List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark, Coffield, McKenzie, Jones and Gresham are all OOC.

Depending on the media outlet, I’ve heard various reports that have each of them staying or each of them leaving.

In order of likelihood, how many re-sign with the club?
3,4, 2,5,1,0

No to Boak
Turns 74 next month ffs

Maybe we could get him so we then get dibs on the leagues first 'grandfather/grandson' pick?

Darcy Parish and Lachie Neale average 3.6 and 3.5 centre clearances per game.
Interestingly this year Paddy Dow averaged 2.4 which is better than StKilda's best , Steele with 2.1 ( = 27th in the AFL ).
Crouch averaged 2, and Hayes had 2 in his only game.

Marshall averaged 1.5, the same as Seb Ross.

Gresh averaged a very respectful ~2.3 for the last few (injury interrupted) years before this year.

Him going at a pathetic 0.6 average this year, plus jones out and clark also going backwards....really kill us in the guts.

20230914_171521-COLLAGE.jpg

Like TDK as long as he's showing improvement in the VFL he'll stay listed for a while. Young rucks don't usually show much until mid 20s. He's looking okay with some stand out moments but still looks a bit of a way off. Sometimes playing them makes them step up though. Opportunity can create heroes.
I think he's due a drip feeding game or two next year. Max will be injured at some stage (has been in every other year at some point) Heath's kicked goals in the VFL, and is a big lump of a thing. He can at least charge through a few defenders along the way. We have other forwards that can step up. Put him in against weaker opposition so it doesn't sting us too much.

Maybe we could get him so we then get dibs on the leagues first 'grandfather/grandson' pick?

Gresh averaged a very respectful ~2.3 for the last few (injury interrupted) years before this year.

Him going at a pathetic 0.6 average this year, plus jones out and clark also going backwards....really kill us in the guts.

View attachment 1802784

Even if his role is primarily as a forward, there is no reason he can't go into the middle for a ball up.
Maybe that part of his game didn't really click with Lyon.

So like an ITB and hamstring massage from your 25 year old female physiotherapist, there was some slight movement - in the dumb trade suggestions today.

Momentum is under way, but the hysteric long shots have yet to emerge

Hypothecials

Phillipou for a 12-14 pick

Steele for an 18 y.o potential

Alison to North for a 3rd

Trade Ross because he once went @50% DE

Higgins traded back to Richmond

So like an ITB and hamstring massage from your 25 year old female physiotherapist, there was some slight movement - in the dumb trade suggestions today.

Momentum is under way, but the hysteric long shots have yet to emerge

Hypothecials

Phillipou for a 12-14 pick

Steele for an 18 y.o potential

Alison to North for a 3rd

Trade Ross because he once went @50% DE

Higgins traded back to Richmond

There was concern that Wanganeen-Milera will want to go back to Adelaide, so we cleverly threw him a 2 year contract.
Trouble is that contract will expire next year , and the concerns will return.
Best to pre-empt it all and trade him for maximum price this year.

Nas for Port's first rounder and Narkle.

am i doing it right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was concern that Wanganeen-Milera will want to go back to Adelaide, so we cleverly threw him a 2 year contract.
Trouble is that contract will expire next year , and the concerns will return.
Best to pre-empt it all and trade him for maximum price this year.

Nas for Port's first rounder and Narkle.

am i doing it right?
Yep, you have the job

Even if his role is primarily as a forward, there is no reason he can't go into the middle for a ball up.
Maybe that part of his game didn't really click with Lyon.

Gresh said himself in an interview earlier in the year that lyon had him playing the role he personally preferred- which was mainly fwd and occassional bursts in the midfield.

It certainly has all turned to custard this year between the team and gresh.
How much or little is due to lyon is unclear I think.

Seems to me like it was mostly a gresh problem- perhaps the combination of dealing with a new RL system and going for a big RFA contract was all too much pressure for him?

I hope he stays personally- he's been nowhere near even his average level this year.
He'll perform far better next year (and every year after) wherever he happens to be playing.

Agree. I’m sick of Clark. Some of his efforts on sat were ****ed. And I’m sick of having jones sit on the sideline all year. Even when he is fit he’s a b grader at best. Not taking us anyway
A couple of times, Jones looked like he could be a thing, only for his achilles, calf's & hamstrings to go pinggggg

I for one would love Dow, I think he’s been terribly misused by the Blues and he adds exactly what we have a shortage of, genuine clean use inside.
He’s a great kid and whether it’s us or somewhere else I hope he gets the fresh start he deserves.
Something tells me Ross would get the best out of him.

Yes to be it really is a no brainer to get him, given our needs and who is available. Plus his acquisition cost will be low.

He also is now of the age when he could also even get better.

So Dylan Stephens anyone?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back