Preview Round 18 - Essendoomguys VS Melbourne Demons, MCG, Saturday 13/7/24, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m at the point where I have to concede that Gawn might be the better ruckman, however, Madden remains the better player overall taking into account his forward nous and the eye-candy high marking during his career.
Max, superstar. Madden next level. Would stop a goal down back, would set one up in the middle, would kick one up forward. Has to be elevated to legend status. He was that good.

As a bombers fan, while hoping he has a speedy recovery, good for our hopes

As A Supercoach player. Worst Thing that could ever happen. Please end me (In Minecraft)
I have Jackson forward and Maley on the bench, very happy with that rn

I have Jackson forward and Maley on the bench, very happy with that rn
Rule of thumb is 2 weeks you can hold 3 weeks is too long. Can't decide whether to save trades or get a jump on my opponents by trading him, although none of the other rucks are in good form apart from TDK who I already have.

We will never have a better opportunity to have a good win over the Dees as we do this week. No Pretracca, Gawn out and Oliver is well down on form. Ess coming off an 8 day break, Melbourne in a false lull after believing everything is better against one of the worst sides in the comp! Weather looks good for this week as well. Forget the win, time to fill our socks! Time to get the fwd connection working. Start to freshen up players, Heppel in for Cox, Hind for Gresham. Archie as sub! Not getting too far ahead but I suspect no Rankine when we play the crows the week after! Biggest July for this club in 20 years coming up, a real chance to have a crack at this season. I am a big believer anybody on their day can beat any other side in the comp at the moment, why not us! Go you good things!
Sorry to be a bummer, but I’d be happy with 4 points and no injuries.

Hmm.

7 rounds left.

“Win this one, as well as our next 9 after that.”

So win this one (Melbourne) + the next 6 after that. That’d be a top 4 finish.
Then win qualifying final, prelim and grand final to make it 9.

…unless you’re talking winning trade week again as the 10th - in which case I’m on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many things are falling our way. It's getting scary.
I might have a saving bet on Melb just in case.
First time for about 24 years we’ve had a decent run of luck…

No Maximus, Trac & a floundering Oliver is as vulnerable as we’ll ever get the dees. We should be winnng this comfortably & for the love of god if it’s wet, just carry Hepp over another week & play him fresh against the Crows.

IN- Hobbs
OUT - Perkins

We will never have a better opportunity to have a good win over the Dees as we do this week. No Pretracca, Gawn out and Oliver is well down on form. Ess coming off an 8 day break, Melbourne in a false lull after believing everything is better against one of the worst sides in the comp! Weather looks good for this week as well. Forget the win, time to fill our socks! Time to get the fwd connection working. Start to freshen up players, Heppel in for Cox, Hind for Gresham. Archie as sub! Not getting too far ahead but I suspect no Rankine when we play the crows the week after! Biggest July for this club in 20 years coming up, a real chance to have a crack at this season. I am a big believer anybody on their day can beat any other side in the comp at the moment, why not us! Go you good things!
That's the spirit
Fire up!!

No Maximus, Trac & a floundering Oliver is as vulnerable as we’ll ever get the dees. We should be winnng this comfortably & for the love of god if it’s wet, just carry Hepp over another week & play him fresh against the Crows.

IN- Hobbs
OUT - Perkins
Hobbs in very average form in vfl. Pretty hard to see him come in ahead of Perkins, Hind, Hepp, Roberts I'd even add Davey above him. Sheil wasn't selected till he dominated, I doubt Hobbs does either.

Profusely apologise for the intrusion but do you:
1) Bring in Goldstein to even further dominate MFC's decimated ruck department, at the expense of a runner.
2) Leave out Goldstein and retain the extra runner because you'll easily win the ruck battle with only Draper.

Not only is Gawn out, Melksham could have easily been out with his hit on McGovern.

1) Bring in Goldstein to even further dominate MFC's decimated ruck department, at the expense of a runner.
2) Leave out Goldstein and retain the extra runner because you'll easily win the ruck battle with only Draper.

Not only is Gawn out, Melksham could have easily been out with his hit on McGovern.
I'd play the extra runner

likely going in unchanged, maybe a single one worst case scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back