List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office
Yeah , Takes Two to fish

Does anyone know where I can get a Paddy Dow costume??

Heath is 21 soon going on 22 end of next season
Can’t protect him for ever he is up to it or not

I commented earlier about Gawns progress after being drafted.
I'll expand.
First Season , no games.
Second Season, 4 games, High 23 hitouts, 8 disposals. 1 goal for the season.
Third Season , no games.
Fourth Season, 13 games , High games, 38 hitouts 9 disposals, or 25 hitouts 18 disposals. 7 goals for the season.
Fifth Season , 9 games , High..23 hitouts , 9 disposals, or 6 hitouts 19 disposals. 4 goals for the season.
6th Season, 13 games. A 58 hitout 18 disposal game against Essendon. 6 goals for the Season.
7th Season, 22 games, lots of hitiouts, lots of disposals 16 goals.

I don't expect Heath to track faster than that. I'd hope he gets a few opportunities next season, probably best starting him as a forward with relief duties. Won't be calling for him to be delisted if he spuds up a couple.

Rucks take longer.

I commented earlier about Gawns progress after being drafted.
I'll expand.
First Season , no games.
Second Season, 4 games, High 23 hitouts, 8 disposals. 1 goal for the season.
Third Season , no games.
Fourth Season, 13 games , High games, 38 hitouts 9 disposals, or 25 hitouts 18 disposals. 7 goals for the season.
Fifth Season , 9 games , High..23 hitouts , 9 disposals, or 6 hitouts 19 disposals. 4 goals for the season.
6th Season, 13 games. A 58 hitout 18 disposal game against Essendon. 6 goals for the Season.
7th Season, 22 games, lots of hitiouts, lots of disposals 16 goals.

I don't expect Heath to track faster than that. I'd hope he gets a few opportunities next season, probably best starting him as a forward with relief duties. Won't be calling for him to be delisted if he spuds up a couple.

Rucks take longer.
And at least he has some forward craft , no star but at least has some idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think we need to see Heath play AFL at some stage next year. I know he is young and raw, but the narrative around him has been identical for 2 1/2 seasons. A next step needs to happen sooner rather than later or never at all.

On the other hand (and yes, I'm replying to myself), here is Rowan Marshall's AFL stats at the same age Heath is now

Him and his family also despise everything about that football club.

People don't even try when making up these rumours anymore.

Besides , Gringo already confirmed we were trading Higgins for Heeney, or at least mentioned them both in the same post.

I would think we need to see Heath play AFL at some stage next year. I know he is young and raw, but the narrative around him has been identical for 2 1/2 seasons. A next step needs to happen sooner rather than later or never at all.
Tad harsh i think , he is a big kid not a ready made mid

So we have one genuine ruck on our list in Roma and you would rather persist with using Hayes - who isn’t a ruck and barely been on the park in the last 18 months.

Hammer - who is anything but a ruck and if asked to do it full time would struggle.

Owens - repeat as above.

And then all the rest who are saying, keep and use Tom Campbell 😂

The guy is 32 in November. Has played 2 games for us in 2 years - including none this year. Who at 3 clubs wasn’t even close to holding the #1 or #2 ruck mantle - clearly evidenced by his massive 52 games across 3 clubs and never having once played more then 9 games in a season in his 10 years.

And lastly Heath, isn’t ready and if it came to throwing him in for large runs. Would be detrimental to us and himself.

Meanwhile 35 year old Goldstein just played another 20 afl games this year to bring his career total to 315 games. Highlighting his durability and talent
I get all this.
But Goldy will expect to play seniors.
As great as Roma is, he's not a fabulous forward.
So how do we play them? Sounds a bit like a Gawn / Grundy dilemma unless I'm missing something?

I feel a pick in the 20s seems about right. What you paid for Hill. It gives him a value rated on potential but if he busts there isn't too much spent. Seems the right balance to me.

From what I can see most Dockers supporters feel about the same. Has had a cracking last 10 weeks of the season, really showed what he can do but struggled a bit before that.
Keeping in mind his first whole season was lost to a dislocated knee cap which took him a long time to recover from, that and he weighed all of 50 kg.
Since he’s put on a little bit of muscle and got confidence in his body he has improved out of sight.
Should be a good pick up for you at that price, a lot of potential.
I think most of us are realists though that his exposed form (prior to the second half of this season) wouldn’t warrant any more than this.
Should be an easy one to do if you can get something in the 20’s (preferably low 20’s!!)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back