Game Day Round 15: Collingwood vs. Adelaide, MCG Sun 25 June 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get the constant advocacy for dumping Johnson for Kreuger.
Kreuger has looked lucky, rather than controlled and deliberate in how he approaches the fwd craft.
His aggression is definitely a positive, but his blind leaping at unmarkable kicks shows a lack of team first discipline.
Until he can develop discipline and a team first approach I’d be inclined to let him play VFL.
Let him build his game there, and develop some more confidence and cogency in his fwd play and then we’ll know he’s ready.

Johnson was clearly hampered by the bad cork he coped against WC, so he should be forgiven for his last performance.
Was he clearly hampered or did he just not appreciate the pressure of a big game against a top team? Or perhaps I am just being a joy killer again. Personally, I'd be adding Kreuger but not at the expense of Johnson. Haven't really thought through who goes out, but I'd keep Johnson.

McInnes is 194cm and 87kgs according to AFL tables, Kreuger 196 & 88. Just saying.

I personally wouldn’t be rushing Kreuger but that change is hardly going to make us top heavy relative to the KB game.
McInnes should be dropped. Kreuger can take his place. If McInnes is 194cm, he doesn't seem to play to that height on the field.

That one wouldn’t actually surprise me because Kreuger has a lean body shape and McInnes has built his body up since joining us, but yeah it seems unlikely.
Kreugers head is also strangely too narrow and small for his shoulders and body.
Forceps birth?
Maybe that’s why he’s not weightier.

with no Mcstay and looking like no Elliott i would leave AJ & Reef in this week and basically tell them its up to them to keep their spot.

Markov plays full game either AFL or VFL. Sub Ginni or Harrison and the other plays

In Ginni
Out Harrison

Sub Harrison or Markov
It was meant to be one week and now it's morphing into a month. What is going on?

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Charlie DeanFootSeason
Jamie ElliottShoulderTest
Jeremy HoweForearmTBC
Dan McStayFingerTBC
Joe RichardsHamstringTest
Steele SidebottomKnee1-2 weeks
Updated: June 20, 2023

Early prognosis​

McStay has been ruled out of Sunday's game against Adelaide and will miss a few more weeks after suffering an infection in the finger he had surgery on back in April. Elliott has missed the past two games due to a shoulder injury and will need to prove his fitness this week. Sidebottom and Howe are both closing in on returns. – Josh Gabelich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who comes out for howe from the backline? Tough selection
Call me crazy, but I’d consider dropping Cameron for Howe. Cox to ruck full time, Frampton to chop out and otherwise play forward to take pressure off Mihocek/Johnson (he would also be a contingency swing man if height is needed down back). I feel like this would give us better mobility and flexibility.

I think there is almost no chance it happens, though, probably because it has no chance of working and I’m too dumb to see it.

Call me crazy, but I’d consider dropping Cameron for Howe. Cox to ruck full time, Frampton to chop out and otherwise play forward to take pressure off Mihocek/Johnson (he would also be a contingency swing man if height is needed down back). I feel like this would give us better mobility and flexibility.

I think there is almost no chance it happens, though, probably because it has no chance of working and I’m too dumb to see it.
Howe needs a week or two in the VFL.

Howe medically cleared, he's not a VFL standard bring back through, he's straight back in imo

Just saying on 360 now been in full training for 4-6 weeks now.

Easy change for me, Howe in and WHE out. Give Harrison another week imo

If Elliott is fit, he's in for Reef

IQ, Frampton, Maynard
Howe, Moore, Murphy
Crisp, N Daicos, J Daicos
Lipinski, Mihocek, McCreery
Bobby, Cox, AJ
Cameron, Titch, Pendlebury
Adams, Noble, Harrison, Elliott
sub - Reef

Great to see Howey could potentially play this weekend. Be a huge injection to the team in the 2nd half of the season. Any chance he could play as the sub this Sunday, and ease him back into senior footy, or maybe even play him as a forward this Sunday?

Cameron out for me. Go with Cox as sole ruck, think he plays better than when he shares it.
Harrison out as well, yes he has performed better than McInness but I feel like reef keeps having almost games and would like to see him have a month in the team to show something.
Kreuger in. Didn't really want this, wanted to see a month in vfl without injury but limited options with mcstay out.
Ginnivan in, still one of our better players at setting up opportunities, just needs to get more involved.
Swap Markov and ruscoe as sub

We're in the business of winning a flag this season, not developing players.

Reef has shown that he's not quite up to it at this point in time.

His only hope of a reprieve is if Elliott isn't quite ready.

Regardless, i'd rather Howe come in and play forward this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back