Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the AFL let Weitering play and say Cripps didn’t have to enter protocols but give Pickett 6 months suspension
Logically if Cripps wasn’t concussed Kozi could only possibly get 1 week (which he should for being a useless sniper)

Yeah nah, on paper Brisbane will ****ing annihilate Carlton in the prelim. I’m sorry but they ‘just’ beat Sydney a team that shouldn’t have even been in finals, and they ‘just’ beat Melbourne who heavily choked again (4 finals losses in a row lmao, 9 goals 17 behinds).

The blues ceiling is even higher than tonight, they’ll have McKay and Martin coming back, and there’s a bit of a story building about Voss going back to Brissy, so they could rock up for upset of the year at the Gabba, especially since Brisbane have a dodgy prelim record, but cmon, Brisbane are a class above, they’ll have the supporter home ground advantage, surely they just obliterate the blues… surely.

Best case (IMO) - non-Vic GF between GWS and Brisbane.

Worst case but arguably most entertaining - Collingwood Carlton GF.

Most likely - Collingwood Brisbane GF.

For now, im just happy that any discussion of a Melbourne dynasty is now closed.

Yeah nah, on paper Brisbane will ******* annihilate Carlton in the prelim. I’m sorry but they ‘just’ beat Sydney a team that shouldn’t have even been in finals, and they ‘just’ beat Melbourne who heavily choked again (4 finals losses in a row lmao, 9 goals 17 behinds).

The blues ceiling is even higher than tonight, they’ll have McKay and Martin coming back, and there’s a bit of a story building about Voss going back to Brissy, so they could rock up for upset of the year at the Gabba, especially since Brisbane have a dodgy prelim record, but cmon, Brisbane are a class above, they’ll have the supporter home ground advantage, surely they just obliterate the blues… surely.

Best case (IMO) - non-Vic GF between GWS and Brisbane.

Worst case but arguably most entertaining - Collingwood Carlton GF.

For now, im just happy that any discussion of a Melbourne dynasty is now closed.
Anything that doesn’t result in the blue scum making or potentially winning a grand final is better.

If they win one before us. I’m done with this sport.

Pies v Blues GF is an AFL wet dream. 100K+ attendance and $$$$$ through the roof.

It will be 100k no matter who Collingwood play, even against Brisbane they will pack the joint, the hype will be bigger with Carlton though.

Collingwood may not make it though, if GWS can knock off Port tomorrow I would give them a chance of knocking off the Pies in a prelim.

A Brisbane v GWS GF would be the AFL's worst nightmare, they might need to give away some tickets to pack the joint.

Yet another shitty list management decision.
Imagine being out-manoeuvred by Peter Bell. We were pathetically desperate for a big fish, and he totally saw us coming. Shameful. And the big fish was rubbish for the first 2 years of his contract to make things worse. Starting to see Brad's true value under Ross, but we need more finals for him to show his class in. Another good thing about Brad is that it has helped influence Paddy Ryder and Liam Henry to become Saints.

But it's painful watching Blake Acres finally deliver for the bloody enemy. Imagine if Gresham becomes the cornerstone of Essendon's future success. The boiling vinegar might disolve my internal organs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Saints Dreamons composite team could destroy all comers.

Their backs and ours their mids our forwards. Who beats that?
B: Wilkie May Rivers
HB: Sinclair Lever Wanganeen-Milera
C: Wood Viney Brayshaw
HF: Petracca Membrey Pickett
F: Butler King Fritsch
Foll: Gawn Oliver Steele
I/C: Marshall Crouch Ross Hill
Sub: Owens

Not a bad outfit

Looking through melbournes list, they are extremely top heavy, as after their top 8 or so, they dont have many who stand out

struggled to pick the 2nd back pocket couldve gone Webster, but liked what i saw of Rivers this year.

P.S. jeez, what has happened to all the lockdown back pockets in the league? A couple years ago every team had one they thought was underrated and the best one in the league, but the Gearys, Neville Jettas and brad sheppards of the world have been phased out by the looks of it

It will be 100k no matter who Collingwood play, even against Brisbane they will pack the joint, the hype will be bigger with Carlton though.

Collingwood may not make it though, if GWS can knock off Port tomorrow I would give them a chance of knocking off the Pies in a prelim.

A Brisbane v GWS GF would be the AFL's worst nightmare, they might need to give away some tickets to pack the joint.

It's TV and media exposure though. A trillion new memberships next year etc.

Pretty rare that the worse of the two sides wins two finals but strong argument that Carlton did against the swans and the dees (and yeh bad kicking is bad footy blah blah blah).

Still incredible atmosphere, nearly blew the doors off the joint when acres kicked the last.

Carlton just have a really good top 5-10 and then genuine garbage water after it add to that none of the stars will play a role. Melbourne is similar tbh.

I like Pepsi, i'm not going to pay $50 for a can.

Anyone that tries to justify our drafting and list management over the last 15 years needs their heads read. We didn't lose many players....because most were garbage and we paid them like champions. We barely kept any good ones. We are about to go and do the same technique by selling off another round of players cheap hoping to find another bunch of kids. They'd better not **** it up.

God I hope that happens just for the comedy.

Yeap we’ve bought in to the media bulldust and undervalued our players at the trade table for years. Not surprising to see one come back to bite us.

Fans justify it by saying they're all crap but Hickey and Bruce both playing in GF sides shows that they were worth more than the pocket change we got. Bruce was helping Naughton. He's shit without him as a foil. King would probably have come on quicker with the same service. If you are going to trade out at least get something back. We have pretty much nothing to show from that era of getting back into drafts and trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back