Injury SJOGHCIU - Offseason Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Allen's been carrying a knee injury since late in the Richmond game. Pretty brave (or foolish) for him to be soldering on in the last couple of weeks.
That must mean it is time to put him in the ruck

We said that last year... 😭
happy bart simpson GIF

We said that last year... 😭
Last year my mood was bit different, i just took the piss out of the situation and never really thought it would get worse. Now I’m just flat and it seems each week things are getting progressively worse. Makes me even sadder that there was some sort hope within the first month of the year when we won a game, had exciting kids and it looked like we have a new exciting game plan.

Last year my mood was bit different, i just took the piss out of the situation and never really thought it would get worse. Now I’m just flat and it seems each week things are getting progressively worse. Makes me even sadder that there was some sort hope within the first month of the year when we won a game, had exciting kids and it looked like we have a new exciting game plan.
Same.

Last year was like a comedy train wreck.

This year started out with promise. Competitive, a win, and most important, 2 rising star nominations.

Now it's just depressing. Bad without the 'how much worse can it get', 'oh look, another batch of injuries', 'oh wow, everyone's got Covid', 'oh dear, Larry and Mo ran into each in training and got injured', 'someone's slipped on a banana peel' comedy element.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same.

This year started out with promise. Competitive, a win, and most important, 2 rising star nominations.

Now it's just depressing. Bad without the 'how much worse can it get', 'oh look, another batch of injuries', 'oh wow, everyone's got Covid', 'oh dear, Larry and Mo ran into each in training and got injured', 'someone's slipped on a banana peel' comedy element.

Yeah seems like it’s gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better I can’t see us winning another game even with the players coming back there’s one or 2 going out of the team each week with injury which will probably get worse specially when the troops start coming back in and playing wafl and afl, most injury lists are quite big by the end of the year kudos to the dockers 2 players on there injury list that’s unbelievable , I think where all gonna be relived when the final siren blows in the last round.

Same.

Like I said a few weeks ago, the lads are cooked and the guys coming back aren’t match finals as they’ve been put into the deep end than given an opportunity to build it via WAFL. We got 14 weeks left where it will feel like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel

Injury list was snuck out.

SJOG Health Care injury update: Round 11​

Head of Health Mark Finucane provides an update on West Coast's injured players ahead of round 11 against Essendon
By westcoasteagles.com.au - 3 hrs ago
InjuryReport-AFL-2023-WebHero.jpg

The West Coast Eagles could be boosted by the returns of Elliot Yeo and Shannon Hurn from groin injuries for Saturday night’s clash with Essendon at Optus Stadium.
Two-time club champion Yeo has been sidelined since the round five loss to Geelong, while games record holder Hurn has missed the past two matches.
“Elliot has done a good block of work and has progressed really well from his adductor strain. If he has a good week of training this week he’ll be available for the weekend,” Head of Health Mark Finucane told westcoasteagles.com.au.
“Shannon has missed the last couple of weeks with the adductor. He settled down nicely and did a really big session on the weekend and just has to get through training this week to play on the weekend.”
After jarring his knee late in the heavy loss to Hawthorn, spearhead Oscar Allen will have a light start to the week before pushing to take his place, while stand-in captain Liam Duggan trained on Tuesday.
Full-back Tom Barrass and Luke Edwards have also overcome the bouts of illness which kept them out of the trip to Launceston last round.
The club is awaiting surgeon’s advice about dashing half-back Jamaine Jones’ ankle but he is facing a stint on the sidelines.
“JJ got landed on in an awkward tackling incident on the weekend. He is getting an opinion from a surgeon later this week as to whether it does require surgery or not,” Finucane said.
“At the moment we’ll see him stabilise in a boot and crutches and take the weight off that and we’ll get further clarity on his management going forward.”
With Yeo and Hurn set to return this week – plus draftee Coby Burgiel available again after a hamstring strain – the Eagles are gradually regaining some more players.
Skipper Luke Shuey and vice-captain Jeremy McGovern are also not far away from putting their hands up.
“Jeremy has done a power of work in the gym and his strength numbers have come up really nicely,” Finucane said.
“We’ll see him in more and more training over the next couple of weeks and build his high-speed running which is the latter stage rehabilitation from his hamstring.
“Luke is building his intensity of his running really well and will join the group tomorrow night at training and do extra speed before and extra volume after.
“His big sessions to mimic a game, he’s building those up. Will get a couple more weeks of that and hopefully see him back out there.”
Injury list:
Oscar Allen Knee Test
Tom Cole Ankle 6-7 weeks
Jamie Cripps Ankle 9-10 weeks
Jai Culley Knee Season
Jack Darling Arm 3-4 weeks
Shannon Hurn Adductor Test
Jamaine Jones Ankle TBC
Jeremy McGovern Hamstring 4-5 weeks
Nic Naitanui Achilles 6-7 weeks
Samo Petrevski-Seton Quad 2-3 weeks
Liam Ryan Hamstring 7-9 weeks
Luke Shuey Ankle/Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Isiah Winder Knee 7-9 weeks
Elliot Yeo Groin Test

Injury list was snuck out.

SJOG Health Care injury update: Round 11​

Head of Health Mark Finucane provides an update on West Coast's injured players ahead of round 11 against Essendon
By westcoasteagles.com.au - 3 hrs ago
InjuryReport-AFL-2023-WebHero.jpg

The West Coast Eagles could be boosted by the returns of Elliot Yeo and Shannon Hurn from groin injuries for Saturday night’s clash with Essendon at Optus Stadium.
Two-time club champion Yeo has been sidelined since the round five loss to Geelong, while games record holder Hurn has missed the past two matches.
“Elliot has done a good block of work and has progressed really well from his adductor strain. If he has a good week of training this week he’ll be available for the weekend,” Head of Health Mark Finucane told westcoasteagles.com.au.
“Shannon has missed the last couple of weeks with the adductor. He settled down nicely and did a really big session on the weekend and just has to get through training this week to play on the weekend.”
After jarring his knee late in the heavy loss to Hawthorn, spearhead Oscar Allen will have a light start to the week before pushing to take his place, while stand-in captain Liam Duggan trained on Tuesday.
Full-back Tom Barrass and Luke Edwards have also overcome the bouts of illness which kept them out of the trip to Launceston last round.
The club is awaiting surgeon’s advice about dashing half-back Jamaine Jones’ ankle but he is facing a stint on the sidelines.
“JJ got landed on in an awkward tackling incident on the weekend. He is getting an opinion from a surgeon later this week as to whether it does require surgery or not,” Finucane said.
“At the moment we’ll see him stabilise in a boot and crutches and take the weight off that and we’ll get further clarity on his management going forward.”
With Yeo and Hurn set to return this week – plus draftee Coby Burgiel available again after a hamstring strain – the Eagles are gradually regaining some more players.
Skipper Luke Shuey and vice-captain Jeremy McGovern are also not far away from putting their hands up.
“Jeremy has done a power of work in the gym and his strength numbers have come up really nicely,” Finucane said.
“We’ll see him in more and more training over the next couple of weeks and build his high-speed running which is the latter stage rehabilitation from his hamstring.
“Luke is building his intensity of his running really well and will join the group tomorrow night at training and do extra speed before and extra volume after.
“His big sessions to mimic a game, he’s building those up. Will get a couple more weeks of that and hopefully see him back out there.”
Injury list:
Oscar Allen Knee Test
Tom Cole Ankle 6-7 weeks
Jamie Cripps Ankle 9-10 weeks
Jai Culley Knee Season
Jack Darling Arm 3-4 weeks
Shannon Hurn Adductor Test
Jamaine Jones Ankle TBC
Jeremy McGovern Hamstring 4-5 weeks
Nic Naitanui Achilles 6-7 weeks
Samo Petrevski-Seton Quad 2-3 weeks
Liam Ryan Hamstring 7-9 weeks
Luke Shuey Ankle/Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Isiah Winder Knee 7-9 weeks
Elliot Yeo Groin Test
Looking better. No Duggan listed though - so I assume he will be our mystery injury for the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury SJOGHCIU - Offseason Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back