Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

The most famous and significant passage of play in Pies Grand Finals. That was after Cameron kicking the goal which put the Lions in front but the lead was short-lived with Nick > De Goey. The ghosts of close grand final losses in 1964, 1966, 1970, 1979, 2002 and 2018 were erased and the Colliwobbles buried forever.
After we won in 1990 Allan McAllister organised to have the Colliwobbles buried at Vic Park - let's hope this burial is deeper and permanent

Me too. In the Sherrin Stand. Was an odd day , on a Sunday I think.
Don't remember seeing any of you there 🤣 iirc an "undertaker" dressed as if he was from Tombstone drove a hearse out on the ground and buried a mini coffin? / urn? containing the dreaded Colliwobbles (which iirc again was a term coined by Lou Richards)

Last edited:
After that last Lions goal, I've never prayed so hard at a game of footy, lol. That sinking, gut wrenching, sickening feeling of 'no, not again, this can't be happening'...

No clue who I was praying to, the footy gods, I think, as I'm definitely not religious.
My casual pies mates were casually watching this while drinking and chatting. I had to move to another room to watch it, and process it all as it unfolded. I only returned when the siren sounded… and swear the heart palpitations lasted for a good few days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Daicos kick to WHE…the SEN commentary…”He is the stuff of legend.”

That is all.

Stuff of legend, alright.

They say a good finals performance makes you more of a player.

There’s some things Nick did on GF Day, that even as I sit here typing this, I shake my head in disbelief.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There’s some things Nick did on GF Day, that even as I sit here typing this, I shake my head in disbelief.

He's already done some incredible things, but his performance in the Grand Final will be the making of him.
The really astounding thing is that he's only played 2 seasons.

nick.jpg

Hes that good he cleans up around the ground while marking the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back