Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

1977 as a 7 yo, these are my oldest memories of being a Magpie and football.

The tease of that year, then the draw, then heartbreak.

The family is Magpie, the link is the late Great Daniel Minogue, 1st cousin of my late Great 'Spike' Minogue, my grandfather.

Of course I am hardened with steely resolve going through the horrors of that year (The Carmen brain fart!), the living hell of wayne cheater harmes in 79, the year we ran out of gas in 80, the 'what happened' with 21pts up at 3 qt time in 81, P Moore readily disposing of his runner up medal.

At the age of 11, I'd come to accept that we win Premierships by weight of numbers, we are not efficient at doing this.

9 long years later, the weight come to imminence, finally.

12 & 13 years after that the AFL love child of an assembled killing machine that no one would've defeated, it just so happened we were the strongest sacrificial lamb.

Yet more resilience built.

We almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 7 years later, and after dominating the competition the next year we again add distasteful weight.

7 years later again, the weight is becoming too much bare.

To the current day, the weight of numbers will finally break the stern intangible opposition that attempts to deny us.

We have never ever had a better opportunity since my oldest memories of 77, we will not got another opportunity like this for a long time.

It is now or never, bring it home you Magnificent Magpies and rightfully claim yourselves as the team that marks the Collingwood Football Club as the undisputed No.1 over the history of this competition. You will be forever remembered in history as so.

Floreat Pica, Bring home Premiership cup No. 16

Woke up dizzy, vomiting, been wrapped around the toilet for the last hour. I’m sorry comrades, you’ll have to make do without me. I am devastated.

(And yes I have found a recipient for my ticket…)
Drunk The Office GIF

Sorry for the intrusion.

Best of luck today, first grand final I can enjoy for the Lions as I was too young for 01-04 to properly enjoy it, so it’s been a whirlwind week!

Two best teams of the year on the final game day, the way it should be. Should be a great game!

Hopefully it’s a cracking contest with a last gasp goal finish (and please be a Lions goal 😉).

Enjoy the day!

Still feels surreal to me that last year after we target recruited McStay, Mitchell, Hill and Frampton I told everyone who would listen irl that we’ll smash Geelong in Round 1 on the way to a flag.

Now here we are on the precipice

There hasn’t been a premiership coach who never played senior football since 1912. And the only reason that bloke didn’t play seniors was a combination of reasons…. Partly because the VFL hadn’t commenced in his formative playing years, and partly because he was also a test cricketer. He played football for Victoria and 90 for fitztroy in the vfa though so could play.

So basically it’s never been done. That won’t change today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 hours to go!
Stomach is at the show.
I'm on my way to the live site.
Go hard you beautiful woodsmen.
I wanna have a barely audible voice tomorrow from cheering, shouting and singing post game.
Look forward to hugging strangers at 4.30.

One last omen - WHE cracked a joke for the first time ever this week and his great great grandfather played in a Premiership for Collingwood in 1910.

Yes l heard that last night. Just shows the relaxed mood of our boys. Even at the parade, l thought our boys looked relaxed, joking around, getting involved with the crowd. I think thats the best way to be, and not consume energy on nerves or thinking about the game too much....

Sorry for the intrusion.

Best of luck today, first grand final I can enjoy for the Lions as I was too young for 01-04 to properly enjoy it, so it’s been a whirlwind week!

Two best teams of the year on the final game day, the way it should be. Should be a great game!

Hopefully it’s a cracking contest with a last gasp goal finish (and please be a Lions goal 😉).

Enjoy the day!

I am sorry for your loss

Hey lads and lasses. Just stopped by to say that your club has had a history of stepping up to help mine during some dark days in the past. As a result, and because I hate Brisbane, I hope you knock the daylights out of them today. All the best, Hobdog

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I saved my loudest shouts in the Dogs grand final win for Liam Picken. Was so proud that he won a flag for his late great dad who was a Collingwood finals hero.

Yes l heard that last night. Just shows the relaxed mood of our boys. Even at the parade, l thought our boys looked relaxed, joking around, getting involved with the crowd. I think thats the best way to be, and not consume energy on nerves or thinking about the game too much....
wish it was the same for the rest of us though!

Sorry for the intrusion.

Hopefully it’s a cracking contest with a last gasp goal finish (and please be a Lions goal ).

Enjoy the day!

🤡

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back