MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

The opinion is a joke. They found that Mansell didn't duck. Really? What was that little dip of the head and shoulders just before Boyd made contact with him. All that finding did was make it easier for the duckers and divers to get free kicks from ducking their head and driving into a tackle.

Didn't Mark Austin suffer a broken neck from doing something like that? What's it going to take to get the AFL to get serious about idiots who put themselves into situations where they could suffer from serious injury, just to win a free kick.

That being said... good that Boyd got off the suspension.

EDIT: It was Simon White.

Last edited:
Michael Christian trying too hard to be relevant I guess - about time someone else came into his role
Time for a proper match review panel. At least 3 people on the panel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those unfamiliar with legal wordings.

"We do not make that finding"

is not, "he didn't do it."

It's more like we don't want to say he did, because that's not what we're here to do.

They found, by the letter of the rules that they had to decide it was medium impact, and also that it wasn't because Boyd was obviously not trying to hurt Mansell

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

The opinion is a joke. They found that Mansell didn't duck. Really? What was that little dip of the head and shoulders just before Boyd made contact with him. All that finding did was make it easier for the duckers and divers to get free kicks from ducking their head and driving into a tackle.

Didn't Mark Austin suffer a broken neck from doing something like that? What's it going to take to get the AFL to get serious about idiots who put themselves into situations where they could suffer from serious injury, just to win a free kick.

That being said... good that Boyd got off the suspension.
I suspect that there is an element of not wanting to create a precedent there.

Kind if like "we agree but we don't want anyone else to use that defence so we'll let you off on a technicality. Here's your slap on the wrist and off you go".

For those unfamiliar with legal wordings.

"We do not make that finding"

is not, "he didn't do it."

It's more like we don't want to say he did, because that's not what we're here to do.

They found, by the letter of the rules that they had to decide it was medium impact, and also that it wasn't because Boyd was obviously not trying to hurt Mansell

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for this. I had read it differently. But it could have been clearer.

I suspect that there is an element of not wanting to create a precedent there.

Kind if like "we agree but we don't want anyone else to use that defence so we'll let you off on a technicality. Here's your slap on the wrist and off you go".
Pretty much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back