Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Kelli Underwood “Charlie Comben, he’s not getting the marks today but the free kicks” along the lines of…

Checked the stats, he’s equal 3rd highest in marks. :sunface:
She is deadset the worst commentator I've ever had the misfortune to listen to, across all sports.

Amazing to think Stephenson can’t get a game in this team aswell.
One of the most bizarre career trajectories ever. Incredible debut season, was flying even higher in his second season before the suspension, and has been downhill ever since. Not sure I've seen anything like it.

Some serious talent taken after him too: Naughton; Sam Taylor; Tim Kelly; Oscar Allen; Liam Ryan; Balta; Fritsch; Tom McCartin; Worpel; Dylan Moore; Ed Richards; Jack Higgins; Brandon Starcevich; Zac Bailey; Xerri; Miers; Tom De Koning; Brent Daniels & Kane Farell.

One of the most bizarre career trajectories ever. Incredible debut season, was flying even higher in his second season before the suspension, and has been downhill ever since. Not sure I've seen anything like it.

Some serious talent taken after him too: Naughton; Sam Taylor; Tim Kelly; Oscar Allen; Liam Ryan; Balta; Fritsch; Tom McCartin; Worpel; Dylan Moore; Ed Richards; Jack Higgins; Brandon Starcevich; Zac Bailey; Xerri; Miers; Tom De Koning; Brent Daniels & Kane Farell.
Dekka strikes again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really thought we won the draft after his Rising Star year.

When he was drafted I thought this looks like a kid who has had a serious medical condition in the past but has overcome the challenges, looks like he was brought up and has his head screwed on right. Boy was I wrong.

Such a disappointment.

Dekka didn't derail him - prior to the gambling incident, Stephenson was looking to be on an AA trajectory. Only Stevo is to blame IMO
Of course he didn’t but we needed a tall ..Naughton, Sam Taylor (best KPD in game), Oscar Allen (trending as one best KPFs), Balta (KP back & forward), T.McCartin, TDK ..

Pick #6 for a flaky, underweight, outside small forwards, with aversion to body lining the ball ..no thanks.

Of course he didn’t but we needed a tall ..Naughton, Sam Taylor (best KPD in game), Oscar Allen (trending as one best KPFs), Balta (KP back & forward), T.McCartin, TDK ..

Pick #6 for a flaky, underweight, outside small forwards, with aversion to body lining the ball ..no thanks.
We were never going to draft any of those guys listed but Naughton at 6. Taylor was a pick back in the 60s from memory.

After his first 30 games he was the best player from that class. Hindsight is very easy. Could have picked a dud like Jarrod Brander with #6 too.

Dekka didn't derail him - prior to the gambling incident, Stephenson was looking to be on an AA trajectory. Only Stevo is to blame IMO
My theory is that he listened to the blokes who at the time thought that Howe had let him down by telling him to go to the head of footy rather than hushing it up. Has become a sulky player ever since.

We were never going to draft any of those guys listed but Naughton at 6. Taylor was a pick back in the 60s from memory.

After his first 30 games he was the best player from that class. Hindsight is very easy. Could have picked a dud like Jarrod Brander with #6 too.

Would have been happy with Naughton as KPD. He played 18 games 2018 in key postion. From memory, our last game in 2018 we were desperate for key post player.

or

S.Taylor pick 28 or

Allen 21, Balta 25, TDK 30, Friitsch 31, McCartin 33

Dekka’s early ND selections have been poor for a while IMO

Last edited:
Would have been happy with Naughton as KPD. He played 18 games 2018 in key postion. From memory, our last game in 2018 we were desperate for key post player.

or

S.Taylor pick 28 or

Allen 21, Balta 25, TDK 30, Friitsch 3, McCartin 33

Dekka’s early ND selections have been poor for a while IMO
We still nabbed a premiership FB in the 20s

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back