Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Voss has taken the enjoyment out of footy. Not only do we have no structure, we are horribly boring.

I don’t understand how you can have the last 2 Coleman winners and average less than 60 points for the last 25 games

Get rid of him, before the club loses the fans. I’m the least emotionally invested I’ve ever been in my 33 years

Who coaches the club is an emotional topic.
What is unemotional and just logical is that we need a new game plan. This one won't win us a flag, and the change will be more than a few tweaks.
We probably also need major list changes.
So on the topic of personnel, it is a question of who best carries us forward. It might be Voss, but he needs to be big enough to concede his game plan will not work. We have two years at least in front of us changing the list and the game plan...whether its Voss or somebody else. Cook and the Board should establish quickly whether Voss is adaptable enough to stay in the seat. He needs to concede his game plan is not going to work

Voss has taken the enjoyment out of footy. Not only do we have no structure, we are horribly boring.

I don’t understand how you can have the last 2 Coleman winners and average less than 60 points for the last 25 games

Get rid of him, before the club loses the fans. I’m the least emotionally invested I’ve ever been in my 33 years
Might be ok with top shelf help and being forced to change our style. Huge focus on quality player development can't happen soon enough.
Maybe ditch some of those extra coach positions and focus more on quality?

I love who Vossy is but tonight was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I was hoping that with the changes we'd see something else.

Instead we get the same insipid first half followed by frantic and energetic second half that still lacks any semblance of structure.

It almost feels intentional. You'd have to be brain dead to not know it wasn't working yet we're not willing to change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

0250e89e1a506909d0c271aa2ef83df8.jpg

Please walk

I feel he has said this every bloody game since round 4.

If he can’t change it and we have played the same garbage for months, he is obviously just a s**t coach.

I’m at this point of thinking now too. It either means he won’t change it up because he believes steadfastly in his method or the players aren’t listening to what he is saying. Either way, it shows that it is quickly reaching a point where he has to go because there’s seemingly a disconnect between coach and player either in game plan or ability to execute game plan.

So we get rid of another coach? Tell me how will that fix anything? we've had 347 coaches in the last 10 tears and ...............

I’m at this point of thinking now too. It either means he won’t change it up because he believes steadfastly in his method or the players aren’t listening to what he is saying. Either way, it shows that it is quickly reaching a point where he has to go because there’s seemingly a disconnect between coach and player either in game plan or ability to execute game plan.

Either the game plan is crap, the players aren’t following said game plan or a combination of the 2.

Neither scenario reflects well on Voss.

So we get rid of another coach? Tell me how will that fix anything? we've had 347 coaches in the last 10 tears and ...............

I know you are on the keep Voss train, but at what point do you jump off? Do you want him to see out his contract till the end of next season regardless?

Just say this keeps going into next year, and we finish last. Still keep Voss, sign him up again?

For the record we have had malty, Bolton, Teague and Voss last decade. I think you will find most clubs don’t hang onto coaches more than 3-4 years if they aren’t making any progress to finals.

In Voss’s case he has taken a side dramatically backwards who should be in their prime.

I know you are on the keep Voss train, but at what point do you jump off? Do you want him to see out his contract till the end of next season regardless?

Just say this keeps going into next year, and we finish last. Still keep Voss, sign him up again?

For the record we have had malty, Bolton, Teague and Voss last decade. I think you will find most clubs don’t hang onto coaches more than 3-4 years if they aren’t making any progress to finals.

In Voss’s case he has taken a side dramatically backwards who should be in their prime.
If as you say we finish last next year then his time is probably up. I don't see how he has taken us backwards, we played well last year, but before that???
I just think continually replacing coaches has no long term benefit for our club, we've done for years and where has it gotten us. I don't like referring to other clubs, but look at Bitchmond and Hardwick.

If as you say we finish last next year then his time is probably up. I don't see how he has taken us backwards, we played well last year, but before that???
I just think continually replacing coaches has no long term benefit for our club, we've done for years and where has it gotten us. I don't like referring to other clubs, but look at Bitchmond and Hardwick.

Richmond were on an upward trajectory and then had one bad year in 2016. Had made finals 3 years previous, won 15 home and away games in 2 different seasons, Voss has none of those credits in the bank.

I think the biggest black mark on Voss is his inflexibility when it comes to how we play. It hasn’t worked at all, and it’s getting worse in that we can’t even score at all with 2 Coleman medalists.

I do also think our fitness department have messed up, overcompensated from the injuries of last year and backed off, so now we just look flat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back