Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers kid 6 rows back RHS also suitably impressed eyebrows up.

The TV footage is good for wave of reactions - a Bombers fan front row first to react with a palms out sook of "where's the free for the unrealistic attempt ump"?
(in fairness 99/100 times the ump probably does pay unrealistic attempt there...)
what the fcuk is MacCauley Culkin doing at the footy?

Bombers kid 6 rows back RHS also suitably impressed eyebrows up.

The TV footage is good for wave of reactions - a Bombers fan front row first to react with a palms out sook of "where's the free for the unrealistic attempt ump"?
(in fairness 99/100 times the ump probably does pay unrealistic attempt there...)
I saw stringer put his hands on players shoulders twice yesterday, he didn't get unrealistic attempt either

When Billy was first recruited, I was simply amazed at how high he could elevate for a smaller player.
Fly said the same in some interview or another after the game - that when he did his stint as development coach at the Pies, Jamie would amaze him as well. :)

Pretty sure we were told by one of the forums more notorious posters a few years back the Jamie Elliott can’t jump anymore. He’s been doing it pretty consistently since the pronouncement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bounce “mark of the week” saw Jamie win of course.
The interesting thing was they didn’t even bother to put two other marks from this round up against him.
Instead they took two of his marks from previous years.
3 of the greatest marks you would ever see. Great viewing.

Pretty sure we were told by one of the forums more notorious posters a few years back the Jamie Elliott can’t jump anymore. He’s been doing it pretty consistently since the pronouncement.
People were posting that a few years ago when he was injured.

Pretty concerning, but I'll wait until someone with a bit more credibility than this peanut has something to say about Jamie before panicking
absolutely - Tom Morris is not a source to go by, but he is only training indoors so we don't know really when he's tracking to be back still - seems worse than the club presented when they said a "minor vascular issue".

absolutely - Tom Morris is not a source to go by, but he is only training indoors so we don't know really when he's tracking to be back still - seems worse than the club presented when they said a "minor vascular issue".
It does seem to be quite complicated - definitely more so than the club was initially anticipating. I can also imagine the mental wear & tear all the many rehab programs Elliott has participated in would have

Elliott is just a star. Huge marks, clutch goals.
I will never forget him once he decides to hang up the boots.
A beautiful character on and off the field.

Wish him all the best in getting on top of it, wether he decides to hang them up or not having your foot turn black in game would not be a great feeling.

Last edited:
Along with checkers, our most courageous players, they put themselves in positions where they get crunched time and again, and just pick themselves up and do it again.

Both Jamie and Checkers have caused me to wince and look away many times over the years.

They get crunched, get slowly up, shake their heads, and then straight back into it.

I would not blame Jamie if he’s had enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back