Player Watch Will Kelly (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm comfortable with CFC keeping Will on the list. Big unit with goods skills and endurance, didn't look out of his depth when elevated to the senior side. Just turned 23, hopefully Will can emulate Murphys' rise from obscurity!

If he is on the list in 2024 they must play him in all pre season games and first 5 rounds ..

See what his got and make a decision once and for all..

Is this when you mean to say "just fn play him!" but you want to be diplomatic?

He did have a lot of longer term injuries the first few years on our list. I remember that awful broken/dislocated elbow ... it was gruesome and kept him out for a whole season, and then he had the problems with his quads and ankle.

Also, the Covid years must have been very hard for some of these young players to continue developing (such a lack of continuity), so I'm ok with keeping him on the list for 2024 and seeing if he has the potential to become a reasonable player.

At least he has some good mentors in Howe and Moore.

just play him.....at another club

Can't let this be the last post on a thread about a listed player.

Mark, don't be so nasty. :)

Will has a strong aerial game and a booming kick. We might never witness the realisation of his potential but I remain hopeful that one way or another we'll find out this year.

This bloke and Tom Campbell making a fortune doing nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will has a strong aerial game and a booming kick. We might never witness the realisation of his potential but I remain hopeful that one way or another we'll find out this year.

everyone has their role to play and BF's role is to be nasty...

you hope to find out if he's any good this year? 2023?....has he transferred to the AFLW?

As for his strong aerial game, you must have talked to his dad at the copeland eh?

everyone has their role to play and BF's role is to be nasty...

you hope to find out if he's any good this year? 2023?....has he transferred to the AFLW?

As for his strong aerial game, you must have talked to his dad at the copeland eh?

I have bookmarked this post and will hit you on the head with it when Kelly shines in '24.

* Hoping you don't and have forgotten all about this exchange if he doesn't.

I have bookmarked this post and will hit you on the head with it when Kelly shines in '24.

* Hoping you don't and have forgotten all about this exchange if he doesn't.

well hitting on head is against AFL rules... however, I will gladly roll over, beg and fetch for craig kelly

well hitting on head is against AFL rules... however, I will gladly roll over, beg and fetch for craig kelly

I see what you did there.

It's very hard to find KPP these days. I still think playing him wing this year was all part of his development. Played some good games in the back half of the season. I think he gets another year

Playing him on the wing gave him an opportunity to play without an opponent. I watch a lot of VFL footy and when he got the ball, he was out on the wing all by himself. He has improved this year, mainly because he was shockingly bad last year. I swear he didnt want to be involved in marking contests. He almost moved away from the ball when it came towards him.

The problem is that there were younger less experienced players who were also lacking in confidence and they got delisted and Kelly is given another go. I just think it's inappropriate for him to be given these lifelines when his father is CEO. I think a lot of people here would have worked at a place where there is nepotism and it breeds negativity. He isnt worth the risk, even if the nepotism isnt there.

There's a rumour about that steele sidebottom has been told that he's going to be delisted to provide more opportunities to Will Kelly for next year. Evidently Will was asked what position that he wanted to play, and his reply was Steele's. The coaching group brought Steele into the AIA centre to tell him his fate. People within the club said that Steele was disappointed but he realised that he had to make way for a star of tomorrow. Well done Steele....

There's a rumour about that steele sidebottom has been told that he's going to be delisted to provide more opportunities to Will Kelly for next year. Evidently Will was asked what position that he wanted to play, and his reply was Steele's. The coaching group brought Steele into the AIA centre to tell him his fate. People within the club said that Steele was disappointed but he realised that he had to make way for a star of tomorrow. Well done Steele....
Sounds sus, I recall that Rusty was on the record last year saying that he accepted that he will need to be flexible with his role to allow the club to fit younger players into the team.

If Kelly manages to survive the chop then it should only be for key defensive depth so he needs to steel himself and commit to the role we originally had planned for him when drafted.

Needs to add some size to that frame and if that means adding time to his 2km time trial so be it.

We don't need him to be an option on the wing. We have better ones already at AFL level.

Has better physical attributes than his brother but Jake has the harder edge of his father and has managed to get the best out of himself and play 148 AFL games despite being no star.

Strong aerial game? Don't remember him taking many pack marks, did I forget something

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Kelly (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back