Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've stopped looking for these damn things - now they find me 👹

View attachment 1881215

Based on the below technical schematic, I identify you as existing firmly in the 3rd level, grammar nazi.

P.S: I object to the term "grammar Nazi" because of the values associated with Nazis. Sadly, the term was very likely invented by individuals who lacked the language skills and imagination to come up with a term more apropos to one's high grammatical standards.

402547220_10230518571889375_6999042376405864289_n.jpg

Based on the below technical schematic, I identify you as existing firmly in the 3rd level, grammar nazi.

P.S: I object to the term "grammar Nazi" because of the values associated with Nazis. Sadly, the term was very likely invented by individuals who lacked the language skills and imagination to come up with a term more apropos to one's high grammatical standards.

I have assessed the economic utility of my posts on this topic - result for me = 0 exactly, for others may well be -ve. In terms of the cultural tide against which I am swimming this is something "up with which I will not put".
(Thanks to WSC)

I've stopped looking for these damn things - now they find me 👹

View attachment 1881215
Received this notification. Is this even a word?

"Your parcel is currently being processed at a sortation facility. We’ll notify you with another update when it’s ready to be delivered."

Received this notification. Is this even a word?

"Your parcel is currently being processed at a sortation facility. We’ll notify you with another update when it’s ready to be delivered."
I sort of get it but I wonder if they get "nutted at the clearances"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only that scams have become "normal"
Unfortunately they have.

Someone tried to scam me on my tax return last year, via My Guv. I submitted my return online, it was approved, then 2 weeks later I received a text to call the ATO. It was the fraud department. I was quizzed for 20 minutes or so before being told what had occurred.

Someone purporting to be the team that pay me had put in a reassessment for $50000 with $13000 already taken in tax, trying to create a tax return (my ABN doesn't have tax removed), after ATO approval of which my bank account details would be changed.

As I was subsequently locked out of myguv, I had to redo the app and contacts. I now have a password to use via phone with the ATO, to remove their block 48 hrs to do my tax next year.

It's just a word, a descriptive one, and though the swastika is gone, the word remains. It's one name you don't want to be called, unless of course, you do want to be called it and go out of your way to earn it.

It is often being bandied about now in relation to a nation's actions against people from another. When people from one side of a conflict laugh at the death of a baby, and another remarks how unfortunate that a particular IDP soldier served out his seven week deployment unharmed, and these comments accurately reflect the tone of the discussion, it's a term that is bound at some stage to get some use.

These are the times in which we live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back