Preview Round 4, 2023: St.Kilda v Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 8th April, 7:30PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Suns

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get ahead of myself, but does anyone else get the feeling that the perfect storm is brewing for the game against the Pies? They'll have no ruck and they're coming off a very long break, possibly too long. If we can get through the Suns game relatively unscathed then it might be on the cards.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but does anyone else get the feeling that the perfect storm is brewing for the game against the Pies? They'll have no ruck and they're coming off a very long break, possibly too long. If we can get through the Suns game relatively unscathed then it might be on the cards.
The other good thing about it is the neutral ground.
And that NAS and Pou are going to want to play well at home.
Here’s hoping…..for personal reasons I would just love to beat them, even by a solitary point.

Actually, it’s at Marvel - which I assume you meant.

I’ll be there. Loving what I’m seeing ( of course) but I still think it’s natural, and self- protective to be realistic. I have faith in Ross but 1/4 of this team is really young, and will tire.

This are no “should” wins, in the past it’s the game like this we have dropped.

The benefits to being 4 zip are remarkable, so just trying to keep a lid on my emotions.

I keep remembering 8-3 last year, and so I’m not fully all in yet for finals this season. I wanted RTB back at the club from even before it became a thing, so I am rapt about and do realise however that the future is far brighter than it’s been for a decade.

Yeah, I'm getting my grounds names completely haywire the last couple of days. Have edited it to stop looking like a complete nufty.

You are right, no game is a "should" win anymore. Every team has quality footballers and can match it on any day with anyone.

I just think our systems are 5% better than the Suns, plus it's at home.

Our future is extremely bright at the moment, Moorabbin just looks amazing.... a testament to the Finnis era. The club is finally back in St Kilda people's safe hands and I'm really buoyant about our future.

Yeah we do.

Watch this, especially at 50 seconds into it:

Everyone forgets just how elite hamill was. It was a massive blow to us that he was crippled in his prime

Maybe his nearly namesake Rod Owen.
The only issue I have with both of these… who are great comparisons… is both we’re out and out forwards.

Neither played or was suited to midfield.

The only issue I have with both of these… who are great comparisons… is both we’re out and out forwards.

Neither played or was suited to midfield.

To be fair we haven't really seen owens play as a mid since he had a growth spurt and went all hulk mode.

He might (from now on) be best suited to being a permanent forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as we contain the impact of Witts and Rowell to a manageable level we should hold them at arms length and win by 4 plus goals. I can’t see RTB allowing the group to take the foot off the pedal. GC also due for a letdown after last weeks win against the Cats.
Thanks for a tip this week. I've put my collection of Porter Davis homes on it.

No he's the same height as when he was drafted

If you look at the team photo he's clearly shorter than Jack Hayes and Josh Battle

I stand corrected.

Maybe a better comparison for owens (who gringo just mentioned in another thread about keeler) is goodes.

Hybrid forward/mid- ruck at times too.

Owens could do a lot worse than follow goodes performances!

ric flair wwe GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back