Universal Love #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see him breaking Harvey's 432 games record.
He will go close though. Would have to play another season on top of next.

2 things buggered up his chances of breaking the record

1) The bicep injury (would have broken it next year 100%)
2) Us sucking and most likely not making finals

So yeah, he'd have to go one more year to break it

Having said that, the romantic in me wouldn't mind him playing on in 2026 is a development role where he's essentially spending most of his games helping develop the kid in the VFL and you play him infrequently just to beat the record

I'm aware that won't happen, just saying the part of me that wants to see him break the record would want that

Mostly because if Pendles doesn't break the record, I doubt anyone ever will. There's a reason only 6 have hit 400

Just as a side note (pun intended) - I noticed in the clip above with the 3 coaches talking about Pendles, the wonderful pass to Sidebottom in the 2010 replay.

And then it hit me - Sidebottom has scored the last Collingwood goal in both Grand Finals. What are the chances?!?
He also kicked the last goal for us in the 2011 GF. Shame it was in the 3rd quarter 😭

...I'm aware that won't happen, just saying the part of me that wants to see him break the record would want that

Mostly because if Pendles doesn't break the record, I doubt anyone ever will. There's a reason only 6 have hit 400
My feeling is that Pendles has swept the field in terms of games honours. Norm Smith, 2 x Premierships, 5 x BF, Captaincy... surely we can allow Boomer to have kept that singular honour to himself :)

He may still be playing very well through next year
He may just be a bit injured with his bicep these past weeks and everyones writing his career off already
Silly posters, he is not taking games off anyone and has had some very good games this year despite the injury, our VFL team is complete rubbish its not like players are banging down the door for a game

My feeling is that Pendles has swept the field in terms of games honours. Norm Smith, 2 x Premierships, 5 x BF, Captaincy... surely we can allow Boomer to have kept that singular honour to himself :)

No thanks

Better that shit blokes don't hold onto records

Definitely going well enough for another contract with his form

And even if he doesn’t play every game , all the intangibles he offers on and off the field make it worthwhile anyway
And hopefully has agreed to a smaller contract to enable space for some trading and free agents

I think the other thing with Boomer is that it was generally accepted that North made a poor decision to retire him. They were way too eager to bring in youth when they needed experienced players like Boomer to support the youngsters.

Maybe if North had a more experienced management team they might have held onto him for even longer.

If Tuck set the record in 1990 and Pendles is about to break it in 2024… this can only mean 1 thing!

1990 = premiers
2024 = premiers?

Season 6 Omg GIF by The Office

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may still be playing very well through next year
He may just be a bit injured with his bicep these past weeks and everyones writing his career off already

Idiots are writing off his career already.

Not everyone, just idiots.

Wonder what the cheer squad will have on the banner this week?🧐

The banners have been on the small side recently, and thankfully since the IQ gaffe they’ve sorted out their spelling.

Think they might be due for a big one!

I marvelled at the tales of Gordon Coventry, I stood in awe as I listened to the fearless deeds of the games first enforcer, Albert Collier. As a young boy growing up, I was held in the arms of The Prince of Full Backs Jack Regan and was rendered speechless in the presence of Bob Rose. I saw the career of the most talented footballer of all time, John Greening, come and go as quickly as it started, ended by an act of cowardice. I saw Thommo enforce the contest and Billy rule the skies. I saw Fabulous Phil do things that no other player could, and I was mesmerised by a 19-year-old kid called Daicos who was the games first magician. I saw Shawy will his way to 300 and the life of my mate and our greatest wingman ever in Pants torn away at the age of 26. I saw Bucks with sheer relentlessness and an iron will pick our club up on his back and force his way into the conversation of being the best Pie of them all. As I reflect on being a 50 plus year member of our great club I must now look back and ponder on who is the greatest Pie of them all. A skinny kid from Sale, with a basketball background now stands alone at the top of the Black and White Mountain as the Greatest Footballer to ever pull on the Black and White stripes. A Collingwood immortal. Scott Pendlebury the greatest Magpie of them all.
Wow!!! This is simply a brilliant and heart-felt summation of the incredible Pies players who I've had the joy (and despair) of following during my life time of being a Collingwood supporter. All I can say is "Thank you".

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Back