Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks to be an intriguing prospect as to what he could become.

In the short term I'm happy we seem to have addressed some KP depth through the draft, hopefully will hold us in good stead at VFL level as well throughout next year.

Finnbar Maley = The Arthur
=

D7HRcJfXkAYOa4t.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you what was so good about this selection ???

It wasn't Kayne Turner.

He is going to be a cult hero for you guys. What he has done in a short time is crazy. North are going to have so much fun watching him. Make no mistake.... he is going to make it. His last two Grand Final appearances at Eltham were exceptional. Leaps at everything and has strong hands. Long live the Eltham footy factory.

From his Instagram page - seems you both might be right. Hopefully he doesn't do too much more of this! A little riskier than LDU surfing I would have thought.

I can't see a rope! Edit... I zoomed in. There's a rope....

Brave lad!

View attachment 1858876
Rock climbers are insanely strong through the core and upper body. But it's a wirey muscle, rather than bulky
Finn will be a lot stronger than his fairly light frame looks

As some would know I was a massive Daw fan, mainly for his contested marking ability.
That is one part of the game that you cannot learn and become better at it. Should you be lucky enough to have the God given talent to time a run and leap and hang on. It doesn't matter what level you play at, as it's near impossible to counter.

Personally I'd play him before CCJ'S. To be better Finnbar would need to touch the ball 2.5 times a quarter, mark it once a quarter.

Super excited and I've my new project player, was looking for one :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back