Certified Legendary Thread We can win this year premership

Remove this Banner Ad

Epic thread.
Eerily enough the original post from Scrag that prompted topdog's rebuttal (see above) could still be argued. We still have games where the forwards are more miss than hit.

Anyway let's hope topdog's magic still works.

God this thread is beautiful and upsetting.
Send this to the players. Do it for top dog (and to piss off andrew dunkley). Keep jones fit and we can win it

(Ps apologies for name I tried to predict when we’d win it and got it wrong by a year!)

A Dunkley logging in to BF to call Bont an ostrich amidst Josh’s trade request to Essendon may be close in status to this legendary top dog post.

Obviously everything needs to go right, but if we can be injury free we can beat anyone. We only need to win the next 7 games, in fact we could lose the 3rd game in the next 7 and we are premiers! Get on the MCG in September, hopefully on dry sunny afternoons and we will smash most teams.

Thanks a lot Dannnnnnnnnn ! Thought I'd catch up on BF over my coffee break, and now I seem to have something in my eye...

RIP topdog69 - even being the son of post-war migrants used to Manglish, I found his posts a challenge - but you couldn't question the RW&B in his heart. One day when the redev is finished at WO, I might get one of those adhesive trophy nameplates with his name on it and put it somewhere not too obvious.

Think it was deleted from here, but I reckon Andrew Dunkley might have a screen shot!
Just a side note:

Did anyone else hear Andrew interviewed by 'Roaming Brian' after a game earlier in the season?
Asked was he enjoying footy at the Gabba, he complained that his seat was ordinary compared to the Level 2 seats the Dogs provided at Marvel 😄

Will that bloke ever be happy?

Just a side note:

Did anyone else hear Andrew interviewed by 'Roaming Brian' after a game earlier in the season?
Asked was he enjoying footy at the Gabba, he complained that his seat was ordinary compared to the Level 2 seats the Dogs provided at Marvel 😄

He should just get his son to pay for the best seat in the house and STFU.
I reckon Josh could afford it. It's for his father and apparent mentor after all.

Just a side note:

So now he only has 15 more clubs to work his (and/or Josh's) way through! 😄

Just a side note:

I reckon when the Swans players have a reunion they mysteriously lose his phone number ….

This thread reminds me of the unbridled joy experienced in this forum in 2016 . Makes me think I shouldn’t be so hard on old Bevo and if any coach can pull it off from 4 - 8 on the ladder he might still have the old magic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm...
Now that you mention it, would anyone really be shocked if he plays with a third club at some point?

Late in the 2026 season, mysterious family member posts on BF Lions forum: "Fagan and the leadership team are a bunch of ostriches. And how many times can Zorko act like a pillock?"

2026 as trade period ends, Josh addresses his move: "I've always wanted to play under Toby and Kinga at GWS, they're great blokes. And they're such a professional club."

Mid-2027 Andrew interviewed at a Canberra 'home' game: "I'd forgotten what sh1t holes AFL stadiums are in Sydney and Canberra. At least the Gabba has brightly coloured seats, I had a nice maroon one I could sit in and glower."

Late 2028, ostriches are referenced on the largely unpopulated BF GWS board....

And Adrian Dodoro's unrequited love for Josh could finally be consumated...

Last edited:
As weird as it sounds, things like this thread make me think the universe is connected in some way.

Just the whole background to it, his history on this site, him passing away during the year, we actually win the thing in ridiculously hard circumstances. It's just all so improbable.

Blows my mind.

As weird as it sounds, things like this thread make me think the universe is connected in some way.

Just the whole background to it, his history on this site, him passing away during the year, we actually win the thing in ridiculously hard circumstances. It's just all so improbable.

Blows my mind.

I like to think topdog69, cammo, etc probably drove Dog mad endlessly asking for a Bulldogs' flag. Think it was a higher power than Gil acting as the umpires' observer that day! 😄

Or maybe topdog69's optimism in the face of personal adversity tilted the universe in our favour. ❤ 🔴⚪🔵

Hey Mods- Did you ever consider lifting the email that Topdog signed up with and emailing his family a little note letting them know there's a whole community here that misses him and enjoyed interacting with him for some years? I know I wouldn't be opposed to getting an email like that.

Last edited:
We only need to win the next 7 games
Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

woof GIF by Super Simple

Woof woof

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread We can win this year premership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back