List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why does everyone keep saying freo will “get nothing” for him next year?..

At a minimum they will get band 2 or 3 compo.. which is a second round pick.

So why the fxxk would they jetison him a year early for the same?..

They wouldnt.

If we chase Cox this year.. Freo will demand nothing less than our pick 9 and tell us to GAGF’d if we refuse to hand it over.

They have all the power in any trade.
If he wants to come home, Freo really have no say, why hang on to a man who who may not want to be at your club, for him to leave next year.

it wont happen. It will at max include 1 or 2 of our second round picks which are top of the second round picks, and maybe a mcadam/himmelberg/hammil.
I can tell you with certainty freo are not accepting any less than your first round pick. Especially in this draft where a pick 20 will get pushed back to around 30.

Why are people suggesting we give away a top 10 pick for a kpd who will be a free agent next year?
Who said anything about a top 10 pick. Our score against cost us finals and we have Murray out, Doedee likely leaving and Butts and Borlase who aren't up to it. I would say that a key defender is our biggest priority next to a better ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but that doesn't mean they should be trading him for a pile of beans. If he wants to go, Freo have every right to expect a reasonable return.
Pick 19, 23 and mcadam is a pile of beans? I wouldn't hate giving them our future 1st if we have welsh locked up, or using those two picks to trade into the 1st round.

Pick 19, 23 and mcadam is a pile of beans? I wouldn't hate giving them our future 1st if we have welsh locked up, or using those two picks to trade into the 1st round.
This is what you previously proposed:
it wont happen. It will at max include 1 or 2 of our second round picks which are top of the second round picks, and maybe a mcadam/himmelberg/hammil.
1 doesn't come close to getting the job done - and quite frankly, it's insulting to Freo.

2 improves the deal, but is still probably of only limited interest to Freo. They are quite within their rights to demand our 1st round pick, and it's not an unfair price for them to be demanding.

Midfield depth. That’s more likely to come through the draft rather than at the trade table. But could they look at fringe Collingwood midfielders Josh Carmichael and Finlay Macrae, who’ve been tearing it up in the VFL but struggled to cement their spots in the AFL side? West Adelaide Carmichael could appeal considering he’s 23 years old and an SA product.

carmichael is a victorian who we recruited from merbein. more great journalism from fox footy

Should have just given McAdam, Murphy's dollars and offer him 3 years.

Even if McAdam has a limp 3rd year it will be far greater than anything Murphy produces in his 2.
I doubt money is the issue. Adelaide doesn't have salary cap pressures at present.

Would love Hollands. But then again I was so happy when we snagged Troy Menzel

Doubt we’ll be seeing any of what your claiming whilst we still have a SANFL finals series to contend in…
Sorry, didn't mean they would be announced this week.
More the McAdam and Doedee options maybe getting a sense of it this week.

The others obviously once they finish.

Will be interesting to see if Crouch plays, or will he pull a Jacobs?

This is what you previously proposed:

1 doesn't come close to getting the job done - and quite frankly, it's insulting to Freo.

2 improves the deal, but is still probably of only limited interest to Freo. They are quite within their rights to demand our 1st round pick, and it's not an unfair price for them to be demanding.
would you feel comfortable giving up pick 9 for him?

Would love Hollands. But then again I was so happy when we snagged Troy Menzel
I wonder what Gold Coast are looking for in regards to their pick 4?

Is it likely there will be a bid on one of their players before hand? If so, how many points this year will they be after? I'd be very keen to see us make a jump up the draft order and a play for Hollands as well. I know he hasn't set the world on fire, but he has ability. Good time to get him working with Burgess and see if he can make himself a player?

Of course none of it will matter as Gold Coast will probably trade Pick 4 + Hollands + Flanders to Geelong for pick 40 and a future 4th rounder. The AFL will see it as a very sensible trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back