List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is that North are looking to buy some ready to go bodies in the middle during this offseason. They have a lot of talent for ball users but if the rumours around LDU are true they might have nobody to win the first hands on the ball.

I wouldn't expect pick one to be on the table, even though they will say it is as always, but if they are excited to poach any of our contracted surplus mids, or half forwards who are contracted but seeking more midfield time then our block of later first round picks could facilitate an exchange.

And that would go a long way to buying the likes of Chad Warner.
Andrew Brayshaw for pick 1?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

More like Brodie, Switta, Pick #13 and F1 for pick #1, #39 and F2

#1, #10 and #24 for Chad Warner #18, #19

#19 for Baker.

#15 and #18 to Brisbane for pick #7

#7, #39 at the draft.

This would only happen if the AFL gave north an extra first on the condition they trade it for ready to go players.

The Snitch isn't any one person - it's a clearing house for stuff they don't have the evidence to stack up but clearly still want to publish. That includes off-the-record kite flying from both us and the Budgies, I'd wager.

Allows them to publish the reams of baseless footy gossip that does the rounds in Perth, but gives them plausible deniability when it's wrong.

View attachment 2012429

Suma has long been speculated as the snitch right?
Nothingburger of an article. Just repeating stuff we already knew.

The Snitch: Fremantle Dockers appear to be playing long game with Sydney Swans star Chad Warner​

The SnitchThe West Australian
Thu, 6 June 2024 11:45AM

Sometimes silence says everything.
Exhibit A: Fremantle coach Justin Longmuir’s response to a recent question about whether the Dockers had been in contact with prized Sydney on-baller Chad Warner during a return to his home town of Perth during the Swans bye weekend.
“Definitely (he is) in unbelievable form and I think the thing lost in the articles that have come out is the fact that he has still got 18 months to go on a contract,” Longmuir said.
“We will just let that one be for the moment.”
Of course, J-Lo has to let that one go through to the metaphorical keeper.
But The Snitch won’t.
My Snitch sources inside Cockburn tell me the Dockers had their fingerprints all over the visit. Or should I say, credit card imprint.
After all, just say Fremantle paid for the entire weekend at Crown for Chad and his girlfriend Alice — and I’m saying they did — that’s OK isn’t it? No strings attached. Just a goodwill gesture. Nothing really to see here. Just “think about us” before you extend your Swans contract which expires at the end of 2025.
The wooing process has to begin somewhere and it’s so much more sophisticated these days.
I can remember legendary North Melbourne administrator Ron Joseph signing the great late coach Ron Barassi on the back of a beer coaster at the Old Melbourne Hotel.
As it turns out, Mrs Snitch and I were also camped at Crown the very same weekend.
We like to head “up river” once or twice a year to introduce a bit of spice to our lives.
I throw my chips on the baccarat board, after all it is the Game of Kings, while Mrs Snitch is happy to toil away at the money wheel.
Afterwards, we usually wind down with a Rockin’ Sour or two at The Waiting Room, followed by a High Tea. Maybe even a show.
We did spot the lovely couple once or twice and let’s just say they looked both happy … and at home.
Before he got to Burswood, Warner told a Channel 10 reporter at Perth Airport he had “just come home to enjoy some time with family”.
But then: “I’m loving it over in Sydney and I guess that time will come where myself, Alice my girlfriend and all that want to decide whatever we want to do with the future.”
Yes, the time will come.
And what a Crown-ing achievement it will be if Warner finishes his playing days in purple.

Last edited:
🤮 🤢

We should be doing everything to keep Brayshaw. Heart and soul.

Albeit add Warner, maybe Baker but don’t lose anyone. 1 step forward and 1 step back gets you nowhere.
The article is a pile of crap no doubt, but who’s saying we’re not doing everything we can to keep Brayshaw & if I’m Brayshaw I’d be pretty excited that the club I’m playing for is looking to work out ways to be even better.
He’s a heart & soul guy, but he is as professional a footballer as you’re going to get & he wants success & a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think you are talking about spending draft capital upgrading two depth kids who were late draft picks. His potential to become another Chappy would be probably as much as him becoming a swingman.

I'd much rather use that Capital on a ready made player who can slot in or a high draft pick in a position of need, even if it means we flip something to next years draft. Tall defenders rank along side inside mids and ruckman as far as list priority goes.
I agree we are good for tall defenders, which is why I'm naming them as trade capital. I don't see decent players hanging around to be depth, and I don't see them having trade value in their own right. Davies in particular might be wondering where his opportunity will come from, and Murphy pretty much needs Pearce to retire before he will see light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes as a former pick 8 a first round pick would be part of getting a deal done

With his versatility Curtin legitimately pushes for a best 22 opportunity, and releases and/or gives cover for Chapman. His profile has him as a defender/midfielder, and highlights his disposal as a feature.

My first priority would be Warner, but Sydney won't let him go this year imo. I would move draft picks into next year to get him if that works. That costs us our first pick and next year's first, although I would prefer to use Erasmus in that trade. Warner makes him redundant.

And I would grab Bolton and Baker for reasonable trade deals. That costs us one first and the Saints pick.

Simpson and Delean are also exciting small forward options to have in development too.

Curtin for our final first plus Murphy/Davies is excellent value and improves us across the ground.

I agree we are good for tall defenders, which is why I'm naming them as trade capital. I don't see decent players hanging around to be depth, and I don't see them having trade value in their own right. Davies in particular might be wondering where his opportunity will come from, and Murphy pretty much needs Pearce to retire before he will see light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes as a former pick 8 a first round pick would be part of getting a deal done

With his versatility Curtin legitimately pushes for a best 22 opportunity, and releases and/or gives cover for Chapman. His profile has him as a defender/midfielder, and highlights his disposal as a feature.

My first priority would be Warner, but Sydney won't let him go this year imo. I would move draft picks into next year to get him if that works. That costs us our first pick and next year's first, although I would prefer to use Erasmus in that trade. Warner makes him redundant.

And I would grab Bolton and Baker for reasonable trade deals. That costs us one first and the Saints pick.

Simpson and Delean are also exciting small forward options to have in development too.

Curtin for our final first plus Murphy/Davies is excellent value and improves us across the ground.
Entering Taylor delusional areas there Gav with the Bolton and Baker deal

What will they get for him when out of contract next season if he wants to move? Cant walk him to the draft. So… High first rounder or SSP selection as per Sharp…

If (big if) he wants to leave in 2025, we have enough draft capital to get the deal done (3 firsts and a high second is a damn fine hand!)

And get baker or curtin too if include our F1too
You need to learn more about how AFL trading works.
Warner is NOT a free agent next year.
He is just out of contract. We still would have to pay, handsomely for him.
It’s the same scenario that Luke jackson was in when he was traded to us. Out of contract but not a free agent.
We paid though the nose then and we will do it again for Warner, regardless of whether he’s in contract or not.

For most players they must be EIGHT YEARS at a club before free agency comes into play.
Or they mate have been previously delisted. In which case they are a UFA for life every time they are out of contract. That generally never applies to premium players like Warner or Jackson though.
It did to Lachie Schultz though.

Perth is starting to offer more as a place to live.
I started coming to Melbourne 12 year ago after family moved here
Staying for weeks at a time in Dandenong, inner city, ringwood, Healesville and Wallan.
The traffic has worsened, on its way to Jakarta levels at rush hour, even in the outer suburbs.
It's not unusual for people to do 2 hour commutes.
The housing "crisis" means people are living in garages and sheds.
Melbourne airport is falling over.
And it's still cloudy every day.

I was never a Perth fan until the end of covid.
I used to see it as a place as an airport to go somewhere fun and vibrant.
It's grown up, it's not just Northbridge piss heads and bogans anymore.
We have comedy, music and arts.
Craft beer and sunlight food to die for.
The surf is shit but the beaches are supposed to be ok 🤣
South West has some of the best surf in the world. They are building a wave pool next door at Coburn anyway.

Once the performance art students, from the premier performing arts in Oz have taken over yagan square Perth will step it up another notch.

The only thing that I would find painful is playing a game of footy, being sore as **** and not being able to go home and recover.
Having to fly the next day or late that night would be hard work.
If we can get an extra game at home this would make the work of difference and I reckon Justin and co are working on something.
That and no 5 and 6 day breaks.
Playing early games to get home early.
The little things.

I can't speak for Sydney or Brisbane.
I don't think Melbourne has it over Perth as much as what it used to..

There are others things like family and friends that influence peoples decisions, however perth is not the arseh*le of Australia anymore.

💜

There’s in our favour, the there’s IN OUR FAVOUR.

Agree on Warner. He’s in solid sell the farm territory
This is how I see our forward line;

Jackson - Amiss - Sturt/Banfield/Voss/Emmett
Frederick - Treacy - Switkowski/Simpson/Walters

Walters the only player needing replacing, Sturt a bit in limbo too. I haven't included Delean; he seems a way off making a plausible case for inclusion.

I think that is a pretty handy squad. For me the issues forward are less about the soldiers and more about the tactics; You might argue that Bolton and Baker improve us, but Warner changes the connection* between our midfield and forward line. I'd add Erasmus to the deal that might get us Bolton and Baker.

That's where I would put the investment.

*that's also why I would be open to going after Curtin because he allows us to create a wing/hbf rotation with him and Chapman. Our forward entries get an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back