Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Will has a habit of popping up to take an important mark when we are trying to ice the clock for a close win. He did it in the GF and also against GWS, if I'm remembering correctly.
He is the clutch king, I reckon. I have no data to back it up, but as you said, marks when we're icing the clock, important spoils or knock ons, bobbing up to carve through congestion and get the ball into space... he is always involved in the close finishes.

When was the last time Sidey put one through half post high from 55? Adrenaline gave him another 10 - 15m on that kick. We'll never forget it
I was screaming at the ump to give him another few metres. Little did I know…

The 2002 GF is the one that always sticks in my mind as being as people might say ROBBED. I am just so glad that advantage was called , the luck we deserved. Just could see that kick from Neale going deep and Daniher taking a Lynch like 2002 dive and getting a free. It was probably the worse game I have been too as far as disappointment goes. I didnt go on Saturday but just sitting at home finally getting that revenge after 21 years was so rewarding.

If anyone wants an entertaining read, head to the gameday Coll v Bris review thread from round 23 Marvel. The doomsayers were rampant that day. Wrote us off. Patricularly a bloke called Prankster. Couldn't win it. Anyone who thought so was delusional.

Bet they're celebrating still though. In fact, one who called me delusional has even changed their profile pic rather quickly :tearsofjoy:

kjffjhfd.JPG

If anyone wants an entertaining read, head to the gameday Coll v Bris matchday thread from round 23 Marvel. The doomsayers were rampant that day. Wrote us off. Patricularly a bloke called Prankster. Couldn't win it. Anyone who thought so was delusional.

Bet they're celebrating still though. In fact, one who called me delusional has even changed their profile pic rather quickly :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 1819754
I am fairly sure tough guy Prankster is an oppo troll. Been invisible recently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its admirable when callers can put aside their allegiances and commentate with no bias. JB clearly got the shits with Collingwood when Bruzzy KOd Angus and has shown it all through the finals
The 7 call was full of "Brisbane need to do this." and "Brisbane need to do that." "Surely that's a free".

It feels like the new era has begun and we’ve cleansed the final remnants of the Eddie/Bucks era out for good with this flag. We definitely are capable of more and I can’t wait for the future. The culture that Fly has built in just two years is phenomenal. We are so bloody lucky he’s coaching the club we love and that Darcy is our captain

Notice how we didn’t see a single Eddie shot through the entire game yesterday?
harsh mate.

Moving on eddie and bucks was 100% the right call, vindicated by flagging, but both men contributed to our club in the only way they new how. It wasn’t always the right way but their hearts were in the right place.

During the week I heard Anthony rocca interviewed and he said he’s never felt more welcome at the club as he has over the last 2 seasons. It’s part of fly’s ethos of embracing our history.

Eddie and bucks are part of our history, they are collingwood people and shouldn’t be shunned.

I was screaming at the ump to give him another few metres. Little did I know…

I was staring blankly and wondering why no-one was leading. He must have told them he was milking the full 30 seconds but still…

So many wrote the Pies off before the 2023 season because they felt we would not win as many close games this year. In 2022, we were lucky to even play finals they said. Three of four of those results go the other way, and we’d have missed finals altogether.
How ironic is it that not only did the Pies win all but one “close” game this year (Dees got us by 4pts), but we won all three finals by an average of 4pts. Including the big dance. I’m so proud our boys, our coach and our entire club.
This article makes for some good reading. Enjoy it magpie army.

IMG_9170.jpeg

The 7 call was full of "Brisbane need to do this." and "Brisbane need to do that." "Surely that's a free".
unapologetically one-sided drivel & passive-aggressive barracking from a bunch of campaigners.

Brayshaw (wan$er) at one point: "..dare i say it, from the Dom Sheed pocket".
Richo in the last Q for the advantage call (5 secs after the fact!): "..JayB, did Brisbane even know it was their free"

I spent 2 hours last night reading this entire thread. Best fun I've had reading BigFooty ever, so just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who contributed.

An absolutely magical weekend, one I'll never forget. But I did drink a few too many sherbets so I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting. 😜

Let's do it all again in 2024 Mapgie army.

I had done this ladder last year - couldn't wait to update it!

It's ordered by Premierships, followed by Grand Final appearances. To me, that is the second most successful you can be, and ranks us ahead of Essendon and Carlton.

View attachment 1819634
should add a "drawn" column, that makes it 45 GFs even more impressive.

Sidebottom's goal reminded me of the Lenny Hayes goal from outside 50 in the 2010 grand final. He just willed it home.

Not asking for that, just questioning Coleman as second best on the ground. For mine, the best players need to perform when the game is on the line, he didn't.

I guess you could say the same about Hill, but it's a bit different for forwards and his first half impact was stronger. He also had 7 2nd half disposals to Coleman's 5.

Only two of the five judges had Coleman as second best, I believe they got it wrong. The game may have been close, but we had the far better individual and team performance. Two of the five judges gave no votes to Brisbane.

This. Thought Nick, Mitchell and Crisp all had more impact than Coleman. They were the difference makers.

How good was it for us to be the side kicking the late red time goals. 2018 WC got one late in the first that changed the game. This year it was us who responded and it really does show how far this team has come. Remarkable resilience and composure to kick goals in those crucial moments and they weren’t easy shots either.
Repartitions for 2002 where we bled goals in red time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back