Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head here.
However I think Eleni struggles a fair bit.

Eleni is given a good run because she is a token feel good gesture by the AFL. But she is shocking.

I dont have an issue with any umpire except for those that dont do their job and frankly the standard of umpiring is possibly at its historical worst. The AFL could fix it overnight. All they need to do is remove the insane interpretations they force the umpires to adhere to avoid inconsistencies when all it does is create more ironically and just let the umpires umpire on their gut feel and instincts more.

Eleni is given a good run because she is a token feel good gesture by the AFL. But she is shocking.

I dont have an issue with any umpire except for those that dont do their job and frankly the standard of umpiring is possibly at its historical worst. The AFL could fix it overnight. All they need to do is remove the insane interpretations they force the umpires to adhere to avoid inconsistencies when all it does is create more ironically and just let the umpires umpire on their gut feel and instincts more.
No doubt the afl don’t help the umpires at all constantly changing rules.

No doubt the afl don’t help the umpires at all constantly changing rules.

Honestly, its not the umpires as an individual thats the problem. But if you're told to fight every instinct you have to pay a genuine holding the ball because the afl dictated your instinct doesnt fit the criteria then you are going to consistently second guess yourself and that leads to inconsistencies.

One thing I noticed, Nichols only killed us vs Geelong and Hawthorn. Very rarely killed us at other times.

The other umpire I couldn't stand when Nichols was killing us (vs them) was Shane McInerney.

But he's retired now.

These days the only umpire I can't stand is Fleer (#26)
Yeah, Fleer screws us everytime... but you are forgetting about #22 Nathan Williamson who is even worse!

Honestly, its not the umpires as an individual thats the problem. But if you're told to fight every instinct you have to pay a genuine holding the ball because the afl dictated your instinct doesnt fit the criteria then you are going to consistently second guess yourself and that leads to inconsistencies.
Disagree to a point... as some particular umpires are a problem.

Imo, an umpire should be banned from umpiring a side they have a significant net positive or negative differential.

No one seriously has an issue with the name the bombers or the logo??? Surely? What an utter piss take
I don't know .. if you lived in Kyiv you may find it weird

On the other hand it's better than what they were known as in a past life .. "the blood stained naggers"

I can't even remember why they jettisoned Clipsal?
1. It costs taxpayer money to bring and keep the event in South Australia - the Marshall government didn't think it was worth the return and the Malinauskas government does

2. Marshall and his friends live near Norwood, the area most affected by the road closures and noise

To be honest I don't think Gather Round is necessary ... but I'll bloody well take it for the good it does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I feel for people ravaged by war. But this is Australia, one of the most stable and safe countries in the world.

People are bloody snowflakes these days - sheesh. Have a cup of concrete, you soft campaigners.
Wouldn't mind knowing what the alternative name is going to be .. the bowlers (paying homage to the bowling club?)

Wouldn't mind knowing what the alternative name is going to be .. the bowlers (paying homage to the bowling club?)

I think they’re going to go down the Port/Melbourne path where they focus on being ‘Essendon Football Club’, but will keep Bombers as the mascot.

I also believe they want to lose the grey in their logo and just focus on red and black.

I think they’re going to go down the Port/Melbourne path where they focus on being ‘Essendon Football Club’, but will keep Bombers as the mascot.

I also believe they want to lose the grey in their logo and just focus on red and black.
Read somewhere that's its in the clubs constitution the strip they wear has to have a "red" sash

They do continually produce garbage away strips as a result

Look I feel for people ravaged by war. But this is Australia, one of the most stable and safe countries in the world.

People are bloody snowflakes these days - sheesh. Have a cup of concrete, you soft campaigners.

We have a pretty large Sudanese community in their neck of the woods, a lot of them have an all too recent recollection of wars.

That being said, I doubt the pushback is coming from them. It is probably upper middle class white snowflakes who probably don't even follow AFL.

No one seriously has an issue with the name the bombers or the logo??? Surely? What an utter piss take
I wonder who they would have polled. It was probably an online poll in some extreme lefty yuppy area that hates footy. Prior the Crows I was a Bomber fan and have extended family in the area at Tullamarine. Thet are more feral than PA supporters. That didn't come from bomber supporters.

I wonder who they would have polled. It was probably an online poll in some extreme lefty yuppy area that hates footy. Prior the Crows I was a Bomber fan and have extended family in the area at Tullamarine. Thet are more feral than PA supporters. That didn't come from bomber supporters.
The Logo and name "The Bombers" was signalled for change 8-9 years ago .....had a week of press, then it disappeared .....I'd suggest from feedback from ESS supporters

The Logo and name "The Bombers" was signalled for change 8-9 years ago .....had a week of press, then it disappeared .....I'd suggest from feedback from ESS supporters
Why though? Why does it need to be changed? Like Australia has an airforce, we have fighter pilots! It's a unique and cool team name.

Are the Bendigo Pioneers gonna change their name next because of the implications of colonialism??

PC police have gotten so out of hand

Why though? Why does it need to be changed? Like Australia has an airforce, we have fighter pilots! It's a unique and cool team name.

Are the Bendigo Pioneers gonna change their name next because of the implications of colonialism??

IIRC the topic was raised during the Afghanistan War

The most offensive name is the Port Adelaide Power

Power is referring to the power station near Port Adelaide, which is a fossil fuel gas power station. It's bad for the environment and that offends me. Hence the name Port Power is offensive.

Port should be forced to change their name to an available animal, such as a pigeon. Port Adelaide Pigeons has a nice ring to it

I’m waiting for Coonalpyn to have a name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back