List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't we just make Elliott a defender? He played there as junior. He has skills, I thought in the one game he did play in defence this year he did pretty good, granted it was only half a game but it wasn't bad
Cause he’s the laziest player on earth and his idea of defending when he hasnt got the ball is him jogging along 5m behind his opponent..

i cant believe anyone could see a defender in him..

Murray injury shouldn't be a factor in list management for 2024 - unless it's bringing in a rookie KPD as cover - we shouldn't use any valuable currency to cover for 12 months.

Re the Grundy situation...

Melbourne get rid of him for a salary dump, right?

If that's the case, could we get him relatively cheap - and on the flipside, what currency would RoB have?

Murray injury shouldn't be a factor in list management for 2024 - unless it's bringing in a rookie KPD as cover - we shouldn't use any valuable currency to cover for 12 months.

If that's the case, could we get him relatively cheap - and on the flipside, what currency would RoB have?
I read somewhere that Collingwood only pay part of the salary at Melbourne so if he’s traded on, it’s between Melbourne and the new club to make up the salary

Tarryn Thomas?..

sh*t bloke.. but good player.

had his charges dropped a week or so ago..

Hey.. stop throwing sh*t at me.. we desperately need a mid with skills and x-factor!

throw the kitchen sink (so the deal we had in front of Redman) at Flanders.

see if we can grab Hollands too..

fxxk.. just do something..

You just know this club is gonna cautiously nana its way through yet another trade period.

Tarryn Thomas?..

sh*t bloke.. but good player.

had his charges dropped a week or so ago..

Hey.. stop throwing sh*t at me.. we desperately need a mid with skills and x-factor!

throw the kitchen sink (so the deal we had in front of Redman) at Flanders.

see if we can grab Hollands too..

fxxk.. just do something..

You just know this club is gonna cautiously nana its way through yet another trade period.

No thanks to Tarryn, I think the risk of further issues is too significant.

You watch Port.. they’ve got sweet fxxk all to bargain with.. basically the fluff in their fxxkn pockets..

but they’ll end up trading in Rategolea, Grundy and Zirk-Thatcher and still take a half decent pick to the draft.. all whilst our club are still standing around scratching their arses and umming and ahhring..

you just know its gonna happen.

And then we’ll have Nicksy front the cameras after trade week with a stupid sh*t eating grin on his face whilst he gives us a whole heap of pissant excuses and nonsense about how “things didnt go fully to plan but its all good.. did you see we resigned Murph for another two years”

fxxkn sick of it.

You watch Port.. they’ve got sweet fxxk all to bargain with.. basically the fluff in their fxxkn pockets..

but they’ll end up trading in Rategolea, Grundy and Zirk-Thatcher and still take a half decent pick to the draft.. all whilst our club are still standing around scratching their arses and umming and ahhring..

you just know its gonna happen.

And then we’ll have Nicksy front the cameras after trade week with a stupid sh*t eating grin on his face whilst he gives us a whole heap of pissant excuses and nonsense about how “things didnt go fully to plan but its all good.. did you see we resigned Murph for another two years”

fxxkn sick of it.
Yawn, we’ve traded in two of our top five players over the past two years

There’ll be a plan, getting Redman isn’t the end of the world. We need to be creative, though (although the club hasn’t been the most creative with recent trades)

The problem with ROB is going to be the reported $600-$650K salary that comes with him. Don't think there's enough teams desperate to pay an average to above average ruck decent money when you can probably find a backup ruck with potential to be as good or better whose just looking for an opportunity to start for half the price.

What… like Stengle?..

how many further indiscretions have we seen from young Tyson since we swiftly broomed that now AA premiership player out the door?

Stengle doing coke didn't bother me, I think Thomas's issues are significantly more serious;

Yawn, we’ve traded in two of our top five players over the past two years

There’ll be a plan, getting Redman isn’t the end of the world. We need to be creative, though (although the club hasn’t been the most creative with recent trades)
Dawson and Rankine were never going to play anywhere else but for the crows..

it was no mean feat to get them to come over.. we got Dawson for a steal but with Rankine I definitely thought we couldve been a bit more creative with that deal..

Stengle doing coke didn't bother me, I think Thomas's issues are significantly more serious;

His charges have now been dropped… had to pay a $1000 fine to charity.

he’s a dickhead I know.. but for all we know he’s been taught a valuable lesson and he’s pulled his fxxkn head in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at those still out of contract.

Seedsman and McCasey are gone

Sloane and Doedee will play out in coming months.

All of McPherson, Brown, Crouch, Hately, Borlase, NewChurch and Keane will have to wait for now or will he cut.

Still having McAdam and Murphy unsigned are the two interesting ones left. We are not getting anything for Murphy in a trade so surely he signs. Maybe the debate is over the years of the contract for both.

Last edited:
Need one of them to get to Redman or prime Smith levels

Having a bunch of solid-to-good HBFers isn’t going to cut it
You are so wrong on this assessment of our list

Jeffcrowe ......well, that's the end of our DEF .....might as well pack up & go home now ;)

No-one apparently could do what Redman does ......not Max, not Worrell .....not Hinge

View attachment 1755580

View attachment 1755581
Good players are good players and we could do with more of them , especially experienced ones

Disappointed , will be a huge setback if we don’t get 1-2 B+ Min experienced players through the door at end of season

Good players are good players and we could do with more of them , especially experienced ones

Disappointed , will be a huge setback if we don’t get 1-2 B+ Min experienced players through the door at end of season
I'm not disappointed Jeff .....I see Redman play every week .....yep, he can be flashy, but he can also be very quiet

His influence died on the weekend, as soon as Ridley did his Quad ........he's good in the air, has good dash .....but not great at defending, as we saw on the weekend ......all dash from the ESS defenders, but beaten man on man

Look at Petty for a second round pick.

I would throw the sink at LDU (doubt North will even listen. The other players we should target Smith and Callaghan. If we couldn’t budge on those mids, Saunders would be the option in the draft.
Petty has just signed a new Contract IIRC .......good player though 👍

I'm not disappointed Jeff .....I see Redman play every week .....yep, he can be flashy, but he can also be very quiet

His influence died on the weekend, as soon as Ridley did his Quad ........he's good in the air, has good dash .....but not great at defending, as we saw on the weekend ......all dash from the ESS defenders, but beaten man on man
No matter how you rate him personally he’s a top 3 best and fairest placer last year and likely top 5 this year

This is on a list of players that seem to be better than ours

So it’s like saying ‘ we don’t need someone who would be in our top 5 performers ‘

Or ‘ we don’t really need to get better ‘

Doesn’t make sense , and given smiths age and form it makes even less sense to feel this way

No matter how you rate him personally he’s a top 3 best and fairest placer last year and likely top 5 this year

This is on a list of players that seem to be better than ours

So it’s like saying ‘ we don’t need someone who would be in our top 5 performers ‘

Or ‘ we don’t really need to get better ‘

Doesn’t make sense , and given smiths age and form it makes even less sense to feel this way
It makes perfect sense, if you have the role already covered ......instead of desiring Redman, what we needed to focus on was trading for a KPD ......said that all year, and the weekend confirmed why

We miss Redman, and we are largely unaffected .....Redman was a "want" not a "need"

Redman news in s**t because it means Brodie Smith is probably going to stay in the team and help out the opposition for multiple years now.

I suppose Bailey Williams might still be an option if they want to look at a free agent now, he still hasn’t signed even though they said he would. But with basically no viable free agent options (Himmelberg never coming) it’s going to come down to trying to convince contracted players with cash & opportunity to leave in-contract.

There’s not many midfielders that fit the age profile/place in team to temp to chuck the inflated amount of cash to & would also cost high pick(s)?

Zac Bailey (BRI)
Tom Sparrow (MEL)
Max Holmes (GEE)
James Rowbottom (SYD)

Then you have some lower cost midfield options that have struggled for games at their current club;

Dylan Stephens (SYD)
James Jordan (MEL)
Brandon Parfitt (GEE)
Harry Morrison (HAW)
Trent Bianco (COL)

Then youngsters their current clubs will want to desperately hold on to and won’t want to let leave that would maybe cost a highish pick (s);

Sam Flanders (GC)
Elijah Hollands (GC)
Tom Powell (NM)

Then you have Key Position targets

High Cost (Picks & $);
Brennan Cox (FRE)
Harrison Petty (MEL)
Esava Ratugolea (GEE)
Brandon Zerk-Thatcher (ESS)

Medium Cost
Lewis Young (CAR)
Jacob Koschitzke (HAW)

Low Cost
Caleb Graham (GC)
Leek Aleer (GWS)
Kaine Baldwin (ESS)
Good summary

Add Deven Robertson to lower cost list re mids

Also Jack Ross looks pretty good lately but also seems entrenched

Jarrod Berry and Jack Macrae are ones that interest me as they aren’t getting centre square time like they used to and are serious inside mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back