No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Back in the day (1970's)- Friday night takeaway, you could get a hamburger in batter drenched in Heinz, slapped in a bun. That and greasy chips, gives you the highest age expectancy the world has ever seen.

The town takeaway also offered

Potato cakes (thick mothers)
Dimmies
Flake (thick)
Burger with the lot
Spring roll (has cabbage in it, was less dense) and Chicko Roll (firmer crust) at the same price.
Nothing Steamed
Nothing crumbed
No pies
about 3x Pinnies
maybe a jukebox?
Icecream
That's about it,

A good suburban takeaway still gives you about the same.
And they are getting harder and harder to find

Back in the day (1970's)- Friday night takeaway, you could get a hamburger in batter drenched in Heinz, slapped in a bun. That and greasy chips, gives you the highest age expectancy the world has ever seen.

The town takeaway also offered

Potato cakes (thick mothers)
Dimmies
Flake (thick)
Burger with the lot
Spring roll (has cabbage in it, was less dense) and Chicko Roll (firmer crust) at the same price.
Nothing Steamed
Nothing crumbed
No pies
about 3x Pinnies
maybe a jukebox?
Icecream
That's about it,

A good suburban takeaway still gives you about the same.
cooked in beef tallow back in the day. the fryers used to be white fat when they cool down , re use the next day and doesnt go rancid

cant get the same quality with the new oils

cooked in beef tallow back in the day. the fryers used to be white fat when they cool down , re use the next day and doesnt go rancid

cant get the same quality with the new oils
When I had California Gully Take away we switched from Animal fat to Palm Oil but could only get two days out of it , the Animal fats would last a week with daily filtering

When I had California Gully Take away we switched from Animal fat to Palm Oil but could only get two days out of it , the Animal fats would last a week with daily filtering
palm oil makes it crispy too has a similar consistency

but canola, sunflower, soybean oil downgrades the taste heavily

Did customers notice the difference when you swapped?

Maccas ‘fries’ used to be treated with tallow, and then cooked instore in vegetable oil. They changed the recipe in one store so the fries were treated with vegetable oil to gauge public reaction. They didn’t tell anyone, and sales fell off a cliff.

I doubt they use any animal fat now as they need to be halal and Hindu friendly.

Maccas ‘fries’ used to be treated with tallow, and then cooked instore in vegetable oil. They changed the recipe in one store so the fries were treated with vegetable oil to gauge public reaction. They didn’t tell anyone, and sales fell off a cliff.

I doubt they use any animal fat now as they need to be halal and Hindu friendly.
they used to be cooked in 100% beef tallow first

Yeah they did the majority loved it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A proper Cornish pasty with a shortcrust made with lard and a filling of beef and veg is pretty good. I wouldn’t feed a Four’n Twenty pasty to my dog.
yeah those ones are hectic

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters The TAN 84 - NO yank politics.Brand names with a dash of groupthink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back