Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have access to the story in The West about Bell giving Longmuir a spray?

Lol the paper is literally hostile against us. We should ban them from attending conferences.

Holy *, this is completely out of hand where that rag can just hand out slander without any repercussions if this is what it's doing
Thought it wouldn’t go lower then The Sun and their disgusting coverage of Hillsborough disaster, but The West is heading towards that territory.

God forbid a club have disagreements and heated discussions.

Bet if this was West Coast, it’ll be ‘passionate’ ‘honest’ ‘selflessness’

Thought it wouldn’t go lower then The Sun and their disgusting coverage of Hillsborough disaster, but The West is heading towards that territory.

God forbid a club have disagreements and heated discussions.

Bet if this was West Coast, it’ll be ‘passionate’ ‘honest’ ‘selflessness’
It's not even that for me, it's that there is actually one paragraph in the "article" that vaguely references "the fight" the title claims to have happened. The rest of the article is just posting and interpreting quotes from interviews through the week before ending on some Pearce slander and a potshot at Jackson on the right. And this is all done through some anonymous person who wont have to be accountable for the shit they are peddling week in and out.

The place just sinks lower every week

Wow, I'm absolutely shocked that 'The Snitch', (who is employed by The West, writes for The West, and probably isn't one person but a team of journos/writers at The West) had no problem with the Luke Jackson article! Shocking!

well all of our articles pre-season were in the most part positive. Until we lost our first two games in a row against teams we were expected to easily beat including last year's wooden spooners. There's possibly something to learn in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That paper is run by ****ing dumb c**ts
Seems so. I mean literally employing, paying and promoting 'The Snitch' is such a self own. Nobody likes a snitch.

Maybe it's the last desperate act of a dying publication. Personally I can't remember the last time I actually held a West Australian newspaper in my hands. Most of their digital content is paywalled, and I have no desire to pay for it, even if it weren't so biased.

Last edited:
This is about list management. If we thought he was a developing player that wasn't going to peak for another 6-7 years, and simultaneously we believe our own rhetoric of three prelims and a flag by 2025, the trade makes zero sense. The price we have paid is for an elite talent now, not one that will take half a decade to reach elite. You would let him develop for another few years at Melbourne if that was the case
It makes plenty of sense if we are a trying to build sustained success over a long time, like the club has been saying the whole time. We are not chasing a quick fix make finals a couple times and fade away. So we invested in what our list managers believe will become a top player in the AFL eventually (not now), pretty obvious if you think about it for a minute.

It makes plenty of sense if we are a trying to build sustained success over a long time, like the club has been saying the whole time. We are not chasing a quick fix make finals a couple times and fade away. So we invested in what our list managers believe will become a top player in the AFL eventually (not now), pretty obvious if you think about it for a minute.
I disagree. If you're aiming to build for the future you take your two first round draft picks to the draft, you don't trade them away. To trade two first rounders only makes sense if you think you're ready to compete for the big prize now. I get that he's only 21 but I don't want to be thinking we traded that much for a guy whose best is years down the track

I disagree. If you're aiming to build for the future you take your two first round draft picks to the draft, you don't trade them away. To trade two first rounders only makes sense if you think you're ready to compete for the big prize now. I get that he's only 21 but I don't want to be thinking we traded that much for a guy whose best is years down the track
Not when you think that young player is better or more unique than the players available at your picks in the draft, think for a second.

Not when you think that young player is better or more unique than the players available at your picks in the draft, think for a second.
Please don't tell me to think, you've done it in two posts and it's condescending bullshit. I have given my reasons, you and I disagree

Drafting first round picks is far riskier than trading them to get a known quantity. If Jackson projects how I hope we could not be able to pick him with a handful of pick #1s over the next five years.

I'd argue it shouldn't be about projecting how you hope. You don't logically spend what we spent on hope. You need ot tell me what you expecct not what you hope.
I'll tell you what I expect, a high impact multi-positional player that has some astonishing games but never makes an AA team. Is that enough for what we paid - depends on how many of thse astonishing games he has and whether he has them in big games like finals. What do you expect?

Drafting first round picks is far riskier than trading them to get a known quantity. If Jackson projects how I hope we could not be able to pick him with a handful of pick #1s over the next five years.
Happy If You Say So GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back