• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachie Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to think what De Koning and Tom Stewart do next week given the performances the Forwards have produced on Sicily, Frost, Murphy and Moore the past 2 games. Bombing kicks forward and zero accountability not a good mix.

Well, I’m not as upset as I thought I’d be. We were in front for all but the last two minutes of the game. We almost pinched a massive win against flag favourites. Kick straight, we win that. The most important thing now is how we respond next week. In Geelong is a massive ask, and while I don’t expect to win, I’d like to see us be competitive and kick ****ing straight. We had a very good run with umpires and still couldn’t pinch it. sigh

Well that was pretty hard to go down like that but it had that feeling from early in the match when we missed so many gettable goals. Kicked at goal like a side that didn't believe they could beat a premiership contender. Seems a mental thing.

I'll try put the disappointment aside and be objective as there's still some stuff that's not bad but in the end we come up short when we should have iced the match early.

The Good:

• Jones was excellent, bounced back from a quiet match beautifully, looked up for the fight, put his body on the line, hit the score board. Best on for us.
  • Tilthorpe continuing to stick his contest marks. This is a pleasure to watch & going to be so important for us over the years.
  • Hinge was pretty good.
  • Laird played pretty well.
  • ROB was pretty good, stuck many good marks and asserted his aerial dominance with an undersized side.
  • Soligo backed up a good performance with another one. Not sure why subbed out?
  • Doedee was very good with his marking also, shame about that one time caught holding by not kicking it sooner as he played nearly flawless other than that.
  • Pedlar again getting involved, kicking some goals though should have had more.
  • Rankines early goal but overall a little underwhelming from him today, feel like his work rate to cover the ground has dropped a bit the last couple weeks? Not sure if thats true or he's just not getting as involved.
  • Michalanney another strong performance, dont think his direct opponents kicked a goal again.
  • Sloanes tackle to get us going in the 3rd, battled hard late in the match but just lacked leg speed to go with the rampant pies players by that point.
  • Our forward 50 entries in the first quarter were beautiful, failure to capitalize ultimately cost us the match.
  • Dawson pretty good, maybe not dominant best but bounced back from an average one last week to be more effective.
  • Keays going to Daicos with the tag at start, seemed to throw him well off his best. Should show the comp a thing or two that he's human afterall & doesn't love close attention.

The Bad:

• Pedlar's goal kicking
  • Rachele's goal kicking
  • Butts gifting Collingwood a goal & should have in the goal square late. Defended not too bad much of the day but these cringe moments when he's near the ball are tough watching.
  • Fogarty just couldn't get into it today.

The Ugly:

- GOAL KICKING. That's the match right there.

Pretty disappointing loss. Might very well rue that one later in the year if we challenge for the 8. If you told me we lose by 1 point before the match I may have felt that's not bad but because we failed to take advantage of long periods of dominance it burns more. I don't want to rubbish too many players because mostly that effort was there, ultimately we couldn't kick the goals that mattered & that's the match more than anything else we did or didn't do.

Onwards to Geelong in Crow graveyard.

Good
  • Defence except Butts
  • ROB
  • Jones / Sholl / Soligo

Bad
  • Tex couldn’t get his hands on it
  • Dawson couldn’t hit a target
  • Rachelle kept biting off too much in the first half and turning it over.

Ugly
  • Milera
  • Structure/Composure breakdown in the final quarter
  • Butts disposal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's coping attention. We don't have the midfield depth so shut Dawson down and to a lesser extent laird and we are pretty much done.
This is why Hately or Brown after their SANFL performances or Taylor or Berry need to come in. We need more diversity

Jones is getting to a point but would leave him outside on wing all year and let him turn beast mode

We fight and scrap and claw all game, get 14 points up in spite of schoolboy goalkicking (an insult to schoolboys, btw), then Collingwood kick a goal, Nicks pees himself and goes all defensive.
That stops us in our tracks. It stops us from doing everything that we did to get 14 points up in the first place.

Instead of sending messages out to attack, attack, ATTACK, Nicks sends the message to play meek, defensive footy.
Nicks needs to grow a pair.
The goalkicking was crap, for sure, but the game was still WINNABLE and he blew it.
Why do you think Nicks sent that message out?

chris jericho what GIF by CBC
Schoenberg handballs out into the clear,to corridor no less, and Pies POUNCE:
1682849750672.jpeg

Surprised Doedee hasn't come up much yet. 24 touches, 15 intercept possessions and one of very few players tonight that was clean with his disposal.
He was very good

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, Bad, Ugly v Collingwood

Back