Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bittersweet for me as absolutely no one I know in this godforsaken country cares about cricket. What's the point of beating England if I can't be obnoxious about it
You need to move to the Surrey or East Yorkshire.

Actually, **** that šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

There are at least two US teenagers in the last twenty-five years that have built functional nuclear fusion reactors. One built it in his backyard, and was arrested when the cops caught him with radioactive materials in the boot of his car. When assessing the damage, serious levels of radiation were detected a block away.

The other one was a bit less of a loner and got the help of the local uni to build it in their lab instead, so they could supervise.
David Hahn!
I remember listening to a Dollop episode about him. Got all his stuff from smoke detectors, I think
Crazy story.

tumblr_lejgvhDKGq1qfdgpto1_400.gif
ā€œQuite rareā€

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are at least two US teenagers in the last twenty-five years that have built functional nuclear fusion reactors. One built it in his backyard, and was arrested when the cops caught him with radioactive materials in the boot of his car. When assessing the damage, serious levels of radiation were detected a block away.

The other one was a bit less of a loner and got the help of the local uni to build it in their lab instead, so they could supervise.
Good book. Mushroom, the story of the A Bomb Kid.

An actual letter signed by a bunch of concerned experts (oceanographers, divers, scientists, etc) was sent to this company warning about how dodgy it was and the potential for catastrophic failure...

This literally seems like something the bloke knocked up in his back shed lol

A half decent boilermaker could put this together in his spare time with offcuts from whatever he happened working on at his real job.

This sounds like the equivalent of me building a rocket my backyard and offering flights to the moon
* Not responsible for any explosive deaths.

Dad built a glider in the backyard in the early 70s

Mum made him sell it before it was completed.

Always wondered how that worked out for the guy who brought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back