Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

My buddy!
hero GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amiss oozes class. In 5 years time he is going to arguably be the best KPF in the comp or at least in the top 5. He just needs to start kicking through the ball more from distance. That drop punt from the boundary was a thing of beauty.

Johnno and Sturt have to stay in now. Both just add class that is missing. Some of our best passages of play went through Sturt's hands. Get the ball into their hands more.

Jackson is continuing to build and getting better each game. It is great seeing him start to hold his marks but what makes it better is when he finishes off his good work.

Wagner had a better 2nd half. His first half was not good but he didn't put a foot wrong in the 2nd. I do think he copped a bit more criticism than was warranted, though. He isn't a big guy and in a couple of contests was just out muscled. He needed a chop out from the backline that never came.

Sonny. Superb. I wrote him off last season but he has had a great start to the season (last week aside).

The backline continue to be shit but we also saw how much more effective they are when they get help up the ground.

I have no idea why we went with Switta if he was under any kind of injury cloud. Brodie should have played from the start and showed when he came on why he should be in ahead of JOM. I was supportive of trading for him but he has been terrible. Brodie is the better player.

Skills. Skills. Skills. Again our skills killed us. The fact that most of Adelaide's score last week came from turnover and same again tonight shows just how bad we are. I'd also be interested to see that stat from the first 3 games too. I have a feeling it will be the same thing. A serious emphasis needs to be put on skill work moving forward and drafting players that are clean.

That 2nd half showed me I was right. It was a skill issue more than a game plan issue. It was obvious over the first 4 games we were trying to move the ball quicker but our skills continually let us down. The 2nd half showed what we can do when we are clean. I do still think we are very easy to coach against and if GC didn't run out of legs they probably still win.

The Brownlow votes are going to be interesting. Does Serong get the 3 or does Lukoscious? I still think Luko was probably BOG but Serong was immense and probably gets 3 because we won.

Good that we’ve not seen the best of Will Brodie

As silly as this is going to sound, the fight and guts in the second half almost matters as much as the result.

Brodie has the fire in the belly now, Serong immense, Jackson stringing good games together, Jye shall be our new god.

We're not without our issues, but that's the sort of effort we've been screaming out for over the past month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy "What Do We Say To The God of Death?" - Freo Keep Season Alive Against Gc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back