melbourne: 1
Essendon: 1
Hawthorn: 1
Fremantle: 1
Port Adelaide: 1
Adelaide: 1
Gold Coast Suns: 1
St Kilda: 1

Clubs represented: 18

Positions

MIDFIELD 24
FORWARD 9
MIDFIELDER/FORWARD 3
MIDFIELDER/DEFENDER 2
DEFENDER 9
RUCK 3
TOTAL: 50

AGE (AS OF MARCH 16, WHEN R1 STARTS)

20YO: 1
21YO: 1
22YO: 2
23YO: 5
24YO: 1
25YO: 7
26YO: 4
27YO: 10
28YO: 4
29YO: 4
30YO: 5
31YO: 4
32YO: 1
34YO: 1
Nick Daicos youngest, Tom Hawkins oldest

Overall, there are nine defenders, two ruckmen, 10 forwards and the rest are midfielders slash midfield-forwards.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Robbo caught up in past glories in the main?

Mark Robinson names his top 50 players ahead of 2023 season​

It is the most anticipated list in the AFL. Robbo’s Top 50 is here for 2023. Who took out the number one spot? See the full list now.

ROBBO'S TOP 50 BREAKDOWN​

Teams
Geelong: 6
Richmond: 6
Carlton: 5
Western Bulldogs: 5
Melbourne: 5
Sydney: 4
Brisbane Lions: 4
Collingwood: 4
GWS Giants: 2
West Coast: 1
North Melbourne: 1
Essendon: 1
Hawthorn: 1
Fremantle: 1
Port Adelaide: 1
Adelaide: 1
Gold Coast Suns: 1
St Kilda: 1

Clubs represented: 18

Positions
MIDFIELD 24
FORWARD 9
MIDFIELDER/FORWARD 3
MIDFIELDER/DEFENDER 2
DEFENDER 9
RUCK 3
TOTAL: 50

AGE (AS OF MARCH 16, WHEN R1 STARTS)
20YO: 1
21YO: 1
22YO: 2
23YO: 5
24YO: 1
25YO: 7
26YO: 4
27YO: 10
28YO: 4
29YO: 4
30YO: 5
31YO: 4
32YO: 1
34YO: 1
Nick Daicos youngest, Tom Hawkins oldest

Overall, there are nine defenders, two ruckmen, 10 forwards and the rest are midfielders slash midfield-forwards.

View attachment 1622992

View attachment 1622993

View attachment 1622995
Laird and Dawson would both easily be top 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back