Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL don't say the result doesn't matter - it's a central part of their punishment matrix. My guess is it will get medium impact - 1 week. Might get low impact and a fine.
and on a more serious note…
Since they have a matrix….how does the bolded fit into the matrix?
Because it must fit into the boxes….or are you saying the “central part to their grading” is subjective?!?

Hmmm…..

and on a more serious note…
Since they have a matrix….how does the bolded fit into the matrix?
Because it must fit into the boxes….or are you saying the “central part to their grading” is subjective?!?

Hmmm…..
Impact can be too low to be graded
Low
Medium
High
Severe

Yes, I'd call it subjective (particularly as they can factor in potential and not just actual impact.)

Impact can be too low to be graded
Low
Medium
High
Severe

Yes, I'd call it subjective (particularly as they can factor in potential and not just actual impact.)
agree….a subjective measure.
Especially when you throw in “potential “.
if you are going down potential….then Bradshaw is always the “potential” outcome.
Or even Mccartin on the ground is potential.

Even though % wise those outcomes are individual related (not their fault btw).

It’s not a system that works. Never will as it’s always open to significant interpretation which doesn’t account for the individual.

agree….a subjective measure.
Especially when you throw in “potential “.
if you are going down potential….then Bradshaw is always the “potential” outcome.
Or even Mccartin on the ground is potential.

Even though % wise those outcomes are individual related (not their fault btw).

It’s not a system that works. Never will as it’s always open to significant interpretation which doesn’t account for the individual.
I like it. Take it over the vibe that it preceded, which is far more subjective. I don't think you can remove some level of subjectivity. I'm sure it can and will be fine-tuned and improved over time. How would you do it differently.

I like it. Take it over the vibe that it preceded, which is far more subjective. I don't think you can remove some level of subjectivity. I'm sure it can and will be fine-tuned and improved over time. How would you do it differently.
That’s always going to be the question.
Always has been.

Just not sure I like the result being part of it.
Never have.

I’d prefer the result (“impact”) be take. Out of it and just go harsher on “intent”.

Then change the numbers on the matrix.

It’s pretty obvious whether someone meant to or not….thats the biggest thing and part that’s given the biggest leeway.

Wow Adelaide are rubbish ( Dawson, Rankine and Hinge excused)

Keays should have been dropped a few weeks ago - a limited and selfish footballer.

Rankine and Dawson are the only players that have composure with ball in hand.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Shouldn’t be a s**t storm given they explicitly came out and said they’d be punishing that kind of behaviour.

Pickett is a sniper of the highest order, so hopefully gets a holiday. That hit on Smith was attempted murder
8 weeks for that. Just in time to come back and play Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s 10 better.

giphy.gif

It's making me sick how the media think the Dees are flag favourites after beating the Dogs, Port and Crows.

View attachment 1950401

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If Collingwood had done the same, they'd be saying that they're well below par and would be lucky to make the finals if they kept playing like that.

Early days, but Melbourne's as good a shot as anyone at this stage. They look more cohesive so far this season, but admittedly it's a small sample size and arguably one or two injuries to certain players could harm them more than most other contending teams.

Early days, but Melbourne's as good a shot as anyone at this stage. They look more cohesive so far this season, but admittedly it's a small sample size and arguably one or two injuries to certain players could harm them more than most other contending teams.
They looked unbeatable at the start of the 2022 season. Personally hoping for out in straight sets 3 years in a row.

Melbourne didn't look like they knew how to ice the game last night. They're lucky that Adelaide did to them exactly what Melbourne themselves did to us in the QF last year; long, rushed kicks into shallow F50 entries, shots from long distances.

Haven't checked the expected scores but it wouldn't surprise me if it said Adelaide should've won 😂

Adelaide have had massive issues going inside 50 this year. I'm not even sure it's because Tex is out of form, past it, whatever way you want to look at him. They just seem to go long and high to a 1v1 or 2v1 and hope he marks it. At the end of the game last night they had 10-11 minutes to score 4 goals and they were exacting as if they had 4 minutes left. That's where our coaching development has been huge the last 2-3 years.

They looked unbeatable at the start of the 2022 season. Personally hoping for out in straight sets 3 years in a row.
Yeh, 10-0 start and looked every bit the team to beat.

I'd personally prefer that they, together with Carlton, find a way of missing the finals entirely. Highly unlikely to happen, particularly as both have been given a good draw by the AFL relative to where they finished last season.

Easily my two most disliked teams.

I'd personally prefer that they, together with Carlton, find a way of missing the finals entirely. Highly unlikely to happen, particularly as both have been given a good draw by the AFL relative to where they finished last season.

Would like nothing more than both Blues & Dee's going out in straight sets.

Only thing better would be us going B2B.

Their problem is their forward line - Fritsch is a gun but they can’t rely on him and the others to stand up under finals pressure. They need to enlist the Time Swiper to take 5 or so years off Ben Brown.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back